Player Movements & Rumours 2016/17

To be fair , Pete Leslie will be having a whinge because it's about poor little johnny . Who cares. There's no way they should be suspended. How about they worry about things like Pete Leslie umpiring the last round in a game that's result affected his own club St Francis. He umpires NEW v research . Whose result affected the fate of st Francis. Not that it mattered but things like this can be avoided

To be fair , Pete Leslie will be having a whinge because it's about poor little johnny . Who cares. There's no way they should be suspended.
How do you know who was and wasn't whinging about it? You have no-one to blame if you break a clear DVCA policy. I'm not saying I agree with the suspensions, but you have to be pretty thick saying things like that on the DVCA radio show page.
Not that it mattered but things like this can be avoided
So it did or didn't matter? And are you inferring bias?

To be fair , Pete Leslie will be having a whinge because it's about poor little johnny . Who cares. There's no way they should be suspended. How about they worry about things like Pete Leslie umpiring the last round in a game that's result affected his own club St Francis. He umpires NEW v research . Whose result affected the fate of st Francis. Not that it mattered but things like this can be avoided

Agree that the suspensions are ridiculous, they should have all been given a warning and we move on.

How do you know who was and wasn't whinging about it? You have no-one to blame if you break a clear DVCA policy. I'm not saying I agree with the suspensions, but you have to be pretty thick saying things like that on the DVCA radio show page.

So it did or didn't matter? And are you inferring bias?

No you big dummy, it did or didn't matter ? I was referring to the result . NEW beat research and st Francis lost to Epping.

My point was had those games been closer Peter Leslie could of found himself umpiring with heart and not head. Nothing against Pete just don't think he needs to be put in that situation.

Just another stupid decision by DVCA which shows lack of thought. I personally called the DVCA on the Thursday prior once the umpires were named and then also Davo ( head of umpiring ) to which he replied ohh there's nothing to say he can't umpire. To me it was so easy to change and just a common sense issue once again

Geez if the DVCA is going to punish people for swearing on social media pages that they don't actually run and are for all intense purposes seperate entities, then let's shut the doors now because we are all guilty. I've also heard it on good authority that the head honcho wanted a 4 game ban prior to any investigation of what happened. That was until someone informed him that due process had to take place first and those charged had a right to be heard.

I resent the current administration as much as the next person on here but does anyone challenge to take over as president or to get on the exec? How exactly would one go about doing so?

Competition is a farce. The junior competition has been ruined ever since they moved from Sat morning cricket and suspending players for a bit of banter on the Cricket Show page highlights how petty it is. They appointed a media manager too and if anything the website has gone backwards!!

Banter is all good and well. But posting in a public forum that a DVCA exec member, umpire and life member take part in sexual acts with players is a dumb move. Especially when there is a social media policy out there. Ignorance is no excuse.
To be honest I haven't even read the posts so I was commenting on something I assumed was harmless. Regardless, punishment doesn't fit the crime

Geez if the DVCA is going to punish people for swearing on social media pages that they don't actually run and are for all intense purposes seperate entities, then let's shut the doors now because we are all guilty. I've also heard it on good authority that the head honcho wanted a 4 game ban prior to any investigation of what happened. That was until someone informed him that due process had to take place first and those charged had a right to be heard.
Not everyone here is silly enough to swear on pages that have something to do with the DVCA. Regardless of if you agree with the social media policy or not it is out there. Lots of people on here

Competition is a farce. The junior competition has been ruined ever since they moved from Sat morning cricket and suspending players for a bit of banter on the Cricket Show page highlights how petty it is. They appointed a media manager too and if anything the website has gone backwards!!
Can someone explain to me why there were only five teams in the DV that had an U/18s side? Am I missing an obvious reason or is that ridiculous? 5 teams from all clubs in the DV, it's bewildering.

Media manager has the cushiest gig in Victoria, what the hell does he do? Anyone know if its a remunerated position? Surely it is, what a waste of money the website still hasn't been updated since the competition preso, wouldn't that be a clear and obvious task for the media manager to do ?

Can someone explain to me why there were only five teams in the DV that had an U/18s side? Am I missing an obvious reason or is that ridiculous? 5 teams from all clubs in the DV, it's bewildering.

Media manager has the cushiest gig in Victoria, what the hell does he do? Anyone know if its a remunerated position? Surely it is, what a waste of money the website still hasn't been updated since the competition preso, wouldn't that be a clear and obvious task for the media manager to do ?

I am led to believe that it is a paid position. The comp would have been better spending money on Ansett shares.

There are two shades of thoughts in this. I am all for the banter, in fact most that know me, know that I love it. But there is a line, especially when you consider the audience and someone mentioning someone's mother followed by dropping the C-Bomb a couple of times is in poor taste. We need to remember that its not the "Senior Mens DVCA Radio Show" facebook page. There are junior kids on that page, there are women on that page, who have in the past made complaints on there about some of the comments made on there. And I don't think that some of the stuff said on there was appropriate.

But like most things DVCA Exec run, it was extremely poorly handled. With no consistency at all. There have been a number of players/members comment on the statuses in the past and have sworn, but they all escaped penalty? So why have these three been suspended this time?

Back