Northern Metropolitan Cricket Association (Jika)

Re: Northern Metropolitan Cricket Association (Jika)

Snake;354634 said:
I am all for juniors trying out at district cricket level, that's what it is all about. I hope it is the continuation of an improving cricket career for Corey.

Altis is not good enough to play district. I know he is young, but lacks genuine speed and variation. Anyone at the age of 17 should be dominating at park level if they were any good. A half decent batsman in district two's would smash him, especially on that flat Northcote deck.

canplay1;354678 said:
Altis is not good enough to play district. I know he is young, but lacks genuine speed and variation. Anyone at the age of 17 should be dominating at park level if they were any good. A half decent batsman in district two's would smash him, especially on that flat Northcote deck.

He's 17 years of age. They aren't going to throw him in the ones/twos straight away. He can make it.

Camrea accepted in DVCA. Thats great for NMCA.Should be a really competitive season .:eek::eek:
Prediction for Finals:
Keon Park
Northcote Utd
Preston Druid
Northern Socials.
McFarlane Medal: A 3 way tie between P.Clohessy, ATerpou, D Wilkes.

canplay1;354696 said:
Camrea accepted in DVCA. Thats great for NMCA.Should be a really competitive season .:eek::eek:
Prediction for Finals:
Keon Park
Northcote Utd
Preston Druid
Northern Socials.
McFarlane Medal: A 3 way tie between P.Clohessy, ATerpou, D Wilkes.

Nothings changed I can see !
Didnt see ya there at the NMCA AGM very dissapointed I was looking forward to a new direction !

18 / 5 the vote was Camrea accepted
Lets move on....

canplay1;354678 said:
i seen him the other day im a good mate that goes to school wif him he iant going to district half the shit use blokes post is crap invalid false bullshit hes happy at club level and will b joining myself playing cricket district in his future duties not at the moment

Corey Altis freak bowler has great pace and will only get better with age.
Expect big things from this kid.

tonned up;354767 said:
Corey Altis freak bowler has great pace and will only get better with age.
Expect big things from this kid.

There is no reason Corey should be giving any consideration to leaving Camrea. He has been at the club since he was 9 years old and the club has done nothing more than look after him and his family throughout. He has been given every opportunity to develop as a cricketer under the guidance of coaches and members who adore him as they do all the young junior cricketers that have been a part of the club. He has come an incredibly long way since he started playing the game and is a talented cricketer with good potential.

To think that for some reason he is not happy with the club would be an incredible disappointment and unjustified. He will after all have his name in the clubs history books as a member of the last A Grade premiership team to play in the NMCA.

The Ref;354925 said:
There is no reason Corey should be giving any consideration to leaving Camrea. He has been at the club since he was 9 years old and the club has done nothing more than look after him and his family throughout. He has been given every opportunity to develop as a cricketer under the guidance of coaches and members who adore him as they do all the young junior cricketers that have been a part of the club. He has come an incredibly long way since he started playing the game and is a talented cricketer with good potential.

To think that for some reason he is not happy with the club would be an incredible disappointment and unjustified. He will after all have his name in the clubs history books as a member of the last A Grade premiership team to play in the NMCA.

Maybe he just wants to go on and better his cricket?
playing suburban cricket won't do that

Egg;354987 said:
Maybe he just wants to go on and better his cricket?
playing suburban cricket won't do that

will Camrea look to rebuild or keep topping up so to get to Barclay shield, i know that this isn't the DVCA website but you guys know them better then us.

no AJ no camrea my prediction.

no doubt corey has talent but i would love to see him bowl his favourite short ball on turf! cause i see a half decent 3s batter smashing him.
im a sub-district player played corey my whole life his a good bowler but get behind the ball and u can see him off easily

friezy69;354992 said:

no doubt corey has talent but i would love to see him bowl his favourite short ball on turf! cause i see a half decent 3s batter smashing him.
im a sub-district player played corey my whole life his a good bowler but get behind the ball and u can see him off easily
really whu cares bout this kid let him play wer he wnts to play n let him do what he wnts to do use act like his some superstar he knows hes not im sure hes just probably working on getting better and so on giv the kid a break its his desicison as for predictions for nmca top 4 thoughts?

one shot;354990 said:
will Camrea look to rebuild or keep topping up so to get to Barclay shield, i know that this isn't the DVCA website but you guys know them better then us.

I think Camrea will continue to do whatever it believes is needed to ensure the long term success of its club and its members. After all isn't that the very least every club should look to be doing?

friezy69;354992 said:

AJ has been a wonderful batsman over a long period of time. But even age catches up to the best of them. His past two seasons were very poor by his own standards and his contribution or influence in the club winning the Premiership was not significant. There is no doubt the club needs to look to recruit more youth. AJ leaving, although incredibly disppointing, will at least allow the club the opportunity to find some much needed young talent.

Have to agree with The Ref.

Stefan Berak is the new Alex. They will build the playing list around him for the next 15 years.

Snake;355027 said:
Have to agree with The Ref.

Stefan Berak is the new Alex. They will build the playing list around him for the next 15 years.

Let's not forget about JB - I'm pretty sure he isn't there for his good looks - sure he's not as young as he was but he's always gonna average mid to high 40's, and keep well too.

Bartos;355198 said:
Baseballers...have they recruited anyone. Have lost some big names

Baseballers have got another 2 Sri Lankans this season and are currently talking to a big name from Diamond Valley.

Teapicker;355208 said:
Baseballers have got another 2 Sri Lankans this season and are currently talking to a big name from Diamond Valley.

any names teapicker?? who is your source??

they lost perera?? are the other 2 abeyratne from last year and fernando from the year before??

who is the diamond valley big name??

surely it would be impossible to attract a big name this season, the comp has suffered and baseballers appear to have a mass walkout!!!!!

Clubs generally attract big names with money.
Surely this should not be happening anymore in the NMCA.

Back