North A And B

Mate you are a terrible speller are you sure st andrews man can even understand what you wrote? It took me a good 5 minute stint to work out some of the lines written there

Me too. I still don't understand what the hell he was on about. Maybe he's a new immigrant from the Sudan.

fat man have to disagree with a few there,
silence, patel, mckay,bastow and greenidge out (not through ability better options and qualifications)

1. M Dodds (tough opponent top fielder and okay spinner)
2. W Hackney (top bat solid keeper) keeper
3. C Osborne (can do it all) captain
4. A Preece (tons of runs each year)
5. G Jones (record speaks for itself)
6. T Jeffrey (gun bat bowler and fielder)
7. J Bell (tough to play against when batting or bowling)
8. M Albers (top middle order bat and bowling speaks for itself) vice captain
9. D Mcllan (underrated and has taken quite a few wickets over the years)
10. G Dodds (quick when fit took lots of wickets early part of decade)
11. A Price (limited ability but solid over a long time)

it's hard to chose the bowlers as there was plenty of top quality bowlers but only played for 1 or 2 seasons. am willing to cop crap over bowling selections but here are some who don't qualify
greenidge, clutton, mccammond, silence, mettleman, patel and left armer for east keilor in there grand final year.
stiff to miss out
murden, both misiti's, manning, butterworth

last day of cricket for the year so good luck to all invovled. heard that preecey is retirering after today so wish him all the best today and hope he finishes off with a flag much deserved, great cricketer (better drinker) and top bloke who is well respected throughout the comp.
east keilor bowler was mcgain l think (refer previous post)

Roy, as "On the lookout" correctly pointed out, Preece played in a Premiership at Strathmore. He was later recruited to Footscray United for huge dollars (almost broke the bank) and played in an "A" Grade premiership with O'Reilly in 98/99 in the now defunct S.C.A.
I did say O'Reilly was entering the twilight of his career and Preece was well and truly in it. My own yard stick gained from many years of observations is that batsmen are at their best between 25 and 35 yrs. Their are exceptions of course. If they are still making runs beyond 35 that is a bonus. Take O'Keefe for example.

You mentioned O'Reilly had dropped off these past couple of seasons. He was lugging an extra person around in that body of his. He's since trimmed down and will be all the better for it. Watch this space.

Correction. Preece played in one premiership at Strathmore and two at Footscray United. The last one being today V Tullamarine. 20/03/11.Nth "A" Comp. V.T.C.A.

Well done to FUnited - deserving premiers. Didn’t get a chance to see the granny but heard the going ons….

Although i thought they were vulnerable (with the bat) and may have been knocked off in the
semi or certainly the granny. But both Jacana and Tulla were simply not good enough to capitalize
on their opportunities, with FUnited posting low scores in both games.

You can only knock off what’s put in front of ‘em and United certainly did that.

Good luck in NTH Division – certainly a step up (see MValley,Tulla,Wcentrals).

Should be good battle next year with Lavo and coming up in NTH A and possibly some new clubs
coming on loard the VTCA.

Well done to all clubs another season over.......

Yarraville just freaks!
Hoppers finally shake of the Bridesmaid tag well done.
FU well done may need a bit of work to be competitive next season.
Congrats to Laverton the best team all year. Great Win!
With your new recruit next year should give North A a real shake...

Yarraville just freaks!

Who is Lavo's new recruit BigCoq?

Yarraville just freaks!

Lock it in. Lavo Nth"A" Premiers next season. Odds $3.25.

Guru you and Pump mentioned pre-season Tulla had picked up Ryan Achilles from Nth Melb. Played 2's and 3's at Nth. He's averaged 6 all season. Tulla would be disappointed by that, Would'nt you say? Failed in the Granny on a plum deck, both innings.

Guru you and Pump mentioned pre-season Tulla had picked up Ryan Achilles from Nth Melb. Played 2's and 3's at Nth. He's averaged 6 all season. Tulla would be disappointed by that, Would'nt you say? Failed in the Granny on a plum deck, both innings.

Jeepers! Hope that was a performance based contract...

Dingo, I knew of Ryan from a guy who played with me from the UK. He played with Ryan in the UK and was very complimentary of his ability etc etc. Ryan had been at North for a few years under Hillas who is a very good judge of talent and or potential talent. I have watched his performances with interest and have been disappointed as he really hasn't troubled the scorers this year. At the start of the season I would have tried and secured his signature to play for us if I'd known he was moving away from premier cricket. I would still be keen for him to play at Merlo should he wish to leave Tulla. Tulla also had James Palmer from Essendon this year but I think only for a very short time before he moved to Qld. Another good young kid who grew up and played at Merlo.

