Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: NMCA(formerly Jika) '08/'09

drysdale is the biggest cat in the competition

carnell wont do much in this competition - hack

This week in the Jika Shield:

Camrea Taipans v Holy Trinity

Camrea far too strong the newcomers, Jesensek, Bubis, Berak, Mcgann, Fellowes should be too good. O'Brien and Mouzakis will need to have a blinder for the trinners to be any chance. Camrea all the way.

Northcote United v Keon Park

Interesting match, United seem to have improved via the Sri Lankan connection and some youngsters coming along. Keon Park have a few still missing but should still win, Tabain, The Wick and Adam Howard too classy for the improving Mcniece and Sri Lankan brigade.
Keon Park to bounce back.

Preston Baseballers v Rosebank-North Brunswick

The erratic baseballers host Rosebank and would need everything to go their way to be a chance in this one. Perera, Lancaster and Sticca must have a day out to beat the likes of Samps, Plumpton, Larsen, Watts, Cristofoli and Harvey. Rosebank for me.

Preston Druids v Northern Socials

Socials ordinary start to the season sees this one as a must win. Druids youngsters held up well last match, Socials need Kearney and Vescio back and if they are they could cause an upset and beat a Druids lineup relying on youngsters and the out of form Mcfedries. Socials just.

duckman;276261 said:
I don't think sledging the kid would have made any difference to the result, but if he is 14 or 40 what's the big deal.

Your playing competetive cricket and well done to the young fella but ask yourself this..

If your a fast bowler are you supposed to change your pace or even bowl under arm just because he's 14???

The only the way this and all other kids learn is to play hard BUT fair and not to be treated differently just because your young!!

For the record i think the NMCA should implement a policy whereby no players under the age of 16 should be allowed to play in there clubs 1's. I think it's only a matter of time where a youngster will be badly injured.

That is the most redicoulous thing I have ever ever seen on this site !

Surely a club with no juniors you are speaking from !

Who would get hurt if the kid is good enough he should be in !

I know tommorrow we have at least 1 15 year old ( or maybe 16 ) im not sure !

Clubs who are rebuilding needs kids , I cant disapprove of that outragous statement enough !

BiPolar-Bear;276363 said:
Cobras looking the goods this year

B.Parks=
Tolit Medal

Cobras=
Flag

Lalor=
Runner up

Cobras=
A Grade

BiPolar you have to be from Cobras to tip me for the medal and us for the flag, I agree with four more Lalor (choke) will find a way to lose the GF, I just think it will be to Rivergum at the moment. Matt Perri is almost at Phar Lap (one big red for another) odds to be the Medal winner this year the only thing keeping it interesting is the games he will miss.

bigman2007;276877 said:
[/B]

That is the most redicoulous thing I have ever ever seen on this site !

Surely a club with no juniors you are speaking from !

Who would get hurt if the kid is good enough he should be in !

I know tommorrow we have at least 1 15 year old ( or maybe 16 ) im not sure !

Clubs who are rebuilding needs kids , I cant disapprove of that outragous statement enough !

If you tell anyone I agree with you I will have to KILL you, pretty sure Dean Jones and I'm sure there is more like him played 1stXI District cricket at the age of 14. It's pretty simple:
If he bats top 7 then he has to learn to cop any legitimate sledging that comes his way from the minute he walks out holding his mum's hand. (By the way can you get my wallet from your mum's BIGMAN I left it there last night)
If he is in as bowler and bats low order then show a bit respect bowl at the stumps for atleast 2 overs then if he has the nerve to stick around knock his head off. All junior comps start with U for UNDER.

burrito;276370 said:
drysdale is the biggest cat in the competition

carnell wont do much in this competition - hack

Is that because he is 6ft 4 or when he is going he purs like a Kitten? (I still think you are a sexy fireman Dryza)
Everybody has their turn be careful his might come against you next time.

Dan Carnell or is Dave? only joking is a little scratchy at first (who isn't) but times them pretty well once in.

Bazza;277034 said:
POKER LEADER BOARD

PARKSY - 1 BIGMAN - 0 I am the KING OF COBRAS!!!!!

you still have red hair:p but anyone who beats big man at something, well i support them. m.flinn still has a very large noggin too

Bartos;275604 said:
I was pretty shocked to hear about David Plumpton sledging a young 14 year old kid for the Druids on the weekend. What are peoples thoughts? It's only second hand info so I could be wrong.

What else would you expect from a brave man who ran and left a bloke for dead on the side of the road

Wizard;277081 said:
What else would you expect from a brave man who ran and left a bloke for dead on the side of the road

About as brave as someone who hides behind a computer and has a crack without telling everyone who he is????

Really no need to drag this forum back to below grass.

Good to see there are still a few pea hearts that love getting on here with personal attacks. Keep up the good work clowns.

I'm not partial to YCW myself but those of you bagging them for mouthing off and not playing young blokes should take a look at their team so far this year. Totally different line up with the inclusion of Singh, Narwal and Carnall as well as L Stelfox back from the lunatic asylum.(I presume that's where he has been) They are trying a 15yo kid as keeper, Fitzsimmons has retired and Cleary played in the seconds last game for crying out loud. With those two out their average age must have halved. (Cawthan excepted). They have changed things around heaps this year.
Drysdale is a good bloke. He says a lot and cops a lot back but I have never seen him, nor heard of him, have an altercation with one single person. Nothing personal ever comes out of his mouth, just a lot of very loud rubbish.
Lastly, and I don't know the guy, but I fail to see how anyone on this forum can bag Carnall. He may be a pom but I bet none of you even know him or have seen much of him. His stats as a batsman look ok.

ive noticed a lot of the talk is about best batsmen and bowlers..
what about best keepers? fielders or all rounders?

Its Hard Everyteam Has At Lease One or Two Good Bowlers

Keepers

Prashar - donath
Bliss - cobras
Unkles - Rivergum

Bowlers

donath -Byrne, Crowther
cobras -Dunmore , Wegener , sometime Mickelson wen his on
cameron -De Felice
Lalor -Christie , Smith , Grey
Olympic - Mcdonald , Toole