Northern Metropolitan Cricket Association (Jika)

Re: Northern Metropolitan Cricket Association (Jika)

Fuel to the Fire;402700 said:
All quiet here again, some recent "BIG" news with Cobras appointing there only player as Captain for the coming year and Rivergum again picking up Jesensek and others. With all that went on over the off season and pre season training about to begin we should have an idea of who is playing where, have there been any other moves. I have heard Culpin was shopping himself and a few others around. If this is or isn't the case please keep replies on the topic of cricket. Any retirements in the off season Keon Park, Cobras, Socials and Druids probably had the older players? Will Northcote United change their plans and add some experience to the youngest side in the competition, all reports suggest it was the difference in the GF.

IS NEIL HARVEY PLAYING AGAIN?

I think NUCC done the right thing playing all kids in there top 2 grades last season will certainly only benefit them for this coming season was it the difference in the GF? yeah they probably could have done with an experienced head or 2 through a gruelling finals campaign, Marcon would have been ideal for them in the finals. No retirements from Cobras will be much better this season and give it a real shake with a full season of A grade experience under our belt will need a few players to really crank it up a notch Flinn Wight Wegener in particular too be a real contender

Andrew Strauss;402722 said:
No retirements from Cobras will be much better this season and give it a real shake with a full season of A grade experience under our belt will need a few players to really crank it up a notch Flinn Wight Wegener in particular too be a real contender

Can I ask the following, Morris would be close to 50 and struggled last year surley he would be close to giving it away or is he dropping down the grades? I was speaking to Parkes a couple of months a go and he said he was close to pulling the pin!

As for Flinn, Wight and Wegener -
Wegener is the pick of the three, in a couple of games last year he showed he could be a leading wicket taker of the competition. Could take 40 wickets next year
Wight bowling spin gave more value to the side, is under rated as a bat still needs to improve a fair bit to help you become a contender
Flinn struggled to hold his spot last year, jury is out if he is going to be anywhere near an 'A' garde player. Would have to improve dramatically

I can't see Cobras making the finals next year. HT, NU, LW, RG will be the top 4 the bottom 4 will be in a very close fight for relegation

How are things going at the other 'A' grade clubs?

LW - Still relying on Christie, Morrison and Hughes with the bat. Were the best defensive bowling side last year and backed up really well with their fielding

N.Utd - Have the most natural improvement in them, some of the young guys Lambert, Baker and Smith-Whiting will begin to make some bigger scores making it easier for the bowling, have heard a few are heading off

HT - Well drilled side have O'Brien to bat around and Slavierio to rattle most top orders when in the groove if he sticks around. Will rely on discipline cricket to get them through

KP - Only time will tell how they will rebound from last year, were expected to win it and never really got going.

NS - Have been quiet in the off season rumour of players returning, if they all do then will be the danger.

PD - Will need some consistency out of their top 3 Montgomery, McFreides and Stavropolous. At the moment favourites for relegation, in a close one.

RG - Don't agree they'll go back to back, but will be a danger strong batting side with Bramich the medalist to shake up the batting side similarly to Slav from HT.

COB - As per previous post. Will rely a lot on Dunbar and Grey, they need a bit of improvement from their younger players. Parkes will be helpful if he plays.

Anybody have pre season dates yet?

Fuel to the Fire;402799 said:
How are things going at the other 'A' grade clubs?

LW - Still relying on Christie, Morrison and Hughes with the bat. Were the best defensive bowling side last year and backed up really well with their fielding

N.Utd - Have the most natural improvement in them, some of the young guys Lambert, Baker and Smith-Whiting will begin to make some bigger scores making it easier for the bowling, have heard a few are heading off

HT - Well drilled side have O'Brien to bat around and Slavierio to rattle most top orders when in the groove if he sticks around. Will rely on discipline cricket to get them through

KP - Only time will tell how they will rebound from last year, were expected to win it and never really got going.

NS - Have been quiet in the off season rumour of players returning, if they all do then will be the danger.

PD - Will need some consistency out of their top 3 Montgomery, McFreides and Stavropolous. At the moment favourites for relegation, in a close one.

RG - Don't agree they'll go back to back, but will be a danger strong batting side with Bramich the medalist to shake up the batting side similarly to Slav from HT.

COB - As per previous post. Will rely a lot on Dunbar and Grey, they need a bit of improvement from their younger players. Parkes will be helpful if he plays.

