North A and B 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: North A and B 10/11

StAndrewsman;400135 said:
I have a question to everyone out there.

How much money (average or approximation) is spent on players per season in north A (talking match payments, incentives and coaching)? what about north B?

just curious to find out what clubs fork out and if it is worth it.

Mate...i've got no real problem with you asking the question, but expecting an honest answer on this very public forum will never happen from people in the know...Big Coq is right about one thing the best you'll get here is pure guesswork!!

johndoe;399728 said:
mate, clubs pretty silly to be playing a bloke in advanced dont you recon ????

I don't agree with it but if that's what it takes then what can you do? We have the $$$ so why not? I wouldn't want to be a bloke who took money as a sign on from a club then took off! You'd be looking over your shoulder all the time, the sporting community is close knit and it wouldn't be worth it.

Over_Throw_for_4;400287 said:
well put mate. concentrating on other clubs just puts you behind the 8 ball come first game. If you think knowing how much others are paying is going to get you anywhere, think again. keep an eye on your own blokes, spend wat you can to better there game and dont worry about other players and there clubs.

That's a load of crap if you think you can alway's find the answer within your own club . If your a bottom 2 team you aint going to miraculously be a gun side overnight, sometimes you have to look elsewhere to better your side and there's nothing wrong with doing that. In B1 Aber Park and Jacana both had big inclusion's to get them to the Granny ! Albers best player in B1 won the Grand final off his own bat, while Jacana picked up Groves an the two Sri lankans over the last 2 seasons. In A1 Moonee valley did it with a similar side from 08/09 but picked up Pridham and roach for a short stint , Werribee still having Edrich but adding as good an maybe even better player in Clutton ! The evidence speaks for itself ! Nothing wrong with poaching a few players to see St Andrews climb up the ladder and i hope they do ! A few of there blokes were good enough to buy a ticket to our reverse raffle and sink fizz on the night.

cutoverslips46;399781 said:
I don't agree with it but if that's what it takes then what can you do? We have the $$$ so why not? I wouldn't want to be a bloke who took money as a sign on from a club then took off! You'd be looking over your shoulder all the time, the sporting community is close knit and it wouldn't be worth it.

Totally agree, I am sure many clubs do it and have been doing it for many years now, where will pre season be held in 3 weeks? will WE! be notified at presentation night? or will leters be sent out by the club?

Its crunch time;400342 said:
That's a load of crap if you think you can alway's find the answer within your own club . If your a bottom 2 team you aint going to miraculously be a gun side overnight, sometimes you have to look elsewhere to better your side and there's nothing wrong with doing that. In B1 Aber Park and Jacana both had big inclusion's to get them to the Granny ! Albers best player in B1 won the Grand final off his own bat, while Jacana picked up Groves an the two Sri lankans over the last 2 seasons. In A1 Moonee valley did it with a similar side from 08/09 but picked up Pridham and roach for a short stint , Werribee still having Edrich but adding as good an maybe even better player in Clutton ! The evidence speaks for itself ! Nothing wrong with poaching a few players to see St Andrews climb up the ladder and i hope they do ! A few of there blokes were good enough to buy a ticket to our reverse raffle and sink fizz on the night.

Try reading what i said again, to me your reply has no relevance to what i have said. how about i dumb it up a bit for you. Your mate Standrewsman is going on about how much are clubs spending, and how much is this player getting as compared to the next player. all im saying is for him to worry about what there going to spend on players they find and to worry about his own club rather going around and worrying about what joeblow is going to get next season from other clubs. you said "sometimes you have to look elsewhere to better your side and there's nothing wrong with doing that," please explain to me, how knowing what st albans or other clubs are spending on there players is going to help him?

Over_Throw_for_4;399783 said:
Totally agree, I am sure many clubs do it and have been doing it for many years now, where will pre season be held in 3 weeks? will WE! be notified at presentation night? or will leters be sent out by the club?

Letters will be sent out tomorrow

How much money (average or approximation) is spent on players per season in north A (talking match payments, incentives and coaching)? what about north B?

Dude tell Mick O'toole if he comes over to the Roosters he will get $ 4 a run plus bonuses (slab) hows that for an idea:D

BigCoq;400431 said:
LOL might have to tap into my Super!

lol, yeah would prolly have to do that. Will be a much fitter Tooley this season so put in 500+ runs. Also gotta watch out for that 'web of deception' bowling. I am sure you would pay $20 a wicket yeah? lol. And with the support cast consisting of Pipczak, Krygger, Heggarty, Hodgart, Rhodes in the batting department (I'm sure I forgot some1 lol) there will be many more runs scored at the sainters next season.

sounds like cutoverslips46 is trying to make up some silly season rumours of his own... any confirmed player movements? phil crea to grand united

StAndrewsman;400458 said:
lol, yeah would prolly have to do that. Will be a much fitter Tooley this season so put in 500+ runs. Also gotta watch out for that 'web of deception' bowling. I am sure you would pay $20 a wicket yeah? lol. And with the support cast consisting of Pipczak, Krygger, Heggarty, Hodgart, Rhodes in the batting department (I'm sure I forgot some1 lol) there will be many more runs scored at the sainters next season.

