NMCA 21/22

Whispers are that Camrea is back in, the comp spent $30k to lose the court case against them and they’re chasing Camrea out again. Anyone confirm this? If any of this is true and this is the comp’s money that Board should be booted out. This crap is crazy.

Well n truly barking up the wrong tree there champ, if I was in charge I'd be happy to spend 100k not 30 to insure members of the comp we're safe from people hitting them with the old double scoop

Whispers are that Camrea is back in, the comp spent $30k to lose the court case against them and they’re chasing Camrea out again. Anyone confirm this? If any of this is true and this is the comp’s money that Board should be booted out. This crap is crazy.
At the end of the day the Board represents all of our clubs so it's their responsibility to act on what the clubs want. Seems like they have been fairly transparent from what my club committee has been saying. Take this with a grain of salt as second hand info but I hear that Camrea stuck their foot in it as the President's meeting and did themselves no favours at all. Be good if someone could confirm either way.

At the end of the day the Board represents all of our clubs so it's their responsibility to act on what the clubs want. Seems like they have been fairly transparent from what my club committee has been saying. Take this with a grain of salt as second hand info but I hear that Camrea stuck their foot in it as the President's meeting and did themselves no favours at all. Be good if someone could confirm either way.
So what your telling me is that the clubs wanted the NMCA to blow 30k in legal costs because they didn't follow the proper processes when originally trying to adjudicate a punishment for Camrea, because that's what happened. The NMCA blew 30k because they made mistakes, costly for the clubs as ultimately it's the clubs money. That's the truth.
I am just waiting for a courageous President or Secretary from one of these clubs to ask the question on how it happened?
The only answer the NMCA can give is that we made an error (by our own NMCA constitution and by law) when we tried to adjudicate on Camrea punishment, and as a result we have to pay our own legal bills and there legal costs (8k).
Don't take this as a grain of salt.

So what your telling me is that the clubs wanted the NMCA to blow 30k in legal costs because they didn't follow the proper processes when originally trying to adjudicate a punishment for Camrea, because that's what happened. The NMCA blew 30k because they made mistakes, costly for the clubs as ultimately it's the clubs money. That's the truth.
I am just waiting for a courageous President or Secretary from one of these clubs to ask the question on how it happened?
The only answer the NMCA can give is that we made an error (by our own NMCA constitution and by law) when we tried to adjudicate on Camrea punishment, and as a result we have to pay our own legal bills and there legal costs (8k).
Don't take this as a grain of salt.
What club are you from?

im sure theres other options than going legal..... thats crazyness
im sure theres other options than going legal..... thats crazyness
You would think so, wouldn't you? But from everything I hear outside of what the NMCA might be telling everyone, that wasn't the case. Apparently the club tried everything possible to mediate a solution with the NMCA, but were never given any opportunity to do so. I don't know all the facts, but all I can say is that from the facts that we all do know, I still don't understand how a competition that is struggling for clubs and players, can make a decision to expel clubs at the drop of a hat. Yes, what happened at the GF was terrible, but not unprecedented. When you ask about options, surely the NMCA also had other options than to expel these clubs. I would imagine that Camrea are fighting this to the end because they believe they have been treated unfairly. And when I look at the reports that came out of that game, and they're there for everyone to see, I tend to agree with them.

That is actually a fact from what I hear.

Well n truly barking up the wrong tree there champ, if I was in charge I'd be happy to spend 100k not 30 to insure members of the comp we're safe from people hitting them with the old double scoop
You actually don't have to spend a cent to achieve that outcome, just follow your constitution and the law.
The only reason the money was blown was because the NMCA board made significant errors.
If the board were truly transparent they should hand over the legal advice (the clubs paid for it) which told them to drop the charges against Camrea the day before it went to court. They did it for a reason and it wasn't because the NMCA wanted to do it, they were forced to do it, not by Camrea but by there own legal advice.
The President of the board also advised all member clubs that there legal advice suggested the legal costs judgment awarded to Camrea had a good chance of being overturned on appeal but it wasn't worth persuing. Well that number is $8,000.
All clubs have NMCA logos but only one club is sponsored by the NMCA.

Back