Problems With Length - Leg Spin

solanki

Hi!

So, this is my first post actually seeking for drills.

As I've mentioned on my introduction post, I have been consistently practicing leg spin bowling and have been getting good at it (according to my standards! They're pretty bad).

Right now, I have a very small run up which I walk and then take two jumps and deliver. The seam is sleek and falls awesomely right on the pitch.

The problem is, I seem to get no flight (some occasional dip sometimes). I am practicing on a cement pitch. Unfortunately, the ball doesn't even spin appreciably - and most of the times it doesn't turn at all.

What could be the problem? What am I doing wrong? I have taught myself to release slowly and the ball releases with decent revolutions and a clean seam. What could be the problem? Are there any drills that I can do for practicing the release?

I have replies on the other three threads that I have posted, so what have I done wrong here?
Do post your suggestions and advice! That's why I am here!

To get the big spin you need to feel the ball gripping hard off your spinning finger as it comes out, sometimes described as 'flicking' the ball. I think there's some videos on getting your legspin going somewhere - it revolves around bowling underarm at half the pitch length, someone might be able to point you to it.

Thanks mate, that was helpful. Will probably find it in the videos and links thread.

Anyways, I guess even Bob Woolmer Videos have featured this particular bit about using underarm, then round arm and then over arm for practice of finger spinning.

Don't try to grip the ball too tightly - concentrate on flicking it hard, and you should feel the ring finger imparting a lot of revs as the ball come out of the hand.

Back