PARIS OLYMPICS

Australia's Matildas have qualified for Paris but face top-five ranked teams Germany and USA in their pool rounds.
1710987327388.jpeg

Last edited:

Australia's Matildas have qualified for Paris but face top-five ranked teams Germany and USA in their pool rounds.
View attachment 2744
Congrats to the Matildas. Looking forward to this particular match and those of the whole group. After the complete disaster last year (was it?) in AUS and NZ the German team seems to have improved while qualifying for Paris and currently for next year's Euro Championship.
Our men's team has not qualified for Paris but is gonna play the EC in Germany in June. Will be watching a couple of matches of both men in Germany and women in Paris and - this needs mentioning - I can watch them on free TV which is nothing to be taken for granted.

Australia has yet to choose their swimming team as that will done after the Olympic Trials in about 6 weeks. Last week we held our National Titles.

AS far as a good tune up goes ahead of Olympic trials even Kaylee McKeown’s coach was surprised when she clocked a sizzling 2:06.99 in the women’s 200m medley to break the 14 year old national record set by the great Stephanie Rice. As if that was not sufficiently mind boggling Kaylee then broke Stephs 20 year long 400IM national record in a sizzling 4:28.22, the fastest time recorded this year.

I just realised that you didn't position this thread in the 99.... Club. Richie Richie

Has anyone seen Nike's new outfit for the US track and field women's team yet? One outfit, a bodysuit, has been criticised by fans and athletes alike for being too revealing. I share those views. What's going round in the designers' heads, I wonder? The high-cut unitard is totally unnecessary and out of place. It reminds us of another "idea", when, at the World Athletics Championships in Qatar of all places, cameras were mounted on starting blocks showing images of intimate areas of athletes allegedly to film them finding their starting positions and providing "innovative angles". Weird. The protest coming from athletes was justified and effective.

View attachment 2802
What is all the wowsering about Thomas.
It's about this:
https://edition.cnn.com/2024/04/15/sport/nike-us-olympic-team-outfits-design-spt-intl/index.html
I read that it's actually this sleeveless bodysuit on the right causing the controversy and not a unitard as in your picture. I wasn't aware of the difference that there is also to leotards and biketards. To make it even more confusing Nike calls the uniform in my link a unitard while others call the one in your post a unitard. :confused:
I noticed that it's increasingly hard to find pics of that bodysuit but lots of articles about the subject without any pics provided.
True, Nike says it's an option only but a couple of vociferous voices of female athletes say it shouldn't even be an option. These women don't seem to realise that, according to Nike, there are some female athletes who ordered it and want to wear it in competition.
After all, it may have been much ado about nothing as Tara Davis-Woodhal realised:
“It was the picture that did no justice,” the 2024 World Indoor gold medalist told reporters. “I saw one [of the uniforms] today. They’re beautiful. They’re not like the picture. The cut does look a little bit different on that mannequin. They just should have had a second look with someone to choose that photo to post.”

Last edited:
Back