North A And B

Re: North A and B 2010/11

Snagglepuss;404781 said:
Now come on Guru, don't u mean "you" are looking forward to the challenge? I wish all of us could re-invent ourselves with the ball.
It's good to see Merlo coming in. Should make for an interesting Nth B. Almost unrecognisable with the new clubs - St.Andrews, Roosters along with Kingy Baps back and now Lavy and Merlo. Add to that Craigieburn and Avondale back down, all makes for an exciting season where no one is sure who will be amongst it.

Snaggle, I think by what i posted it would hard to imagine I wasn't from Merlo. It has always been nice to speak with you on all things cricket!! Since I have been at merlo the message has always been win more than you lose and you will find yourselves there abouts. That won't change, looking forward to the challenge and it will be nice to see some old faces

Guru14;404798 said:
Snaggle, I think by what i posted it would hard to imagine I wasn't from Merlo. It has always been nice to speak with you on all things cricket!! Since I have been at merlo the message has always been win more than you lose and you will find yourselves there abouts. That won't change, looking forward to the challenge and it will be nice to see some old faces

Welcome aboard Guru im sure you will find the comp very good all clubs are very hospitable.

Most clubs last year were pretty much evenly matched i thought.

I hope you stay in the VTCA is a success as long as its not at our expence.
Best of luck for the season ahead.

Howla;404807 said:
To Guru - mate can you share with us how the transfer of comps came about??

Howla, I play for the club, I'm not on the committee. If the club had asked me my thoughts I would have given them... Obviously you're angling for me to say what???? Committee's make decision to move comps not players. Would Taylors lakes or Laverton approached the VTCA or would it have been the VTCA chasing. I doubt it was the later..... Merlo is looking forward to starting preseason in about a week and prepare for the season in the same way as they always do, regardless of where they are playing or how they got there. Hope that answers your question.

Guru14;404813 said:
Howla, I play for the club, I'm not on the committee. If the club had asked me my thoughts I would have given them... Obviously you're angling for me to say what???? Committee's make decision to move comps not players. Would Taylors lakes or Laverton approached the VTCA or would it have been the VTCA chasing. I doubt it was the later..... Merlo is looking forward to starting preseason in about a week and prepare for the season in the same way as they always do, regardless of where they are playing or how they got there. Hope that answers your question.

What I do not understand guru is that I'm pretty sure you are the coach of this club - re-appointed. So to say you have no idea how you joined the Vt is a joke. I think I am asking for you to explain how it happened so everyone who reads this site knows. I don't care mate how it happened. Having played in the Vt previously I agree it doesn't normally come after clubs, but I also know in the past they only let really strong clubs enter NTH B. I am not saying your club is not strong so don't get all narky.

Howla;404828 said:
What I do not understand guru is that I'm pretty sure you are the coach of this club - re-appointed. So to say you have no idea how you joined the Vt is a joke. I think I am asking for you to explain how it happened so everyone who reads this site knows. I don't care mate how it happened. Having played in the Vt previously I agree it doesn't normally come after clubs, but I also know in the past they only let really strong clubs enter NTH B. I am not saying your club is not strong so don't get all narky.

Howla, yes I am the coach. was I asked about the move to the VTCA, yes. Was I involved in the process, no. Was I asked about the pros and cons, no. having played in the VTCA, I have always liked the basics of the VTCA, promotion, playing full days of cricket, playing against well established clubs etc etc. Was I directly involved in pushing to go to the VTCA, no. Did I suggest the VTCA would be a good move for the future, yes. Hope this answers your questions. Just for your benefit, Merlo is a strong club with a great mix of old and young cricketers who are looking forward to a new challenge.

I would suggest if you asked any coach on this site whether they know what happens in committee meetings most if not all would say nope, no idea, but would be advised of any change that directly effected their job which is what has happened in this instance.

Guru14;404851 said:
Howla, yes I am the coach. was I asked about the move to the VTCA, yes. Was I involved in the process, no. Was I asked about the pros and cons, no. having played in the VTCA, I have always liked the basics of the VTCA, promotion, playing full days of cricket, playing against well established clubs etc etc. Was I directly involved in pushing to go to the VTCA, no. Did I suggest the VTCA would be a good move for the future, yes. Hope this answers your questions. Just for your benefit, Merlo is a strong club with a great mix of old and young cricketers who are looking forward to a new challenge.

I would suggest if you asked any coach on this site whether they know what happens in committee meetings most if not all would say nope, no idea, but would be advised of any change that directly effected their job which is what has happened in this instance.

I hope that they cough up more cash for the step up Guru......

DizzyGillepsie;404088 said:
the rumour mill is churning out that a former pakistani first class cricketer Fawad Ahmed has been appointed assistant coach at hoppers?

can anyone confirm of deny this?