Anybody have pre season dates yet?

dont write off Keon Park just yet they have been training for a few weeks already and might have up to 5 new players to strengthen their side and might have only lost 2 from last year

buffster;395161 said:
not brad hodge silly, darren hodge. go the kooks

Don't think this move is on the cards Buffster.

From what I've heard he's got a nice offer from a club in Queensland, will be accepting that shortly.

Fuel to the Fire;402795 said:
Can I ask the following, Morris would be close to 50 and struggled last year surley he would be close to giving it away or is he dropping down the grades? I was speaking to Parkes a couple of months a go and he said he was close to pulling the pin!

As for Flinn, Wight and Wegener -
Wegener is the pick of the three, in a couple of games last year he showed he could be a leading wicket taker of the competition. Could take 40 wickets next year
Wight bowling spin gave more value to the side, is under rated as a bat still needs to improve a fair bit to help you become a contender
Flinn struggled to hold his spot last year, jury is out if he is going to be anywhere near an 'A' garde player. Would have to improve dramatically

I can't see Cobras making the finals next year. HT, NU, LW, RG will be the top 4 the bottom 4 will be in a very close fight for relegation

Those 3 are gonna be the barometers for cobras this season, Flinn alot better than last seasons form says

SteveSmith;402884 said:
Don't think this move is on the cards Buffster.

From what I've heard he's got a nice offer from a club in Queensland, will be accepting that shortly.

on incentives aswell i hear, a bowl of milk for every wicket!

The man behind Andrew Strauss is Michael Flinn just thought id reveal myself had enough of hiding behind straussy

Andrew Strauss;402942 said:
The man behind Andrew Strauss is Michael Flinn just thought id reveal myself had enough of hiding behind straussy

oh my god its mickel flinn everybody ..... my god wow weee !

Andrew Strauss;402942 said:

Those 3 are gonna be the barometers for cobras this season, Flinn alot better than last seasons form says

Have put yourself under the pump! A couple of post talking yourself up, you would have been better to stay annonymous for a while. Good luck for the year for yours and Cobras sake I hope your right, no offence but my opinion is you will be found out again. 350+ is a pass, will we review after Christmas?

Fuel to the Fire;403220 said:

Have put yourself under the pump! A couple of post talking yourself up, you would have been better to stay annonymous for a while. Good luck for the year for yours and Cobras sake I hope your right, no offence but my opinion is you will be found out again. 350+ is a pass, will we review after Christmas?

Cheers mate as do i, not really just got high expectations of myself

did anyone else realize the chris dunbar from rivergum and our prime minister both have red hair

is it true that junior rep sides are no longer picked on the comp you play in but where you live?

hit4six;403398 said:
is it true that junior rep sides are no longer picked on the comp you play in but where you live?

I have not heard that as yet, but is it going to make a difference of the make up of the sides, its who you know not how good you are.

i think it will cause ive played under 21's for the past 2 years and there may be some people who dont live around NMCA area which would then have to play with blokes within the dvca and hdca and potentially play against former team mates

stillahack;402704 said:
heard from a really good source that AJ has not been sacked from lalor Stars and still contracted for another year and if he going anywhere it was back to Camera. Culpin was asked to apply for 1 coaching job in B grade and did not get it ( was offered more or less to do it for nothing ) and was chased by A grade club but didnt apply for it rumour has it that he is going to play in the lower grades with his son.

I can categorically tell you what Culpin did in regards the B Grade Club.

He was asked by his former Club to apply after he had made contact to them indicating he was interested in coaching them again. He was after remuneration, as well as remuneration for 3 players he said he would bring.

The Club did not chase him or sound him out, he made the first move so they thought no harm in interviewing him.

The club has recruited a captain coach from another comp who is in his early twenties, fitter than Culpin, can bat, bowl and keep and is a good future prospect for them if they can get back into A Grade. It was more about looking ahead to the future and trying to bring in a different attitude and culture. Culpin has been there done that and they did not want to return to the past.

They know they need to change their culture and they want to change their culture. Bringing in young new talented people from outside is a good idea.
I wish them all the best and if I played there I certainly wouldn't want to be following Culpins example. He's had his day.

hit4six;403398 said:

this will only affect the pathway sides i believe (cowboys/falcons) not your comp nmca/dvca/hdca rep sides

Back