Pet Hates:

Stumped

Pet Hates:

Right what are everyones pet hates within the wonderful game we play!

Here are mine:

1. Batsmen who insist on remarking their guard on real wickets but are actually digging a hole through the wicket to Australia! and then remarking it again the next ball as if the gouge they had already made disappeared? :cursing:

2. Batsmen who take their time between every ball. standing around as if every fielder has moved. or batsmen who take their gloves off and then have to put them back on again? whats that about. were talking league cricket not Test Match ? :confused:

Re: Pet Hates:

I'm one of those batsman in number 2! I like to have a good look at the field between balls. Not sure I'm that bad though.

My biggest pet hate is the same as your number 1 though, it really irritates me.

No:1 really irritates me and as a wicket keeper on out home ground i always ask them if they would like a shovel or at least have the decency to apologize to out groundsman as he will have to repair it!

Ooh, definitely the bloke that takes it all far too seriously.

Never mind the fact everyone else is having a friendly game of Cricket on a Sunny afternoon - as far as this bloke's concerned you might as well have taken the field at Lords'.
Never mind the fact that the batting team is 21/6 off 12 overs on a flat track, the veins on his forehead will still burst outwards at every slight misfield, even though the pitch has more craters in it than a Baghdad marketplace, and the fielder in question is someone's son that filled in at the last minute... he's still going to go that unique shade of crimson shared by over-serious cricketers and choking victims.

Also, the 'new gear curse'.

You have a great season with the bat, averaging Bradman-esque figures in the four games that weren't rained off, and decide to treat yourself in time for the new season by replacing that old piece of firewood with a shiny new piece of Willow.

You try every single bat in the shop (several times over), picking the one that feels just right as you cover drive invisible balls for sweetly-timed invisible fours.

You bring it to nets, where it is roundly admired to your face, and you aren't called a 'flash git' behind your back at all. No, honest. You lovingly knock it in and oil it until it's ready for the most fearsome of new-ball bowlers, and then comes the first game of the season - your first chance to show off your new toy to the bowlers you are surely about to smite with it.

First-ball duck.

Next game? First-ball duck.

You manage to avoid the duck-trick the next game, edging for a streaky 2 before you're clean-bowled by the 74-year-old team mascot's crafty non-spinning spinners. The trend continues until you decide that the problem is the new bat. You throw it into the bag, never to be used again, until someone forgets theirs one week and asks to borrow your spare.

They promptly knock a blistering 50 off 21 balls. "Nice bat you've got there."

People who don't put any effort in when fielding, and regard fielding as an un-important part of the game.

Jonesey, i quite like them bowlers! :laugh:

How bout when the oppo brings on the gangly looking 12 year old thats alot sharper than you think!

How bout those bowlers that think they are hell tough because they can bowl a bouncer and try to intimidate you, when all they are really bowling is slow pies, and when you smack them they try to get hell tougher, but continue to bowl pies.

Also those bowlers that bowl so slow that the ball bounces twice before it reaches you, but bounces to low to really hit.

Or when you are at an away ground and the other team are to lazy to mark the boundaries the right size, so it ends up as adults size, about 10m longer than usual, and stops you from hitting your first ever 6

Funnily all these occured in the same game ;)

pet hates...

rubbish fielders / players giving u a mouthful while your batting.... nothing annoys me more than a bloke that cant play to save his life, knocking my cricket...

batsmen that take there time.... between balls / overs...

bowlers that continually try and stare u down....

they r the main ones that come 2 mind...

jimmy33 said:
How bout those bowlers that think they are hell tough because they can bowl a bouncer and try to intimidate you, when all they are really bowling is slow pies, and when you smack them they try to get hell tougher, but continue to bowl pies.

Also those bowlers that bowl so slow that the ball bounces twice before it reaches you, but bounces to low to really hit.

Or when you are at an away ground and the other team are to lazy to mark the boundaries the right size, so it ends up as adults size, about 10m longer than usual, and stops you from hitting your first ever 6

Funnily all these occured in the same game ;)

What happened in our granny, and it was more of a beach than a cricket field so that made the ball go even slower, in that match there was 3 fours in 100 overs. And I hit one of them :)

Hahah Aussie Boy, I stare down batsman, well I did it once or twice in the finals when we were on top of them.

lol i stare batsmen down every now and then aswelll...

but it gets to me if it is continaully done... or if im being *attempted* stared down by a bowler that is slower then some of the under 11 players i have seen!!!

i usually either stare back or if they r rubbish i just laugh at em... :)

People who expect people 2 walk :cursing:

my biggest hate is umpires ::) and when your playing a game and that silly man always seems let his dog of the effin lead and it runs on pitch . week in week out he does it and can't clock on the reasoning behind the lead

Other people's cats in my back yard.

Cricket - the first list included the bloke that insists on digging up the wicket with his bat - that's a Chav with a bat as far as I'm concerned, it's a cricket pitch not preparation for the battle of the Somme!!!!

God I could go on for ages, but

1. Rain in the summer, usually on Sat when the rest of the week is great.
2. Extended football season.
3. Mutli-sports pitches, where you get the edge of rugby/football pitches just off the square!!!
4. Cold showers in away dressing rooms (Hot in homes usually).
5. Stinking, small shoebox dressing rooms (Ours is huge, like the queens front room).
6. Poor tea's...
7. Poor coaching advice or the senior old-boy at the club coaching youngsters the 1960's MCC method.
8. The parent at coaching nights, who thinks he's the next England coach thorugh his TV coaching course or company/pub team cricket expierence.

I best stop there, because I'm starting to think I might give up and play football all year!!!

Back