North A & B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North A & B

BigCoq;352739 said:
Jika are we looking at Sunday games in B turf this season.

I dont know the setup, I have only heard TL 1sts may have a share wicket for this season. How and when their 2nds play is a mystery, but Sundays may be an option

jika jika;352763 said:
I dont know the setup, I have only heard TL 1sts may have a share wicket for this season. How and when their 2nds play is a mystery, but Sundays may be an option

Jika....A little little Birdie told me last week,TL 2's are sharing a ground in Sunshine somewhere & playing on sundays.

Sober Symonds;353902 said:
That's because of the standard you play at, Figjam. I don't care much for training in winter either, but if you did, perhaps you'd make 600! These blokes are perhaps only 250-run batsmen, and are striving to have 350+ years! It's all relative.

Still, we're all impressed with your ability. Bravo!

Only ever played 1st grade champ and 600 run years been they done that 980 for the year hows that sound, a few years ago now but. sober symonds i think you need a beer.and 10 n.o work it out. whats 3rds cricket anyway

hussler;352768 said:
Jika....A little little Birdie told me last week,TL 2's are sharing a ground in Sunshine somewhere & playing on sundays.

You sure you didn't misunderstand him while he was choking on a cuddle-fish banging his head on a little mirror?

202 n.o;353953 said:
Only ever played 1st grade champ and 600 run years been they done that 980 for the year hows that sound, a few years ago now but. sober symonds i think you need a beer.and 10 n.o work it out. whats 3rds cricket anyway

tell us your name superstar, i reckon your full of sh!t.
you should be playing higher than this if your that good, or couldnt you make it at a higher grade ????

202 n.o;353953 said:

Ahhhh at last........... Bakes is back!!!!! Talk us through it..........

202 n.o;353953 said:

I hardly need to be told to have another beer, thanks Figjam. Or should I say, "I knock over a slab a day - used to put away a bottle of scotch on top of that a few years back ..."? Maybe that's speaking more in a language you'll understand?

You only play 1st grade, that's very commendable. Along with that, I'm sure it's only at in a comp you know you'll be able to dominate. Big fish in small pond - we all know how it goes. If it helps to keep your feet on the ground, try to remember there's always someone better than you. But of course you already found that out in a higher level, didn't you?

Could be some changes to North A and B heard a new side has been entered into North B?

anyone else heard anything about this

7/564;355485 said:
Could be some changes to North A and B heard a new side has been entered into North B?

Kingsville are back!
just got the email from vtca.
10 in A. 8 in B. who goes where dont really care but do hope Craigeburn move up and save us the travel. maybe Abers as well sounds like there doing a lot of recruiting.

10notout;353627 said:
I know of 2 clubs were a couple of there players have hired nets and started net sessions.

if they need to start having a hit 3 months before the first game they must be very avg bats.i will start late september and still make 450+

BigCoq;355489 said:
Kingsville are back!
10 in A. 8 in B. who goes where dont really care but do hope Craigeburn move up and save us the travel. maybe Abers as well sounds like there doing a lot of recruiting.

If Aberfeldie are given a leg up the VTCA are a joke! How could you continue to give the most under performing side in the north divisions every opportunity to remain in a higher grade. I would think this would be the 3rd year straight I have heard they are back on track blah blah blah. Let them play in the division their results determine- that would be North B1!!

202 n.o;353669 said:
if they need to start having a hit 3 months before the first game they must be very avg bats.i will start late september and still make 450+

That's because of the standard you play at, Figjam. I don't care much for training in winter either, but if you did, perhaps you'd make 600! These blokes are perhaps only 250-run batsmen, and are striving to have 350+ years! It's all relative.

Guru14;355568 said:
If Aberfeldie are given a leg up the VTCA are a joke! How could you continue to give the most under performing side in the north divisions every opportunity to remain in a higher grade. I would think this would be the 3rd year straight I have heard they are back on track blah blah blah. Let them play in the division their results determine- that would be North B1!!

With Ingleton, Green going there they would be right in the mix in North A.

If Nyhus and a few others stood up I think they would be more than competitive in that grade.

202 n.o;353669 said:

Whats your name so I can look up your stats @ cricketarchives.com

Id assume you play in the 3rds or 4ths (no disrespect to any 3rds or 4ths players)

Guru14;355568 said:

Hey Guru, you seem to be in the know so to speak in regards Aber Park. Would they be asking to go up and have they signed Chunk again?

Whats peoples thoughts on what the VTCA will do regarding new teams in the comp? Will they contemplate putting a new side such as Taylor Lakes straight up to Nth A now given this latest request for submissions?

He who knows best;355574 said:
With Ingleton, Green going there they would be right in the mix in North A.

If Nyhus and a few others stood up I think they would be more than competitive in that grade.

Agree Abers will be competitve with the above inclusions.
But they are a very lucky club considering they keep getting relegated year after year to NTH B but keep getting a reprieve from VTCA..lucky Bast#$%s but good on 'em for recruiting strongly. If they play in NTH B they will be amongst the top 3 teams i would guess and if they undeservingly find themselves back in NTH A then i still believe they could finish anywhere from 4th to 10th.Will be harder to beat in NTH A than oh ,,,,,,can't remember when they were hard to beat.

So what's the rnd up on recuitment front. St Albans have done better than anyone in that sense, Foot united snared a very big fish in a small pond TJ from Avondale + they may again have an overseas Srilankan bloke from last year, so wait n see how they go, Abers have as we've spoken done well. But what's a go with others, Keilor Park,Tulla,Albion, Seddon, EK, Avondale etc. Avondale read a story about them in local paper, by the sounds of it they almost folded every one has left or retired when the money/good times dried up. Where is that club at, been up there the last 5 or so years. Last year folks on this thread tipped them to be relegated & they were in the Granny.
Feeling is not many will rate 'em again this year.

