NMCA 21/22

You actually don't have to spend a cent to achieve that outcome, just follow your constitution and the law.
The only reason the money was blown was because the NMCA board made significant errors.
If the board were truly transparent they should hand over the legal advice (the clubs paid for it) which told them to drop the charges against Camrea the day before it went to court. They did it for a reason and it wasn't because the NMCA wanted to do it, they were forced to do it, not by Camrea but by there own legal advice.
The President of the board also advised all member clubs that there legal advice suggested the legal costs judgment awarded to Camrea had a good chance of being overturned on appeal but it wasn't worth persuing. Well that number is $8,000.
All clubs have NMCA logos but only one club is sponsored by the NMCA.
What club are you associated with again?

Well n truly barking up the wrong tree there champ, if I was in charge I'd be happy to spend 100k not 30 to insure members of the comp we're safe from people hitting them with the old double scoop
Lucky you are not in charge . One Camrea player messed up VS 6 current players, officials and past players from Lalor reported and suspended ..
Lalor now playing in MWMCA with all penalties cancelled . I'll just leave it at that but could add more .

Lucky you are not in charge . One Camrea player messed up VS 6 current players, officials and past players from Lalor reported and suspended ..
Lalor now playing in MWMCA with all penalties cancelled . I'll just leave it at that but could add more .

So tell us old wise one if you were in charge, what would you do? What would you do the next time someone hits someone with a cricket bat?

So tell us old wise one if you were in charge, what would you do? What would you do the next time someone hits someone with a cricket bat?
Read the NMCA constitution before acting and make sure the clubs that contribute the money to the NMCA coffers don't get it blown away in legal fees because of mistakes. You make mistakes when you get emotionally involved or because you hate something or someone.
You can't think rationally and before you know it 30k goes down the tube and you become the major sponsor of the club your trying to boot out.

Give the bloke a hearing and suspend him if there’s no other way. I’ve watched that film. Bloke with the bat got belted and then hit the bloke that hit him going backwards. Didn’t see Camrea belting anyone. No one else from Camrea was reported. If the club had done something wrong penalise them. But then again you’re the NMCA’s white knight. Ride into battle for them sunshine. They’re supposed to represent all of us, not just blow $30k of our money down the toilet chasing Camrea. Tell them what to do muscles, you’ve got it sorted. You’re the sort of nuffie they love.

Well and truly sick of the crap the NMCA is pulling. Now they want the clubs to turn up on Thursday to do their dirty work to kick Camrea out. I hope every club turns up to that meeting and sends a message to the NMCA board that they’re a joke and to leave the clubs alone when they’ve done nothing wrong. That will end this, hopefully and then we can get on with the game we all love.

Well and truly sick of the crap the NMCA is pulling. Now they want the clubs to turn up on Thursday to do their dirty work to kick Camrea out. I hope every club turns up to that meeting and sends a message to the NMCA board that they’re a joke and to leave the clubs alone when they’ve done nothing wrong. That will end this, hopefully and then we can get on with the game we all love.
You can always speak to your club and let your club know that they should leave if you or them are not happy......... Just a thought

My club’s got nothing to worry about. I hate bullies. Clearly doesn’t bother you. Maybe you should do some more thinking. Just a thought.
Obviously they do have something to worry about as your pretty staunch with Injunction to let everyone know your thoughts and quick to point out a lot of things. The way i see it and IMO if Camrea don't go to the courts then the comp doesnt spend the money they have but thats just my opinion.

Obviously they do have something to worry about as your pretty staunch with Injunction to let everyone know your thoughts and quick to point out a lot of things. The way i see it and IMO if Camrea don't go to the courts then the comp doesnt spend the money they have but thats just my opinion.
Did you just get released from an asylum? You need to get back in there and up your meds to maximum. Camrea went to court once already and WON. Doesn’t that tell you that the NMCA stuffed up and wasted club money? Did you allow that for your club? I know my club didn’t. You keep backing the bully in. Shows your character. My club stands with Camrea and so do several others.

Did you just get released from an asylum? You need to get back in there and up your meds to maximum. Camrea went to court once already and WON. Doesn’t that tell you that the NMCA stuffed up and wasted club money? Did you allow that for your club? I know my club didn’t. You keep backing the bully in. Shows your character. My club stands with Camrea and so do several others.
i wont be voting so my club will have there say and its only my opinion so good luck to Camrea and well done on your club backing them.... lets see what happens Thursday night i'm sure everyone will be interested in the outcome

Pretty simple really ----send the offender to the tribunal for a fair hearing . Agree there is no place for violence in any sport particularly cricket but the Camrea player has not been given a tribunal hearing and was suspended on video evidence . Maybe 6 years is a fair whack but the previous offender in a bat hitting incident got 4 years and his club was not kicked out from the comp .