Then y are you so worried about what other clubs are spending on there players, people are defending you saying that knowing what others are spending is going to help your club, by the sounds of it you would probably have most teams covered with that line up??

Pushpakumara;400057 said:
sounds like cutoverslips46 is trying to make up some silly season rumours of his own... any confirmed player movements? phil crea to grand united

i hear kingy bapts have picked up brett wilkinson plus another...not to sure of his name...

Over_Throw_for_4;400495 said:
Then y are you so worried about what other clubs are spending on there players, people are defending you saying that knowing what others are spending is going to help your club, by the sounds of it you would probably have most teams covered with that line up??

he names himself as a member of the supporting cast...purely a fishing trip...trying to find out what he's up against in the coming season. I have no problem with that, any cricketer worth thier salt does some research on it's opposition.:D

Over_Throw_for_4;400495 said:

I have never been at a club before that offers money to players, incentives or other, so I wanted to know what other teams are paying for people as pretty much most teams in VTCA pay players. Also wanted to find out so if a guy comes to the club and asks for money, I can help out with comparing to other people on skill level and money paid. also helps the club if they wanna go out and look to pay for a player or 2. Any info is good info to help the club if it moves in that direction.

I am also just curious to what clubs spend.

Hopefully this line up will cover most teams this season but unfortunately it didnt last season

Does that explain it enough?

cutoverslips46;399705 said:
Any News on comings/goings yet in North A?
There's talk of Magafas going to St Albans, can anyone confirm + has Maccamond left St Alabans? Just on this club surely the Captain from last year(Tush I think his name is?) has been given the flick. Considering the Talent at his disposal there was no way they should've lost the games they did which resulted in them not finishing 1 or 2 and a free ticket to the GF. Clear case of poor leadership...
Footscray United - Is everyone hanging around? Surely Seddon will improve from last year.

another big recruit i hear for st albans. robert lamberti. i see he is playing football down at st albans too. will be a fair pick up he should punch out 500 runs for st albans

roosters hack;400498 said:
he names himself as a member of the supporting cast...purely a fishing trip...trying to find out what he's up against in the coming season. I have no problem with that, any cricketer worth thier salt does some research on it's opposition.:D

yeah, I think everyone knows who I am by now. I think I deserve to be a supporting cast member don't you?

StAndrewsman;400500 said:
yeah, I think everyone knows who I am by now. I think I deserve to be a supporting cast member don't you?

Yep...not sure on how many runs you got last season, but no worrries there. I reckon we could find a spot for you in our eleven.... :D

Ur obsessed with money why is that?!!!!!
Ur always keen to find out what others are doing why is that?!!!!!
R u happy at your club?

StAndrewsman;400458 said:

hahaha o'tool pipczac rhodes.......hahaha all are elma fuds.....:cool:

cutoverslips46;399784 said:
Letters will be sent out tomorrow

If it helps anyway with the rumours, no letter has been sent out as yet, I always get sent the letters and am always up to date with the latest news at St Albans, nothing yet?

weapons05/06;400525 said:

I don't know if you hav seen these guys before, but comparing to your team, tooley would be your best player, pip will take a middle order spot and will be given a few overs, and rhodesy will keep for you guys. Yes it is a bit bias, but from the conversations I have had with people that played you guys this year, it is pretty close to the truth.

I am sure there are a few others that would fit into your 1s from our team too. Will be interesting when you guys actually play against other teams 1s next season to see where you finish up.

BigCoq;400159 said:
Ur obsessed with money why is that?!!!!!
Ur always keen to find out what others are doing why is that?!!!!!
R u happy at your club?

I just love my money, is there a problem with that? I like to find out to see if paying players down here is worth it. Also wanna know what the jump is in prices between A and B. Finding out what others are doing helps with working out what we want to do as a club, talking to people, finding players. You wouldnt wanna waste time chasing up on people if they already are committed somewhere else. any info is better than no info. And being happy at the club, how can I not be, great club to be at, you should come down and see for yourself lol.

StAndrewsman;400499 said:
I have never been at a club before that offers money to players, incentives or other, so I wanted to know what other teams are paying for people as pretty much most teams in VTCA pay players. Also wanted to find out so if a guy comes to the club and asks for money, I can help out with comparing to other people on skill level and money paid. also helps the club if they wanna go out and look to pay for a player or 2. Any info is good info to help the club if it moves in that direction.

I am also just curious to what clubs spend.

Hopefully this line up will cover most teams this season but unfortunately it didnt last season

Does that explain it enough?

Hit the nail mate, dont know who you are as i have never played or heard of anybody from st andrews, without a doubt i have respect for all cricketers apart from the very few?... if this helps, a descent player could be payed between 8-10k and those outstanding players even more , it all depends on the deal and the contract and wether you set your players certain goals per game, a while back i knew of a player getting a descent amount of cash but was set an average of wickets and runs a game or year not to sure, What club it was and wether clubs still do so is another thing. hope this hels you mate.

