Ramprakash secures historic ton

mas cambios

Ramprakash secures historic ton

Mark Ramprakash became the 25th player to score a 100 first-class centuries with his ton in Surrey's County Championship match at Yorkshire.

Ramprakash ended his wait for a milestone he has been chasing since his last ton at the end of May.

The ex-England batsman scored more than 2,000 runs at an average of more than 100 during the 2006 and 2007 seasons.

The 38-year-old has also scored more than 30,000 runs in a career which has seen him play for Middlesex and Surrey.

The last player to achieve the feat was since Graeme Hick in 1998.

His latest century was his third of the current season and took 231 minutes off 196 balls, including nine fours and a six.

At that stage Ramprakash had put on an unbroken 226 for the second wicket with Scott Newman who was on 112.

Well done to Ramps, will probably be the last person to achieve this feat.

Re: Ramprakash secures historic ton

finally a surrey final day to be proud of, well done to ramps and hopefully it will help surrey turn round their season

I notice that he mentioned that the bat he's been using for the past 2 years broke during his 99th ton and that he's been through 5 since, trying to find the right replacement. Funny how a bit of piece can play on your mind like that.

yeah just shows how much of the game is played in the mind as well as on the pitch

It does, a fair few people have had to wait for their 100th ton as the pressure got to them.

Its a great achievement. I think someone who made 100 centuries in first class would might be able to make 25 hundreds in Tests. And thats a pretty good achievement. Its a shame that Ramprakash never did that well in International Cricket.

It does seem that once the pressure of scoring that 100th ton was off he's reverted back to the form of the past few years and scoring for fun again. 3 tons in his last 3 innings.

I watched the double century at Taunton, a brilliant innings but I still think he has a weakness against short pitched bowling.

Back