Problem Dragging Down The Off Side

We had our first nets on Sunday and I seemed to be bowling 75+% of my balls wide on the off side. It was remarkably consistent in its extent (I seemed to land all of them within half a metre of each other) and the length was about right and consistent, so I was wondering if anyone had some tips as to what aspects of my action to look at first to find a resolution.

I have to say nets didn't do me much good. All the batsmen where in "first day back at school" mode, and the high turn-out meant I was waiting about for five minutes between balls. Also I think the general "busy-ness" of the room was putting me off. Less than ideal and in an hour I bowled barely a dozen balls. It's frustrating but I'm afraid it's all I've got at the moment.

We had our first nets on Sunday and I seemed to be bowling 75+% of my balls wide on the off side. It was remarkably consistent in its extent (I seemed to land all of them within half a metre of each other) and the length was about right and consistent, so I was wondering if anyone had some tips as to what aspects of my action to look at first to find a resolution.

I have to say nets didn't do me much good. All the batsmen where in "first day back at school" mode, and the high turn-out meant I was waiting about for five minutes between balls. Also I think the general "busy-ness" of the room was putting me off. Less than ideal and in an hour I bowled barely a dozen balls. It's frustrating but I'm afraid it's all I've got at the moment.

If you are consistantly bowling in the same spot then it could just be a matter of alignment. If you are bowling over the wicket and turning it a bit you want to be running in and aiming towards the leg stump. The ball landing on a good length will then land in line with middle or off stump. You have to bowl on an angle across the pitch a little not parallel with the stump to stump line.
Its a bit like when a right armer is bowling over the wicket to a left hand batsman. The bowler has to angle across the pitch. When I bowl pace to a left hander I run in on an angle to the wicket but it is in a straight line between my mark the spot on the crease I want to bowl from and the keeper if I want to bowl just outside off stump.
Bowling in the nets with lots of blokes is so annoying. It doesn't give you a chance to get any rhythm and you can lose confidence when your not bowling so well.

ive been straying off side a bit lately in matches (hardly bowling any legside wides anymore, theyre mostly off side). in my case its because im rushing through my action too much. ive gone from the complete opposite of where i was before, with my upper body beating my lower body through the action and releasing early, to now releasing late because my whole body is rushing through too early. its because im trying too hard, and not relaxed enough. might be the same for you, might not. hard to tell really.

Back