I understand hoppers have picked up farwad ahmed but not as an assistant coach, I believe they may have also picked up a couple of bats as well.
Also hearing out of hoppers than mccallam is once again fully fit and bowling real quick - he is real quality with both ball and bat.

Eliminator;404883 said:
I understand hoppers have picked up farwad ahmed but not as an assistant coach, I believe they may have also picked up a couple of bats as well.
Also hearing out of hoppers than mccallam is once again fully fit and bowling real quick - he is real quality with both ball and bat.

So another losing semi for them?

Howla;404828 said:

Ok Howla, I take it your from the MMVCA and thier is plenty of sour grapes from your posts. Mate, get over it, Merlo has moved on and for the reasons why, well thats none of your business. Most of the guys on this site couldn't care less why we have joined. The club thinks this is the best step forward, for now and the future and thats really all that matters.
Personally, as a senior player who has been playing in the MMVCA sinced it started, I'm looking forward to the new challenge, as are a lot of other players at the club.

bomber27;404917 said:
Ok Howla, I take it your from the MMVCA and thier is plenty of sour grapes from your posts. Mate, get over it, Merlo has moved on and for the reasons why, well thats none of your business. Most of the guys on this site couldn't care less why we have joined. The club thinks this is the best step forward, for now and the future and thats really all that matters.
Personally, as a senior player who has been playing in the MMVCA sinced it started, I'm looking forward to the new challenge, as are a lot of other players at the club.

Fair dinkum you & your coach stick together hey..All I simply asked in all of my so called sour grapes posts was how it came about. If both of you don't wish to share fine. I can find out other ways. It a question based on interest, not on sourness. Maybe both you know how much you will be up against it given you lost last year??? But all the best in the VT boys..

Fixtures are out, what does everyone think of them? I'm also hoping we don't have some hot days come the first game after Christmas, I thought they were the designated one dayers due to usual high tempratures in mid January.

In North A, I think the draw is fairly even as the doubling up fixtures arn't too lopsided towards any of the contenders. Should be a good season!

Howla;404942 said:
Fair dinkum you & your coach stick together hey..All I simply asked in all of my so called sour grapes posts was how it came about. If both of you don't wish to share fine. I can find out other ways. It a question based on interest, not on sourness. Maybe both you know how much you will be up against it given you lost last year??? But all the best in the VT boys..

Howla, I believe I answered your question, but probably that just missed your attention. It would seem the problem is that the club has wanted to move comps and leave the MMVCA, correct. Well sorry mate to disappoint you. The result from the grand final is irrelevant when it comes to making best decision for club and it's future, simple as that. Get over it move on and enjoy your season where ever it is you play, I know we will be.........

beached as;405037 said:
Fixtures are out, what does everyone think of them? I'm also hoping we don't have some hot days come the first game after Christmas, I thought they were the designated one dayers due to usual high tempratures in mid January.

In North A, I think the draw is fairly even as the doubling up fixtures arn't too lopsided towards any of the contenders. Should be a good season!

I believe the onedayers have been moved so that teams can not contribe results in the last round

Pump;405049 said:
I believe the onedayers have been moved so that teams can not contribe results in the last round

What would stop sides declaring after 20 overs, nothing in the rules.

Guru14;404813 said:

Without giving away sources, I can guarantee the VTCA does approach clubs. I don't know the stories with Taylors Lakes Laverton or Merlo but I do know they have approached other clubs about looking to make a move in the next couple of years.

slow medium;405051 said:
What would stop sides declaring after 20 overs, nothing in the rules.

nothing really except its harder to get big points ie outright win but I dont think its a good idea because its not great preparing for finals with a hit and bash in last 2 weeks.

Good to see most games are two dayers i think thats the best outcome for most serious cricket lovers.
Last year 8 teams half One Dayers half two dayers.
10 team comp now excellent for B turf.
My Two Bobs worth would be start the First game as a One Dayer due to most games being rained out thats even for all teams and the last game to be a One Dayer so as not to contrive a result and if an outright is contrived it should be investigated at the very least.
Just an Opinion!!!!

BigCoq;405069 said:
Good to see most games are two dayers i think thats the best outcome for most serious cricket lovers.
Last year 8 teams half One Dayers half two dayers.
10 team comp now excellent for B turf.
My Two Bobs worth would be start the First game as a One Dayer due to most games being rained out thats even for all teams and the last game to be a One Dayer so as not to contrive a result and if an outright is contrived it should be investigated at the very least.
Just an Opinion!!!!

The problem with having a one day game at the start of the season is, you still need to schedule one prior to xmas, or finish a week early

Lets be honest here ...the problem with this draw is it can be uneven to some clubs, some clubs are sure to miss the finals because they play the weaker clubs in a one dayer and miss the opportunity to gain an outright. It's sure to lead to alot of sooking right here on this blog. Anyways it is what it is and i am just glad that the season is upon us. Go Roosters .....Bali, Late March 2011.

Back