Pace Bowling-Variations

breeno

Pace Bowling-Variations

Im looking to see everybody's variations, Im also looking for weird and wacky ones that actually work. Let us know what your all experimenting with?

Re: Pace Bowling-Variations

The SLOB looks very good, cant wait to try it.

Has anyone experimented with a Knuckle Ball type delivery?

breeno;274238 said:

We had an overseas who used to use something similar, not really sure what kind of success he had with it though.

Liz Ward;274181 said:
Yes it was FBI... I wonder if he managed to tame it :)
Courtesy of the lovely Ian Pont - The world's best slower ball:

Mavericks Cricket Coaching - The SLOB - the world's best slower ball

...but keep it a secret... ...we don't want everybody to know about it!
Sweet. Looks difficult but if the ball is able to deceive the batsman as it says it does then I'd be more than keen to try it out. I'll wait and see how it goes tomorrow.

breeno;274238 said:

Yeah recently I've tried one way. You have your ring finger on top of the ball instead of your middle finger, the knuckle on the middle finger rests on the ball. Still working on it.

I bowl a part-time medium. It's OK. I bowl a good quicker ball but my slower ball is week when I try it. I usually just spider grip it (in the palm, wrap the fingers right around). It's alright, but usually too slow or I drop it in too short - or in extreme circumstances both. Any tips?

Mousey;290582 said:
I bowl a part-time medium. It's OK. I bowl a good quicker ball but my slower ball is week when I try it. I usually just spider grip it (in the palm, wrap the fingers right around). It's alright, but usually too slow or I drop it in too short - or in extreme circumstances both. Any tips?

Practice in the nets and try different things, trust me you will get better.

Mousey;290582 said:

Practice, practice and then practice. Get used to the grip first, don't worry too much about the end product.

Once you're happy with that move on to getting it to land where you want. Set up a marker or target then it's more practice. Eventually introduce a batsman and try to replicate a game situation, so you get used to using the slower ball under pressure.

The key is practice.

I have one i developed even though I'm a spinner.
Hard to explain, but easy to bowl.
Pretty much you hold the ball with the seam going horizontal ( ----->) that way, with your hands cupped around it, with all five fingers on the seam.
Upon release, I cut my arm down and turn my hand so it's like I'm about to shake someones hand, and if you do it enough, it's like a really fast off break, which is easy to get on target, hard to pick, and turns more than an off-cutter. :D

Unspinable

Unspinable;293110 said:
I have one i developed even though I'm a spinner.
Hard to explain, but easy to bowl.
Pretty much you hold the ball with the seam going horizontal ( ----->) that way, with your hands cupped around it, with all five fingers on the seam.
Upon release, I cut my arm down and turn my hand so it's like I'm about to shake someones hand, and if you do it enough, it's like a really fast off break, which is easy to get on target, hard to pick, and turns more than an off-cutter. :D

Unspinable

That's interesting, I'll give it a try.

/100_4298.jpg
100_4298.jpg

There that's the grip

Well, I don't, but you could.
upon release I act like I'm chopping something and I bring my arm across my body, causing the ball to spin to the right.

It can also help if you have your wrist cocked, to generate more spin.

Ok, cool. I gave it a try tonight. It was ok, but I was taking my thumb away and I didn't cock my wrist. It was like a cutter, so that was alright. I'll give it another go, see if I can get more.

Back