North A And B

I think that we would have had a hope of winning on Saturday. It looks like it will rain out, but on a quick outfield with plenty of wickets in hand, I think we had a good hope of winning. From what I was told about the bowling, it wasn't as good as other people's reports. I would say, I'd love to play a game against you Hussler, but I know that it isn't possible, I'm on my way up, and going on your results this season in the 2s your in the downward spiral.

You, on the way up hahaha,dont see you setting the world on fire:oops:..............you cant go any lower than Nth B champ...........:p

You had your chance to play against me, but you were hiding in ANA 2s ya scaredycat............:oops:

You, on the way up hahaha,dont see you setting the world on fire:oops:..............you cant go any lower than Nth B champ...........:p

You had your chance to play against me, but you were hiding in ANA 2s ya scaredycat............:oops:

Having fun with my cricket now. Yeah not setting the world on fire but holding my own. Making a few runs here and there.

Back then I wasn't enjoying myself, was really only helping out the 2nds captain. Didn't like the culture of the 1s, not because I was scared. Playing at the sainters has made me grow up as a cricketer a lot, now I am better than ever.

So is it this year you will retire? Or are you gonna go back into the 4ths and get easy runs?

Nah mate, Not a bit we might be losing but we lost a few players at the time. But the sainters culture is 2nd to none that many clubs try to replicate and fail. Everyone knows who we are but who are you again??:confused:

OUCH.............
tongue.png

how did we all go on the weekend? Our game was pretty boring, watching 178 runs scored on the day for 10 wickets. First time ever had to hit the ground for a swarm of bees flying chest height across the ground. Had a look at the ladder and it is great to see that all sides could make finals (although looking at hadfields score this week, they prolly won't. This will make for some good games ahead.

well with 3 games to go there seems to be at least 1 guaranteed team in the 4 in Nth A - Foots United

no surprise with Tullamarine 2nd especially with Zarodni back and bowling heaps of overs

the biggest surprise however is who is 3rd and 4th with Jacana and Aberfeldie (not Park) sitting in the 4

FU only losing 36 wickets to this stage of the year a good indicator as to how good they're going, Aberfeldie are an interesting one having made the most runs in the comp so far but taking the least amount of wickets

with only one 2 day game to go with a couple of 1 dayer's to finish it off nearly all bar the bottom team could still make it

Good win for Tulla against St Albans - ? on Elstone's avaiablity for finals, will be a big loss if he aint there.
St Albans will bounce back next round with Aberpark. last time AberPark struggled to make 50, unless Albers fires with the
Bat (has struggled this season) they are in trouble again - confidence boosting outright for St Albans.

Taylors lakes gave it a good shake but just fell short. Jonesy 130+ i bet 110 of 'em on legside.small ground but
still have to get 'em. so congrats to him, has been valuable for Lakes since joining them.

Much needed win for albion - will they avoid the drop again by their finger nails?

Aberfldie big win against Aberpark. Puts Abers in top 4 and throws park down in the relegation battle against
EKeilor, Seddon,Albion. Abers a good chance to consolidate top 4 possie with a win against Albion, Albion would
rate their lot for another win and step closer to avoding the drop, should be a good game.

Jacana Jayasundera 161* - not surprised he's their best bat get him out and they are in big trouble.
Jacana V Tulla match of the round with Tulla favs.

Ekeilor has to win against Lakes to have some chance of featuring in A1 next season.

Good win for Tulla against St Albans - ? on Elstone's avaiablity for finals, will be a big loss if he aint there.
St Albans will bounce back next round with Aberpark. last time AberPark struggled to make 50, unless Albers fires with the
Bat (has struggled this season) they are in trouble again - confidence boosting outright for St Albans.

Taylors lakes gave it a good shake but just fell short. Jonesy 130+ i bet 110 of 'em on legside.small ground but
still have to get 'em. so congrats to him, has been valuable for Lakes since joining them.

Much needed win for albion - will they avoid the drop again by their finger nails?

Aberfldie big win against Aberpark. Puts Abers in top 4 and throws park down in the relegation battle against
EKeilor, Seddon,Albion. Abers a good chance to consolidate top 4 possie with a win against Albion, Albion would
rate their lot for another win and step closer to avoding the drop, should be a good game.

Jacana Jayasundera 161* - not surprised he's their best bat get him out and they are in big trouble.
Jacana V Tulla match of the round with Tulla favs.

Ekeilor has to win against Lakes to have some chance of featuring in A1 next season.

St Albans are in big trouble again and it starts from the top. The Captain has batted 9 times and is averaging 8 runs.
That's the problem down there, they all expect someone else to do it for them and it starts at the top.
What they need is a good captain to lead by example, until they have that they are no threat......

St Albans are in big trouble again and it starts from the top. The Captain has batted 9 times and is averaging 8 runs.
That's the problem down there, they all expect someone else to do it for them and it starts at the top.
What they need is a good captain to lead by example, until they have that they are no threat......

Probably a fair criticism of Thrush. Albion 05/06 & 06/07 was the last team he captained before his current role and they
didn't do much under him.

With the resourses and talent available St Albans have under achieved last couple of years.

but they will play finals again and you're always chance once you end up in the 4.

Jacana play all other current top 4 teams in their last 3 games, can't see them winning more than 1 (vs Aberfeldie)

Aberfeldie play St Albans & Jacana in 1 dayers while as said by someone else play Albion in a 2 dayer this game which is their season definining game

St A SHOULD win all 3 of their games left and squeeze in quite easily

Top 4 for me would be FU/TULLA/ST ALBANS/ABERFELDIE

St Albans vs Aberfeldie in Round 10 decides who finishes 3rd with the loser maybe missing out altogether on finals

Probably a fair criticism of Thrush. Albion 05/06 & 06/07 was the last team he captained before his current role and they
didn't do much under him.

With the resourses and talent available St Albans have under achieved last couple of years.

but they will play finals again and you're always chance once you end up in the 4.

Pretty tough call, they did win a flag whilst he was coaching Albion. For memory he was coach and Brne was the matchday captain

Pretty tough call, they did win a flag whilst he was coaching Albion. For memory he was coach and Brne was the matchday captain

May be its a tough call and not fair on the bloke.
He may very well captain a flag winning side this year - wouldn't surprise me.

cutoverslips46 made the comment, probably a lot closer to St Albans the me.
Looking at my time playing against Thrush led sides i aggreed, from the outside looking in.

But it would be interesting to find out who had the most influence in that Albion flag.

Brne the captain or Thrush the coach. May be both were instrumental? Only Albion folks can tell us that.

Fact remains @ ST Albans he has not done the business when the club has resources to
burn & at albion the 2 years before they won the flag Thrush was captain not much success - inclusion of brne
in 07/08 and they win the comp losing only 1 game to Avo. & wait , next season when brne leaves (along with 1/2 others) they just just hang on to avoid the drop (bottom 3/4 were to be relegated as part of the comp re structure). I remember Brne taking 60 odd wickets (Dunno how) that year bowling his mediums was a major part of their revival. He gone albion down again.

I know brne is back again but seems not having the influence he once did.

Back