Oval tickets top £100

mas cambios

Oval tickets top £100

The Oval has become the first ground to charge more than £100 for a non-corporate seat for an international in England. Some tickets for the ODI against New Zealand in June have gone on sale priced at £103.

"We haven't had negative feedback," Paul Blanchard, Surrey's sales and marketing director, told The Wisden Cricketer. "We had around 40,000 failed applicants and we sold out quicker than in any of the previous two years. There is no sign that people are saying it is too expensive ... in fact, demand is increasing and increasing.

"The vast majority of tickets we sell are at around £50 to £62 for the ODIs and a bit cheaper for the Tests."

The most expensive public ticket for a game at Lord's this summer is £75 while the cheapest is at Headingley where a seat for the first day of the South Africa Test can be had for £18.

Blanchard warned that prices might continue to rise. "People ring us and accuse us of not charging enough because they have not been able to get the tickets."

Article at Cricinfo

I find this really sad in a way. Cricket needs to be accessible to all and not just the lucky few. Yes, it's for a decent seat but how long before the others creep up around the £100 mark?

The comment at the end where he says people ring up and accuse him of not charging enough is balderdash; it's a poor excuse for raising prices and really a cop out. Just because a few hooray Henry's haven't been able to secure tickets over the past 2 years, doesn't mean that it's a chance to exclude the general public.

If England don't pull out the slump their in, they'll be having trouble selling out venue's anyway, the post Ashes bubble has burst or is just about to in terms of the extra fans it brought in.

Re: Oval tickets top £100

Does it really matter though? The Oval is in a rich part of London, people can afford those prices?

I'm sure if it was at Headingly or elsewhere then things would be different. Makes no difference to me as I already find test match cricket too expensive. I might take the menace along one day but not until he's old enough to enjoy it and get my monies worth!

My golly gosh, 100 pommy dollars that like 200 our dollars
we only have to pay 82 aussie dollars to get into and international game

Jeez, i only paid $8AU to get into the third day to the India test at the WACA, and it was $30AU to get into the third day of the ashes test at the WACA. But 100 pounds may be pushing it in my mind

Only 30 bucks for an adult in the Indian matches.

Jimmy you got ripped of, you play for u15s? So you're u15 still, I pressume, that means you coulda got in for free!

Im actually over 15, and it was 30 bucks for the Third Ashes Test, which was sold out

Jonesy said:
Only 30 bucks for an adult in the Indian matches.

Jimmy you got ripped of, you play for u15s? So you're u15 still, I pressume, that means you coulda got in for free!
thats on the 3rd day
and i had to pay 82 aussie buks to get into the odi against sri lanka at the scg

Yeh and he said he went on the third day... Jimmy you could of pretended you were u15, I know a few 16year olds who did that.

yeh but ur mates might be small jimmy cood be 6ft.5 for all we now lol
im 14 and im 6ft
they always ask for my identification wen im gettin tickets and stuff
its shoots me to be honest

Nah they aren't small, they got the tickets for the match when they were like 2 months away from being 17...

Well i was meant to get in for free (3 its a magic number) but instead it costed 30 bucks. But i mean 8 bucks to a test match, thats pretty good.

Oh and btw im 5'6

Back