Player Movements & Rumours 2016/17

Brutal can you explain to me why you are so sure Tom Burton will be playing at Research next year? ?Not having a go or trying to stir the pot but I cant help but wonder if history is going to repeat itself. He left a strong on field side for more money at a side that has just been relegated the same year his former side won the flag. are you worried at all he will find someone willing to pay more this year and whats his thoughts on playing in Div2? You cant say that he is loyal to the club as it is yet to be tested and his track record suggests his motivation is money not loyalty. After the whole GT saga I just find it weird you place so much trust in him
Well for a starters he got paid ************ all at Macleod. 1000 to do development work, so I'd suggest it was Macleod that wasn't loyal to him. They had an opportunity to reward him a bit better after winning comp medal and chose instead to pay 10k or near enough to someone who had only been at the club 6 months and started that season with 4 ducks. Secondly. He's already agreed/committed to terms for next season. Toms already had me put a statement up here, but if you wish I'll get him to supply me with another one. Perhaps even a copy of signed agreement.

Well for a starters he got paid ************ all at Macleod. 1000 to do development work, so I'd suggest it was Macleod that wasn't loyal to him. They had an opportunity to reward him a bit better after winning comp medal and chose instead to pay 10k or near enough to someone who had only been at the club 6 months and started that season with 4 ducks. Secondly. He's already agreed/committed to terms for next season. Toms already had me put a statement up here, but if you wish I'll get him to supply me with another one. Perhaps even a copy of signed agreement.
Stop guessing amounts brutal. Macleod have not ever paid that amount to any player/or coach for that matter.
Sounds to me that somebody told Research an amount , albeit an imaginary $$$, to drive up his own cost at the time. Kudos to him.

Hmm that there tongs is loss of credibility mate. Bang on about GT this GT that.. you didn't even want him .

The only loss of credibility is Brutal. Just shows what a completely ordinary bloke he is, to post private messages on the public forum. Which I'll add the site doesn't tolerate, it's a breach of the site rules. Hence his time away. (But I'll leave the post up as people will say I deleted it to cover me)

Either way, not really sure the post is that damning.

Just another sign that old mate Brutal is getting very bitter by the day. First it was Chippa, then GT. Maybe Eltham should target more of their players.

Not sure if Eltham would bother targeting any Research players.
One is apparently already tied for next year, the other one worth chasing is shagga and I doubt he would entertain the thought of leaving.
The rest have ************ all currency.....

The only loss of credibility is Brutal. Just shows what a completely ordinary bloke he is, to post private messages on the public forum. Which I'll add the site doesn't tolerate, it's a breach of the site rules. Hence his time away. (But I'll leave the post up as people will say I deleted it to cover me)

Either way, not really sure the post is that damning.

Just another sign that old mate Brutal is getting very bitter by the day. First it was Chippa, then GT. Maybe Eltham should target more of their players.

IMG_0685.JPG

Reckon that's pretty ordinary giving him a ban. Brutal is super entertainment . You wrote it mate so cop it. No need for red cards .

You're making out that what I wrote is bad? That doesn't faze me one bit, hence why I've left it up and not deleted it.

Brutal could do with a spell. To sort out why everything he surrounds himself with is going down hill at a rate of knots. He'll be back soon enough.

Well for a starters he got paid ************ all at Macleod. 1000 to do development work, so I'd suggest it was Macleod that wasn't loyal to him. They had an opportunity to reward him a bit better after winning comp medal and chose instead to pay 10k or near enough to someone who had only been at the club 6 months and started that season with 4 ducks. Secondly. He's already agreed/committed to terms for next season. Toms already had me put a statement up here, but if you wish I'll get him to supply me with another one. Perhaps even a copy of signed agreement.[/QUOTE
You're making out that what I wrote is bad? That doesn't faze me one bit, hence why I've left it up and not deleted it.

Brutal could do with a spell. To sort out why everything he surrounds himself with is going down hill at a rate of knots. He'll be back soon enough.
You can't pretend there is nothing in that message Tongs you said he has left a sour taste in your mouth more than once and you also tried to cover your tracks by ensuring you weren't revealed as the source so you can't act like you stand by what you said now when you weren't prepared to stand by it then . What do you mean by his track record , he has played at research his whole career ?