Sober Symonds;353902 said:

ROY G BIV;355602 said:
Agree Abers will be competitve with the above inclusions.
But they are a very lucky club considering they keep getting relegated year after year to NTH B but keep getting a reprieve from VTCA..lucky Bast#$%s but good on 'em for recruiting strongly. If they play in NTH B they will be amongst the top 3 teams i would guess and if they undeservingly find themselves back in NTH A then i still believe they could finish anywhere from 4th to 10th.Will be harder to beat in NTH A than oh ,,,,,,can't remember when they were hard to beat.

So what's the rnd up on recuitment front. St Albans have done better than anyone in that sense, Foot united snared a very big fish in a small pond TJ from Avondale + they may again have an overseas Srilankan bloke from last year, so wait n see how they go, Abers have as we've spoken done well. But what's a go with others, Keilor Park,Tulla,Albion, Seddon, EK, Avondale etc. Avondale read a story about them in local paper, by the sounds of it they almost folded every one has left or retired when the money/good times dried up. Where is that club at, been up there the last 5 or so years. Last year folks on this thread tipped them to be relegated & they were in the Granny.
Feeling is not many will rate 'em again this year.

Westmeadows have appointed Michael Butera as playing coach.

And I believe Windy is captain/coach at Tulla

Mankad;355688 said:

Westy must have some $$$, as Michael has provided a couple of clubs with a quote for his services:eek::eek::eek::eek:

202 n.o;353953 said:

tell us your name superstar, i reckon your full of sh!t.
you should be playing higher than this if your that good, or couldnt you make it at a higher grade ????

Snagglepuss;355583 said:
Hey Guru, you seem to be in the know so to speak in regards Aber Park. Would they be asking to go up and have they signed Chunk again?

Whats peoples thoughts on what the VTCA will do regarding new teams in the comp? Will they contemplate putting a new side such as Taylor Lakes straight up to Nth A now given this latest request for submissions?

Snaggle I believe his deal is 3 years, I don't think it would be the best move in relation to North A. IMO they really need to go up a grade on the back of success (premiership) rather than being bundled out in a semi and being given a free ride, a little like Alberfeldie. It's a joke that for one people are speaking about Aberfeldie staying A. Aberfeldie- turning the corner, they've turned a corner every year for the last 3, to me that would mean they are back where they started. Wouldn't it be better for Abers to finish in the top 2 or 3 in North B and move back through the ranks rather than take a chance they might be competitive this year. Surely the club needs to start from rock bottom as that's where they have been with their results for 3 years. Taylors in North A, give me a break! Let's see how they travel in North B first, potential I hear. Potentially if my aunty had a d*ck she'd be my uncle!

202 n.o;353953 said:

Ahhhh at last........... Bakes is back!!!!! Talk us through it..........

Mankad;355688 said:

Who is michael butera and has roach gone from tulla if so we to.i have heard windy coach and roach is capt at tulla

202 n.o;353953 said:

I hardly need to be told to have another beer, thanks Figjam. Or should I say, "I knock over a slab a day - used to put away a bottle of scotch on top of that a few years back ..."? Maybe that's speaking more in a language you'll understand?

You only play 1st grade, that's very commendable. Along with that, I'm sure it's only at in a comp you know you'll be able to dominate. Big fish in small pond - we all know how it goes. If it helps to keep your feet on the ground, try to remember there's always someone better than you. But of course you already found that out in a higher level, didn't you?

Guru14;355701 said:
Snaggle I believe his deal is 3 years, I don't think it would be the best move in relation to North A. IMO they really need to go up a grade on the back of success (premiership) rather than being bundled out in a semi and being given a free ride, a little like Alberfeldie. It's a joke that for one people are speaking about Aberfeldie staying A. Aberfeldie- turning the corner, they've turned a corner every year for the last 3, to me that would mean they are back where they started. Wouldn't it be better for Abers to finish in the top 2 or 3 in North B and move back through the ranks rather than take a chance they might be competitive this year. Surely the club needs to start from rock bottom as that's where they have been with their results for 3 years. Taylors in North A, give me a break! Let's see how they travel in North B first, potential I hear. Potentially if my aunty had a d*ck she'd be my uncle!
im with you guru14 aberfeldie are a joke tulla who are not that good beat them outright in a day and 20 mins last year.and as for taylors hard wicket is a long way away from playing on grass

202 n.o;355704 said:
Who is michael butera and has roach gone from tulla if so we to.i have heard windy coach and roach is capt at tulla

Butera has played many years of district 1st cricket as a keeper/batsman for Carlton and 1 year for Essendon. Played Vic 2nd X1 cricket as well. Is 32 I think. By all reports a good appointment.

My understanding is they have lost Roach (St Albans?) and Zorro (o.s.) Will stand corrected on Roach though.

7/564;355485 said:

Kingsville are back!

Guru14;355701 said:

I agree with what you say.

But it looks like 2 will come up from North B. Just not sure who

BigCoq;355489 said:
Kingsville are back!

Mankad;355688 said:

Knew about Windi @ Tulla and roach back to St albans BUT BUtera is a good get for Westy, especially if they have Walker back.THye did OK in NTH A last year somewhat inconsistent. NORTH will be a tough grade though the likes of Hoppers, Doutta, $trathmore, Sun untd, Druids should be up there Only Gr$$nval$ looks to have the names to be there from last years NTH A, so others as i see it have to find 1/2 players like Westy to compete. Keilor park although they won the flag i still think they have a weaknesses that can be exposed badly against quality cricketers. Strathmore still looking for C/C any word about that. Thye had a shocker last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back