Player Movements & Rumours 2016/17

How about great to hear, Good bowler...or are you just throwing out accolades, still in party mode.

Speaking of party mode, any truth to the rumour only 15-20 people turned up to your clubs presentation night? something going on there
No, great bowler. Always does well against us.
No sure about presentation. I didn't go.

Obviously this isn't coming from a club point of view as I can no longer comment on that behalf but I'd be surprised if brad was at NEW. Whilst there is some friendships there , after the club paying a player good $$ then having that player not play in a semi has seen them take a different approach this year and are no longer paying anybody sign on figures or fixed payments from what I've been told. So unless he's prepared to play for incentives then he won't be there. Research it will be
Have I missed something? you no longer at NEW?

How about great to hear, Good bowler...or are you just throwing out accolades, still in party mode.

Speaking of party mode, any truth to the rumour only 15-20 people turned up to your clubs presentation night? something going on there
Harry, can confirm that there was 40-50 in attendance at presentation.

Obviously this isn't coming from a club point of view as I can no longer comment on that behalf but I'd be surprised if brad was at NEW. Whilst there is some friendships there , after the club paying a player good $$ then having that player not play in a semi has seen them take a different approach this year and are no longer paying anybody sign on figures or fixed payments from what I've been told. So unless he's prepared to play for incentives then he won't be there. Research it will be
I don't think you'd be surprised Vinny. If Baker plays for nothing and your not playing, that's a pretty substantial saving which means 20k in the kitty. A few ducks and drakes getting played here I think. I reckon you guys are into him as much or more than anyone else. Doesn't seem to be any confirmation from the Collegians re his signing which makes me think others are in the mix.

I don't think you'd be surprised Vinny. If Baker plays for nothing and your not playing, that's a pretty substantial saving which means 20k in the kitty. A few ducks and drakes getting played here I think. I reckon you guys are into him as much or more than anyone else. Doesn't seem to be any confirmation from the Collegians re his signing which makes me think others are in the mix.

Agreed definately ducks and drakes....vinnie planting some seeds to make his phone ring

Agreed definately ducks and drakes....vinnie planting some seeds to make his phone ring

I call it as I see it on here, however I stand corrected . Trav has signed at NEW but they went back on the no payment idea and he has been given x amount of dollars.

From speaking to brad at the footy before Easter there is 4 diamond valley clubs after him. 1 money shield side obviously and three Barclay. Old team mates at Rosanna are pushing pretty hard

Last edited:
You talk more sh$t than I do vinnie. They are paying him, were always paying him and he's missed a semi but didn't have the nuts to come down on him hard because he'd leave. Then there's you saying your not playing but really trying to make the phone ring.....ohhh now we understand.

I wonder how this 457 Visa thing is going to effect imports. I notice that the 421 sports visa's have already been suspended. The 408 temp work visa wouldn't do any good as it can only be used up to 3 months. Clubs might have to nurture junior talent rather than just throw money at some imports.

I wonder how this 457 Visa thing is going to effect imports. I notice that the 421 sports visa's have already been suspended. The 408 temp work visa wouldn't do any good as it can only be used up to 3 months. Clubs might have to nurture junior talent rather than just throw money at some imports.
You might get a game now Blackhawk! Bundoora will be hardest hit,they will nearly have to fold now

There goes Sammy's business.

Is this new info Blackhawk? I noticed on the immigration site that the 421 sport visa was suspended to new applications from November 2012. How or what visas have players, especially those from sub continent been arriving on of recent times?

Is this new info Blackhawk? I noticed on the immigration site that the 421 sport visa was suspended to new applications from November 2012. How or what visas have players, especially those from sub continent been arriving on of recent times?

Well I presume it is, this is the link where I got the information. I can't see an actual date on the suspension.

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/421-

If you read this, it seems Sports Umpires is an occupation now on the banned list, that was previously covered by the 421, but 'sportspersons' is still allowed on the 'short term skills' list.

http://www.afr.com/news/politics/457-visa-ban-first-step-in-immigration-crackdown-20170418-gvn2vx

How or what players have been using to arrive out here, I don't know.

Back