off break drift

legspinking

off break drift

i bowl off spin and iam kinda angle the ball and it semms as it drifts but iam not sure if it is angle or are they just the same

Re: off break drift

drift is movement in the air, seperate from the natural line of the ball, and it will generally work in the opposite direction to the turn of the ball off the pitch. so for an off break it will drift away from a right handed batsman, and then turn back in once it bounces.

it tends to occur mostly as the ball drops, and tends to have its biggest effect as the ball gets closer to the ground. if youre getting it to drift then you should be able to see the ball shape away before it bounces, and then turn back in.

If you're getting drift you'll see it as the ball does this - YouTube - Blitzball : Amazing Curveball I know it's baseball, but this is one of the best examples of the potential of swing/drift that can be gained by making a ball spin in flight. This particular balls is designed to exaggerate the drift/swing/curve for training purposes. But it gives you an exaggerated idea and example.

someblokecalleddave;404660 said:
If you're getting drift you'll see it as the ball does this - YouTube - Blitzball : Amazing Curveball I know it's baseball, but this is one of the best examples of the potential of swing/drift that can be gained by making a ball spin in flight. This particular balls is designed to exaggerate the drift/swing/curve for training purposes. But it gives you an exaggerated idea and example.

WOW, great video, thanks!

Love the curveball at the end of that video.

Side and top spin together are the best method for drift I find. It's hard to get big drift and turn at the same time as an offie, but that drift is so often the best weapon as it is the only thing that goes away from a right hander.

Back