You can't pretend there is nothing in that message Tongs you said he has left a sour taste in your mouth more than once and you also tried to cover your tracks by ensuring you weren't revealed as the source so you can't act like you stand by what you said now when you weren't prepared to stand by it then . What do you mean by his track record , he has played at research his whole career ?

It's just the standard "Turner to ECC" rumour for 10 years straight. He was spoken to a number of times and never came. So I always thought it was a wasted effort trying, as he was research through and through. Brutal and I have discussed this over a few years now.

Morning all.
It's a brisk 11 degrees this morning, top of 18, only 10% chance of rain but absolutely no chance of Brutal. Take a deep breath and enjoy the fresh air.

In other news, rumblings out of the NMCA are that Rosebank and Rivergum not happy with the way the comp is run and may be looking to jump ship?

Would assume Rivergum could get in as they are closer than Mill Park but Rosebank were deemed as too far out if not mistaken?

What are peoples thoughts on one or two new clubs joining the comp? Most likely just rumblings and rumours but interested to hear what people think..

I dont have an issue with new teams into the comp on the condition that they must start in Mash Shield and earn their stripes. No free rides up into other grades. Which I believe one of the above mention clubs have been told previously, and baulked at the idea..

Having strong clubs come to the DVCA is only a good thing. Providing it's not stretching out travel times. They must be in the area.

I dont have an issue with new teams into the comp on the condition that they must start in Mash Shield and earn their stripes. No free rides up into other grades. Which I believe one of the above mention clubs have been told previously, and baulked at the idea..

Having strong clubs come to the DVCA is only a good thing. Providing it's not stretching out travel times. They must be in the area.
Which club baulked and would Rosebank be considered in the area?

If Rivergum come across, how would greensborough feel ?
North rosebank would have to go to another comp. Doubt the club's would vote them in because of distance concerns

Rosebank and Rivergum starting in Mash Shield? Are you kidding me? Earn their stripes?
Last season Money shield accommodated a club which won 1 game and they could barely get a 2nd team on the park, how can this be competition which well run and established clubs have to earn their stripes to enter? This elitist attitude is laughable. The last teams that came into the DVCA entered into Money Shield, 1 has progressed into BS and competed strongly, another has played in a Granny and granted the other has been pretty average. None of those clubs, maybe the exception of Rosanna, were nearly as strong as Rosebank and Rivergum when they came across to the competition.

DVCA should do whatever it takes to accommodate these 2 clubs should they wish to come over. Money Shield would be lucky to have them.
Distance isn't an issue either surely, clubs travel to Whit, Mernda, Thomastown, Lalor to name a few...

Rosebank and Rivergum starting in Mash Shield? Are you kidding me? Earn their stripes?
Last season Money shield accommodated a club which won 1 game and they could barely get a 2nd team on the park, how can this be competition which well run and established clubs have to earn their stripes to enter? This elitist attitude is laughable. The last teams that came into the DVCA entered into Money Shield, 1 has progressed into BS and competed strongly, another has played in a Granny and granted the other has been pretty average. None of those clubs, maybe the exception of Rosanna, were nearly as strong as Rosebank and Rivergum when they came across to the competition.

DVCA should do whatever it takes to accommodate these 2 clubs should they wish to come over. Money Shield would be lucky to have them.
Distance isn't an issue either surely, clubs travel to Whit, Mernda, Thomastown, Lalor to name a few...
Best thing posted in years ...
There's no superiority in DVCA.

Whilst money shield has improved at the top end of the ladder, the bottom end can often be some absolutely horrible cricket that you couldn't possibly as an association advertising the standard put 2 clubs like these mentioned behind.

It's a no brainer, they'd both just have to start in money and "earn their stripes" in Barclay once they are there .

If Rivergum come across, how would greensborough feel ?
North rosebank would have to go to another comp. Doubt the club's would vote them in because of distance concerns

Why don't we let them play grading games in Mash, I think you will find the only way Greensborough will "feel" is relieved they don't have to play them again and that they have a realistic to chance to gain promotion without them in the shield. If we are serious about bringing good strong clubs into the comp then we have to be prepared to play ball, everyone here knows neither of those clubs would join if they have to start in Mash and I don't blame them.
Entry into Money shield is fair and reasonable, it would be a waste of their season and every other club in Mash' season otherwise.
Clubs may not be happy with travel to Rosebank but it is not as far as Whittlesea and at least the trip will pose as a challenge rather than a complete waste of time.

Back