Bagsofwickets;400118 said:
another big recruit i hear for st albans. robert lamberti. i see he is playing football down at st albans too. will be a fair pick up he should punch out 500 runs for st albans

Good rumour. I personally think that there would be no chance of Lamberti leaving Doutta Stars CC to play anywhere. He is involved within the club and I reckon it would take a falling out for him to leave.

I could be wrong though.

weapons05/06;400525 said:

Weapons i thought u were knowledgable when it came to cricket u have nevewr played with or against the afore mentioned players im sure. no need to be arrogant i dont think ur in that kind of position.

O'toole is a gun!!!! May have represented Australia as a junior from what i've been told. His body is his only obstacle.
Pipczac is more than handy and above all he has good ticker.

StAndrewsman;400169 said:
I just love my money, is there a problem with that? I like to find out to see if paying players down here is worth it. Also wanna know what the jump is in prices between A and B. Finding out what others are doing helps with working out what we want to do as a club, talking to people, finding players. You wouldnt wanna waste time chasing up on people if they already are committed somewhere else. any info is better than no info. And being happy at the club, how can I not be, great club to be at, you should come down and see for yourself lol.

B1 id say around 8 to 10k altough some clubs alot less, A1 your probably looking 20k and upwards !!!! i know Macca was on 18k an that's fact then add Jones , Dunn etc. to that your probably looking around 40k. So you would be disappointed to not even make a grand final

BigCoq;400552 said:
Weapons i thought u were knowledgable when it came to cricket u have nevewr played with or against the afore mentioned players im sure. no need to be arrogant i dont think ur in that kind of position.

O'toole is a gun!!!! May have represented Australia as a junior from what i've been told. His body is his only obstacle.
Pipczac is more than handy and above all he has good ticker.

for your info played with rodsey and against pipczac and tooley through out my jnr years...... i was pipczac's captian in rep teams from u/12's to u/16's

a gun hahahaha he couldnt even represent our rep teams......maybe 14's 1 year......the comp batting trophies i have in the trophy cabinet must say i was no good........:eek:

rodsey best out of the 3.......imo well when we were jnr's.......all quality blokes just stirring the pot.......

StAndrewsman;400169 said:

I think it varies from club to club. The clubs who have players born and bred would naturally be paid less. In North A, I'd imagine a few clubs pay in excess of 10k and some less.

Over_Throw_for_4;400550 said:
Hit the nail mate, dont know who you are as i have never played or heard of anybody from st andrews, without a doubt i have respect for all cricketers apart from the very few?... if this helps, a descent player could be payed between 8-10k and those outstanding players even more , it all depends on the deal and the contract and wether you set your players certain goals per game, a while back i knew of a player getting a descent amount of cash but was set an average of wickets and runs a game or year not to sure, What club it was and wether clubs still do so is another thing. hope this hels you mate.

8-10 k for a descent player good lord. Mate u must be from St Albans...
1 player worth 8-10k not many would be able to afford that surely not.
Senior division perhaps...

Its crunch time;400193 said:
B1 id say around 8 to 10k altough some clubs alot less, A1 your probably looking 20k and upwards !!!! i know Macca was on 18k an that's fact then add Jones , Dunn etc. to that your probably looking around 40k. So you would be disappointed to not even make a grand final

Disappointed yes, cheated out of any chance to try and make the grand final even more, and as for money if you got it why not spend it. you also have to look at the bright side of spending money, it doesnt only help reinforce our 1s team it helps out with our future ones team. Both Jonesy and Macca at best helped our younger players with both bat and ball and i garruntee that there presence and coaching helped out alot at our club, so if you see it as trying to buy a premiership then good on ya, because i see it as building a club and the younger players by bringing in more experienced cricketers.

BigCoq;400643 said:

so ur not getting those sort of cash there BigCoq??? lol hopefully those sorts of players make 400 runs and take 30 wickets for the club

Over_Throw_for_4;400213 said:
Disappointed yes, cheated out of any chance to try and make the grand final even more, and as for money if you got it why not spend it. you also have to look at the bright side of spending money, it doesnt only help reinforce our 1s team it helps out with our future ones team. Both Jonesy and Macca at best helped our younger players with both bat and ball and i garruntee that there presence and coaching helped out alot at our club, so if you see it as trying to buy a premiership then good on ya, because i see it as building a club and the younger players by bringing in more experienced cricketers.

You've made some fantastic points there OTF4. Jonesy is a regional junior coach or was, and Macca would have just much knowledge on the game.

BigCoq;400643 said:

If you see from my previous post any person with half a brain would know that i am from St Albans, theres no use for stupid ignorant comments like "YOU MUST BE FROM ST ALBANS." and as for money i know for damn sure that our club works bloody hard to get it, and what is it your business to criticise how we spend it. This is the same topic you criticised Standrewsman about, but seing as we are talking about it, how much has your club spent at most on one player in the history of your club?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back