Pretty simple really ----send the offender to the tribunal for a fair hearing . Agree there is no place for violence in any sport particularly cricket but the Camrea player has not been given a tribunal hearing and was suspended on video evidence . Maybe 6 years is a fair whack but the previous offender in a bat hitting incident got 4 years and his club was not kicked out from the comp .
Bloke doesn’t seem to be playing this season Camrea anyway.

Must be some interesting conversations at Thursday night dinner at Camrea CC. "Hey I know what we should do! Let's tell everyone how hard we are done by on a internet cricket forum. Then everyone will forget how we've treated them over the last 7 years!"

I've seen the email my club received with the reasons why the comp has taken the position they have. I don't doubt for a second any of it is true based on what me and my team mates have put up with against them in recent years. Seems every club you speak to has the same experience.... where there is smoke there is fire and there is smoke billowing out of Camrea CC constantly!!!!

Must be some interesting conversations at Thursday night dinner at Camrea CC. "Hey I know what we should do! Let's tell everyone how hard we are done by on a internet cricket forum. Then everyone will forget how we've treated them over the last 7 years!"

I've seen the email my club received with the reasons why the comp has taken the position they have. I don't doubt for a second any of it is true based on what me and my team mates have put up with against them in recent years. Seems every club you speak to has the same experience.... where there is smoke there is fire and there is smoke billowing out of Camrea CC constantly!!!!
The only smoke I can see is the smoke coming out of your arse.
Why would you need to read an email from the competition to confirm your thoughts?
You can't think for yourself, you need someone to tell you what to think.
Make sure you clutch your teddy bear when you go to sleep tonight.

The only smoke I can see is the smoke coming out of your arse.
Why would you need to read an email from the competition to confirm your thoughts?
You can't think for yourself, you need someone to tell you what to think.
Make sure you clutch your teddy bear when you go to sleep tonight.
And there it is. Can't help yourself you blokes. Trying to belittle people on the cricket field and on internet forums. True colours shining through. I'll sleep tight thank you very much

And there it is. Can't help yourself you blokes. Trying to belittle people on the cricket field and on internet forums. True colours shining through. I'll sleep tight thank you very much
Your a bit of a lone wolf at your club and you stick out like dogs balls on an internet forum.
I know for a fact many at your club don't hold your view.

Historically most clubs in most competitions have digressed in one way or another. And there have been some pretty aggressive and difficult clubs that have played in the NMCA over the last century. However, I don't ever recall any club ever being suspended or expelled without a hearing, any charged being laid, or having a shred of evidence to support such an unprecedented decision, present or past. Based on that, it would appear that the board of the NMCA, or certain members of that board had already pre-determined the outcome for Camrea (and Lalor), and the events of the grand final was just what they needed to carry out there judgement. As a neutral observer, I have been trying to understand and make sense of how they reached their decision. But to this day, nothing I can see that happened on grand final day could have possibly led them to make the decision they did. Fact is that apart from the young man from Camrea who threw his bat at a Lalor player, and that seemed to be in self defense clearly from the vision that most of us had access to at the time, not one Camrea player or supporter was reported. On the other hand, the NMCA reported and suspended I think up to 7 players and associated supporters from Lalor. No matter how you look at it, something just doesn't make sense. I have played cricket against Camrea for many years and have always admired their success. I have been privelaged to play against some of the greatest players to ever play in the NMCA, Jesensek, Turnbull, McGann, Pougious. Yes they played tough and hard, but they always played fair. The facts are that Camrea, together with Rosebank at the time, where just superior to any other club. I know our club was jealous of them both for dominating the competition for over a decade. And many of our members would abused them and hated them. I think back and wonder why the sentiment at the time? Now I feel sorry for them and about the decision that the clubs handed down last Thursday. It's not just a club that the NMCA have suspended. Its families, past players, junior cricketers. I think Camrea had 3 senior sides, a woman's team, and a junior team. That's around 60 cricketers that just won't be playing cricket this season, or will need to find another club. Our club was certainly not one of the clubs who voted against them.
I just kept thinking about if that was my club how I would be feeling right now. I can only imagine what the whole Camrea people must be going through right now. I personally wish them well and hope they can bounce back from this. The NMCA has seen too many clubs go under or move across to other competitions in the past 10-15 years. This would just be another one to add to the list. I only wish that the NMCA could have found a better resolution, and perhaps we may not be talking about this today.

Back