Pakistan vs India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pakistan vs India

India will pay for the catch Misbah already hit two sixes in last over. Akmal lis playing poorly we need to put more pressure on him.

Boy, i wish i could watch the Cricket but Sky in England is so damn expensive!

Ahh well i'm sure simplyCricket regulars will keep my up to date with things going on. :)

Pakistan are developing a handy partnership. Misbah is always a dangerous player against India. He's looking in good form too. I hope we get him out somehow otherwise he'll take the game away from India.

Simbazz said:
Boy, i wish i could watch the Cricket but Sky in England is so damn expensive!

Ahh well i'm sure simplyCricket regulars will keep my up to date with things going on. :)

There is a scorecard on the frontpage, my slightly salty young friend.

Which half, top or bottom, front or back? These are the important questions.

Now, where is that umbrella?

I am afraid of India suffering against Misbah yet again. He is the most important wicket for us to get tomorrow. If the lead is under 200-220 then we have the match.

A really good game so far, full of twists and turns. India have held the upper hand for most of the 3 days but Pakistan have never let them get too far away.

It's poised on a knife edge at the moment, this is what test cricket is all about.

Spinners are crucial here! Kaneria needs to prove how good a spinner he is when called upon. Time to stand up and be counted!

The game has been exciting so far but disappointing as an indian fan. We should have been in control of this game but keep conceding the advantage. The pitch has started assisting the spinners and if india give a lead of more than 200 things will be difficult.

I'll be watching Kaneria with interest, will this be the series that he really starts to show his potential?

Agree with deer though, India keep on letting Pakistan back into the game, you could bet your last dollar that Australia would have killed the game off as early as possible.

Day 3 Report

With a settled VVS Laxman and Anil Kumble at the crease at the start of the day’s play, India would have been looking to build a first innings lead in excess of fifty runs on the second day of the First Test against Pakistan. However, disciplined bowling from Danesh Kaneria with assistance from the slightly worn pitch meant that India could only add 48 runs for the last four wickets before being dismissed for 276.

Pakistan began their second innings with confidence and grace as they punished loose bowling from Munaf Patel and easily dealt with accurate bowling from Zaheer Khan. The introduction of Ganguly severely stemmed the flow of runs but did not take the vital first wicket. It was only until Anil Kumble came back after his initial spell of one over that Yasir Hameed was dismissed, caught by the bat-pad fielder, Laxman, for 36.

On 71/1, the game was still slipping away from India; Kumble and Harbhajan continued to toil away on the ever increasingly unresponsive surface for 13 overs until captain fantastic trapped Younis Khan LBW. Harbhajan Singh was soon rewarded for his hard work with the wickets of Mohammad Yousuf and Shoaib Malik. Yousuf gifted a return catch to Harbhajan off a ball pitched on Sohail Tanvir’s footmarks and Shoaib Malik bottom edged a cut shot, whilst comically overbalancing.

With wickets falling at the other end, Salman Butt continued to provide a batting masterclass for the fans in attendance. Butt caressed the ball through both cover and midwicket with equal ease. Despite this, the spinners carried on teasing Butt with the proverbial carrot outside the off stump until he flashed at one which was caught, like so many others before it, by Rahul Dravid off Anil Kumble. Rahul Dravid’s running celebration toward third man was truly a mirror image of dozens before it, a reiteration of the consistency of this particular bowler/slip partnership.

At 161/5, Pakistan were reeling and just one over later, Misbah inside edged one onto his pad which flew gently into Jaffer’s throat. Unfortunately for Harbhajan (the bowler) and the whole Indian team, Jaffer grassed the chance and Misbah made India pay. With Akmal carefully rotating the strike (after taking 25 balls to get his to 2), Misbah kept the runs flowing, especial mention going to two sweeps which went for six over the long on region. Interestingly, the aforementioned shot has become a trend of sorts with the Pakistan team, and with the exception of Shoaib Akhtar’s attempt, it has been extremely successful.

Ending the day on 212/5 (167 runs ahead), the match is evenly poised with the morning session potentially crucial to the outcome of the match, India will be looking to wrap Pakistan up for under 50 more runs and Pakistan will look to survive the session, adding runs at a good rate in the process. The match is certain to last the fourth and most of the fifth day and the old saying will run true, “Who dares, wins!”

Pace Watch

Pakistan first innings:

Zaheer Khan – 125-140kph
Munaf Patel – 125-142kph
Sourav Ganguly – 110-120kph

India first innings:

Shoaib Akhtar – 130-150kph
Mohammad Sami – 125-142kph
Sohail Tanvir - 115-130kph

Pakistan second innings:

Zaheer Khan – 125-135kph
Munaf Patel – 130-140kph
Sourav Ganguly – 110-120kph

As an Indian supporter I'd want the game to end today. If we keep Pakistan to under 220, it should be easy. If Pakistan get anything more than 250 then India will struggle. Whether India will repent the dropped chance off Misbah-ul-Haq or they don't, will become clear today.

Yeah its like that for a hour in the morning.
Zaheer has picked up two crucial wickets this morning. I hope that India don't throw the advantage like they have done so frequently in this match.

Misbah and Sami are frustrating again but they are not scoring too many runs. Why cant india get sami out. We need to bowl well he is just a tailender. If the play for a long time india will be in a lot of trouble.

Ganguly strikes with the second new ball. Misbah keeps finding new ways to throw his wicket away.
Another wicket for Ganguly. Sami falls with an equally foolish shot. India should wrap up the innings quickly now.
Wickets are falling faster than I can type. Kaneria falls too thanks to great wicketkeeping by Dhoni.
203 is a challenging target, but I'd expect India to win.

Yes finally wickets for india. Ganguly has a golden arm :D Misbah moved very early thinking that he will make the ball a full toss but ganguly kept it at length and misbah played a foolish shot.
Its all over.Kaneria runout. 202 shouldnt be hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back