Northern Metropolitan Cricket Association (Jika)

Re: Northern Metropolitan Cricket Association (Jika)

Cameron
Bundoora Park
Preston YCW
Darebin Chargers

Donath
Preston Baseballers
Fairfield
Olympic Colts

Medal Winner: A.Hill

YouKnowNothing;408247 said:
Ok, I'll give it a crack then

Ladder positions
Jika

1. Northcote Utd
2. Holy Trinity
3. Keon Park
4. Rivergum
5. Lalor
6. Cobras
7. Druids
8. Socials

Quick

1. Cameron
2. Baseballers
3. Bundoora Park
4. Darebin Chargers
5. YCW
6. Fairfield
7. Donath
8. Olympic Colts

Think that Jika will be as even as ever before
Consistancy will be the key
:confused:

Quick

1.Darebin Chargers
2.Cameron
3.Baseballer
4.Bundoora park
5.Ycw
6. olympic Colts
7.donath
8. Fairfield

medal Adnan Khan played u/19s for pakistan, or prince both from chargers

1. Northcote United
2. Holy Trinity
3. Keon Park
4. cobras
5.Rivergum
6.Druids
7.Socials
8. lalor

Gary Glittteeerrr;408753 said:
Quick

1.Darebin Chargers
2.Cameron
3.Baseballer
4.Bundoora park
5.Ycw
6. olympic Colts
7.donath
8. Fairfield

medal Adnan Khan played u/19s for pakistan, or prince both from chargers

1. Northcote United
2. Holy Trinity
3. Keon Park
4. cobras
5.Rivergum
6.Druids
7.Socials
8. lalor

If the guy played for Pakistan he will be
sure to be involved in some form of match fixing and get tossed out of the country.

played against Lalor in a practice match on the weekend, they lost 13 wickets for 86 off 40 and one of the bowls bowled 2 overs for 18 in that 86. 9 players got bowled. i know that it was only a practice match, but players playing in tracksuit pants and batting in sun glasses isn't quite the level that i expected from the reigning premiers, i believe they had 5 to six of there 1's in.
is that the standard warm up for those guys and then they turn it on on saturdays?

Good preparation i was told was on of the vital keys to a good season!

nice guys, but if i was coaching them many a harsh word would have been used post game.

one shot;408781 said:
played against Lalor in a practice match on the weekend, they lost 13 wickets for 86 off 40 and one of the bowls bowled 2 overs for 18 in that 86. 9 players got bowled. i know that it was only a practice match, but players playing in tracksuit pants and batting in sun glasses isn't quite the level that i expected from the reigning premiers, i believe they had 5 to six of there 1's in.
is that the standard warm up for those guys and then they turn it on on saturdays?

Good preparation i was told was on of the vital keys to a good season!

nice guys, but if i was coaching them many a harsh word would have been used post game.

In all honesty One Shot they shouldn't have won last season anyway and it's just that 3 other sides choked more than what they did.

Teapicker;408853 said:
In all honesty One Shot they shouldn't have won last season anyway and it's just that 3 other sides choked more than what they did.

ONE SHOT i played in that match and its fair to say that both sides had different intentions of what they wanted to gain out of the game. We played a side that gave everyone a go and rewarded those who had trained...

Fair to say that cow paddock and pitch we played on was not ideal for our first outdoor hit out.

Id say instead of coming on here looking for a response from other clubs as to how we are preparing for the year, focus on your own preparation as im sure you have a long year ahead of you.

TEAPICKER: well said, Lalor had a 3-0 record against Keon Park, 2-1 record against United and Holy Trinity throughout the year, obviously a bit of jealously there...pretty good observation!!!! just make sure you dont choke this year!!!

G'day OneShot,

With all due respect to you as a fellow cricketer and supporter of a local level cricket club, i disagree with your sentiments regarding the practice match between your club, St Francis of Assissi and our club, Lalor Warriors Cricket Club. I think credit has to be given where credit is due, and both clubs should be commended for organising a casual Sunday practice match to prepare the boys for the upcoming season. However, your comments seem somewhat harsh when you quite openly 'bag' some of our players. Our Captain/Coach Nick Christie did the right thing by giving everyone who had been at the many training sessions during winter, a go on Sunday. I dont think that comments like regarding some of our 'reigning premiers' wearing tracksuits and sunglasses does any good for neither clubs. What is the big deal if they were wearing tracksuits, or skins? It was a friendly practice match between two local clubs, that dont play in the same cricket association, nothing more, nothing less. Furthermore, you stated, (and im not sure if this was done to ridicule the players involved) that we lost 13 wickets for 86 runs off 40 overs. Yes, very true however, what is your point? Are you stating that we are hacks or crappy criketers? If not, what was the point of your comment. As i said earlier, our Captain/coach gave everyone a hit that has been busting a gut over winter. It wasn't only our best players out there, but players from all grades in our club. I'm not sure if your comments overall promote a positive discussion, and i don't think it does neither your club, nor our club any favours when it comes to friendship and comaraderie amongst fellow cricketers. That said, good luck to your club and its members for the upcoming season and look forward to another match some time....however this time, the requirements for strict attire will be enforced and i will personally make sure the players whites have been Napisaned the night before! All jokes aside, take care and good luck.

