Off Spinning Variations - Any Variation

How are you gripping the ball?

For the ball with a little bit of wrist, I hold the normal iverson Gleeson grip, sometimes i bowl it without wrist sometimes I do and the backspinning bowl I hold the ball with the same grip however I have the front of my hand facing leg side to a righ hander and rip my fingers Down the seem for a backspinning delivery

What is the difference between the Jeff ball and the carrom bowl? When I'm Practising my "carrom bowl" I have an action which has a slight wrist turn and more backspin and then I have one that I'm working with right now that I really try to turn with my fingers and not wrist.. Is that the difference?
Carrom is flicked out with middle finger, Jeff slides out with a bit of thumb. More 'work' on a carrom ball.

If you check Lyon's carrom ball on the sixers link, his wrist position is palm to leg-side. Ashwin keeps his palm facing down the pitch, hence better disguise.

Carrom is flicked out with middle finger, Jeff slides out with a bit of thumb. More 'work' on a carrom ball.

If you check Lyon's carrom ball on the sixers link, his wrist position is palm to leg-side. Ashwin keeps his palm facing down the pitch, hence better disguise.

yeah I am really trying to keep my palm facing down the pitch when bowling the delivery

Back