Remfry Protective Equipment

King Pietersen

sC Player of the Month June '08
Remfry Protective Equipment

Hiya Guys,

I've recently found the e-mail address and been in contact with the famous equipment manufacturer Steve Remfry about getting myself a Thigh Pad from him. He's given me the prices for the main thigh-pad and an inner thigh pad, and although they're a little expensive, I think the fact that the stuff is completely bespoke plays in Remfry's favour. As you probably know I've been interested in getting the Aero P1 Strippers, and Steve obviously doesn't rate these as his reply when I said my choice would be between his thigh pad and the aero's was: "How many players use Aero to Remfry? Say no more I guarentee my gear for 4 years!! Alec Stewart had his gear for 10 years!!" :laugh:.

The price i've been quoted from Steve was Thigh pads-$110 + Inside thigh pads-$60 + postage $30 = $200. Pretty pricey I think you'll agree. I was just wondering if anyone agrees with Steve that the Remfry gear is worth the extra price, I could get the Aero P1's for the same price as just the thigh pad from Steve. I've not got the money just yet, but when I do i'll be ordering either a Remfry thigh or the Aero P1's, which would you reccomend ?

Here's a pic of KP using the Remfry gear;
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/77...4AD9FDB9CF1936ED6F4FE2F3F40DCD2EC8E8A168EFBBA

Also, anyone on the forum got a Remfry thigh pad, or interested in one ? One more thing, anyone know where I can buy one of them inner thigh pads that KP is using ?

Cheers lads.

Re: Remfry Protective Equipment

cant see the pic matey...

be interested to though.. I Use the Aero Strippers and they were the best investment ever. so much more confidence with them on and you dont feel pain! we have to guys who bowl in the high 70's and ive not felt them through it yet!

just need to start hitting the ball as apposed to missing!

I've edited the post so that it's just the link to the pic so you can see it now if you wish. I was massively interested in getting some P1's until I became a member on CricketSupplies and saw that Remfry are so popular, especially with Pro's. Steve also seems a really cool, reliable guy, and he's been really helpful so far, just need to get the money together to order the thigh pad now. I'd like an inner aswell, but I can't afford both, thats why I was wondering if anyone knew where to buy the inner that KP's wearing ?

the only thing i have tyo ask is do you really need kit at a pro level? if you are not getting balls coming at you at 80 miles plus why spend 50 quid plus?

You could say the same about any piece of expensive kit, why buy top of the range batting gloves and leg pads ? If you spend good money on kit, it's more often than not futureproof. I don't need to spend alot of money on kit, but why not ? If I can afford it, I might aswell. I've not got anything better to spend my money on, and I love my cricket, so I might aswell get the best kit available, and Remfry kit happens to be the best protective equipment.

Heres another attempt at the link:
RemfryThighPad.jpg

I just searched Kevin Pietersen on Getty Images.

Way up the options - Price against level you play. I face 80mph+ guys and the Aero kit does the job (outer+inner for Rempfy 1 outer), it's a no-brainer.
Of course if you want to look like your idol, then you best bat in shorts, so everyone can see how much dosh you've got to throw around. Me, I went for the Citizen watch and 4X4, it was easier....

Haha, I guess you have a point, buying all the same equipment as KP won't make me bat like him, I don't think :p. I also recently ordered a shed load of Red Bull and a VW Phaeton. I think i might go for the Aero's tbh, the Remfry stuff would be nice, but you're right, I don't need them for the level i'm playing at, and they're damn expensive. I'll consider some Remfry stuff when i'm playing county cricket ;)

Or you could get some unbranded kit off ebay and write your own 'graphics' on them and keep the guys guessing.
I hope one of the pro's gets a Smart car soon, the 4X4 tax and fuel prices are killing me....

Each to their own I think when it comes to kit. The main thing is that you're happy with it and are confident that it will do the job designed for. If you've got that nailed down then you can on with worrying about the important stuff like the next ball!

As for the Remfry stuff, it is pretty good but then it has to be for the cost. One benefit of it, is that it does last so in that way you do get value for money.

I've changed my mind I think, I don't need to spend £50+ postage on a thigh pad, i've got an OK, if uncomfortable one atm, which is a hunts county one. I think I might buy a Warsop Stebbing thigh and inner thigh pad though, much cheaper at £19 for the both of them, they're used by Bopara, so they can't be bad, Warsop are the most local big company so I should try and support them in some way :p.

Warsop make some good kit. Have you got the giant County thigh pad? It's the one I use and it was a pain until it moulded to my thigh.

my aero p1 strippers a cost £25 and are great!

Arnt England squad sponsored by audi vw? Which are all leaded!

I will stick with Effi, 270bhp and 1gram under the 225gsm band!

mas cambios said:
Warsop make some good kit. Have you got the giant County thigh pad? It's the one I use and it was a pain until it moulded to my thigh.

I've got this one: http://www.cricketsupplies.com/detail.asp?productid=2365

The velcro straps are very uncomfortable and I'm always adjusting it during an innings as I can feel the velcro rubbing on my leg which is very uncomfortable. Would like a new one tbh, but it's not necessary.

I have this one:

pad%202.jpg

but in the old style (same foam design as yours) and it's a sod. Took about 3 years to get it right so reluctant to change it now. Bloody good though, been hit a few times on and never felt a thing.

Remfry is rather difficult to order as you have to send money in the post to Australia or bank transfer. Both of which are expensive to do.

It's worth looking at English alternatives for this reason, Buchanan are one and ACE Feet in Motion are another. Kev is using ACE at the moment (or was last time I saw him netting)

Buchanan can be ordered via Hawk I believe and ACE you need to email off this site http://www.feetinmotion.co.uk/

Back