Telly Tilkeridis;408954 said:
G'day OneShot,

With all due respect to you as a fellow cricketer and supporter of a local level cricket club, i disagree with your sentiments regarding the practice match between your club, St Francis of Assissi and our club, Lalor Warriors Cricket Club. I think credit has to be given where credit is due, and both clubs should be commended for organising a casual Sunday practice match to prepare the boys for the upcoming season. However, your comments seem somewhat harsh when you quite openly 'bag' some of our players. Our Captain/Coach Nick Christie did the right thing by giving everyone who had been at the many training sessions during winter, a go on Sunday. I dont think that comments like regarding some of our 'reigning premiers' wearing tracksuits and sunglasses does any good for neither clubs. What is the big deal if they were wearing tracksuits, or skins? It was a friendly practice match between two local clubs, that dont play in the same cricket association, nothing more, nothing less. Furthermore, you stated, (and im not sure if this was done to ridicule the players involved) that we lost 13 wickets for 86 runs off 40 overs. Yes, very true however, what is your point? Are you stating that we are hacks or crappy criketers? If not, what was the point of your comment. As i said earlier, our Captain/coach gave everyone a hit that has been busting a gut over winter. It wasn't only our best players out there, but players from all grades in our club. I'm not sure if your comments overall promote a positive discussion, and i don't think it does neither your club, nor our club any favours when it comes to friendship and comaraderie amongst fellow cricketers. That said, good luck to your club and its members for the upcoming season and look forward to another match some time....however this time, the requirements for strict attire will be enforced and i will personally make sure the players whites have been Napisaned the night before! All jokes aside, take care and good luck.

Have you seen or heard from Leonard Cohen lately??? :D

Well it seems that most clubs in the top flight are happy with their lists as there hasn't been much activity on the clearance list.

Seems as though most of the recuiting is being done at the bottom end as such.

Are there any big moves still to come from the top 2 grades that could make a team a real contender??? :confused:

How are clubs going with junior sides this especially under 17s, Keon Park have about 6 players at this stage. If there are clubs in the same vote maybe we can join together. We dont want kids to miss out on games.

So, what about next Saturday. What do we do with it ? Do we defer to the Sunday or reschedule to later in the season ?

Round one has been delayed and will be played on a Sunday later in the season. Announcement is on the NMCA website.

sam_j_adams;409088 said:
So, what about next Saturday. What do we do with it ? Do we defer to the Sunday or reschedule to later in the season ?

Lalor Warriors will be in full swing on Saturday!! The bar will be operational from midday thanks to our awesome Bar Manager...Graeme Whitnall and the froffies will not only taste crisp and fresh, but they will be poured with gusto!! Various sweepstakes will take place to celebrate the replay of the grand final & members from all NMCA cricket clubs are more than welcome to pop in, have a couple of drinks and watch the granny on the plasma screen. If fellow cricketers aren't doing much on the day, feel free to drop in and say g'day, have a couple of cold ones and enjoy the day :)

The Big Hairy Cat, skipper of Holy Trinity. Wonder if he will get a promotion in the batting line up. One knows that he is a great catcher so should see him in the slips.

buffster;409725 said:
The Big Hairy Cat, skipper of Holy Trinity. Wonder if he will get a promotion in the batting line up. One knows that he is a great catcher so should see him in the slips.

hahaha who is this and where do you get your information?

Someone is feeding you stories Buffster! There is no way he will be in the slips!!! HAHAHA

Congrats to Alex on the appointment though! He will be a great captain!

Go Trinners

bit of a in joke there regarding the big hairy cat fielding in slips, he reminds me of phil tuffnell trying to catch. He should do well as skipper

Don't be surprised if he bats in the top 6 though this year LOL.

Matto;410004 said:
Don't be surprised if he bats in the top 6 though this year LOL.

Congrats to Alex on club captain. :)

Top 6? He gonna take your spot Matto?
:p

Back