Yarraville just freaks!

Rumour I have herd it is Heke from Roosters as he is mates with one or two down a Lavo.

Just a rumour though. Don’t know if any truth in it?

Rumour I have herd it is Heke from Roosters as he is mates with one or two down a Lavo.

Just a rumour though. Don’t know if any truth in it?

Ur rite just a rumour...but hay this form is full of them.
We all have an acquaintance or two at Lav & other clubs for that matter no biggy.
They have a high classed player joining them its not my place to say.
No Rooster is joining them very rare for a Rooster to jump ship...

Ur rite just a rumour...but hay this form is full of them.
We all have an acquaintance or two at Lav & other clubs for that matter no biggy.
They have a high classed player joining them its not my place to say.
No Rooster is joining them very rare for a Rooster to jump ship...

Big coq, have you heard anything about the structure or proposed restructure for next year. Will be very interesting to see what happens. The MMVCA is under a little pressure given a number of sides have looked at a potential move to the VTCA. I know of 2 sides who have all but made their decision to move and potentially another 3 or 4. If that was the case the MMVCA would be left with 6 sides in their A grade comp, which would effectively kill the MMVCA. Some good sides will enter the VTCA if that was the case.

Big coq, have you heard anything about the structure or proposed restructure for next year. Will be very interesting to see what happens. The MMVCA is under a little pressure given a number of sides have looked at a potential move to the VTCA. I know of 2 sides who have all but made their decision to move and potentially another 3 or 4. If that was the case the MMVCA would be left with 6 sides in their A grade comp, which would effectively kill the MMVCA. Some good sides will enter the VTCA if that was the case.

M8 only hearing whispers... What ive been told is half your teams want to come across & two teams from the willy comp.
Willy comp looks like its in good shape but not if there two best sides come across.
VTCA expressed intrest in taking over the Willy Comp last year but they said no.
If more western teams enter the equation and same goes for North West we might have entirerly different divisions.
I would prefer the way it is now as its good to get around and play sides from all over melbourne within reason.
A long way to go on whys and what ifs however.
Gd luck recruiting and making ur team better as we all should.

Dingo, I knew of Ryan from a guy who played with me from the UK. He played with Ryan in the UK and was very complimentary of his ability etc etc. Ryan had been at North for a few years under Hillas who is a very good judge of talent and or potential talent. I have watched his performances with interest and have been disappointed as he really hasn't troubled the scorers this year. At the start of the season I would have tried and secured his signature to play for us if I'd known he was moving away from premier cricket. I would still be keen for him to play at Merlo should he wish to leave Tulla. Tulla also had James Palmer from Essendon this year but I think only for a very short time before he moved to Qld. Another good young kid who grew up and played at Merlo.

He had a poor year, which happens. Add to that our wicket was shithouse, all the one dayers which impact on middle order bats, and the stop start season.

still a good cricketer who hopefully gets good scores next year on better wickets (ie altona, strathmore)

dingo - a plum deck you say ? i wandered out and watched most of the granny and on day 1 , aberfeldie produced a wet deck despite perfect weather from the tuesday and then the following saturday when tulla had to bat and a perfect week of weather again they produced another wet soft pitch , which made it extremely tough to bat on , tulla all out 111 foots 4 for 20 , , but must be extremely disapointing for the vtca , word was that sprinklers came on fri arvo and water sat on the covers ?? surely the curator or a member of abers would have seen this and done something about it! Pretty disapointing seeing balls popping off a length thru out the grand final , luckily both teams copped the same problem so didnt really influence the match . But last few yrs there has been a disturbing number of incidents during finals game and grand finals . congrats to yarraville amazing to think they have won 9 down two yrs in a row .

M8 only hearing whispers... What ive been told is half your teams want to come across & two teams from the willy comp.
Willy comp looks like its in good shape but not if there two best sides come across.
VTCA expressed intrest in taking over the Willy Comp last year but they said no.
If more western teams enter the equation and same goes for North West we might have entirerly different divisions.
I would prefer the way it is now as its good to get around and play sides from all over melbourne within reason.
A long way to go on whys and what ifs however.
Gd luck recruiting and making ur team better as we all should.
If the Williamstown comp's two best teams, West Newport & Newport-digman join the VTCA next season the other sides will have to follow. There would only be 6 sides left of anything like A grade standard so they would have no choice but to cross over. The success that Laverton have had will make them feel they can be competitive in the Western division that Adam Willcock said would be created for them to play in. There'll be a North west division created for the MMV sides to play in.

Back