Retirements/club Changes 2013/14

GUYS, Thoughts on HOW the DVCA can move forward with the 'times', as our partners in our opposite sport the 'NFL' have improved their league dramatically over the past 5 years, i feel as though the DVCA is stagnating..... Small things such as.... weekly updates on the DVCA website..... Match Reports for BARCLAY N money shield...... Even Clearances list on the website, to make everyone aware who is playing for who . weekly batting and bowling highlights...... I know Football is a growing sport / has a lot more numbers then cricket, A lot more money resulting in a lot more sponsorship . I believe these small improvements can help promote our game a little better.... thoughts?

GUYS, Thoughts on HOW the DVCA can move forward with the 'times', as our partners in our opposite sport the 'NFL' have improved their league dramatically over the past 5 years, i feel as though the DVCA is stagnating..... Small things such as.... weekly updates on the DVCA website..... Match Reports for BARCLAY N money shield...... Even Clearances list on the website, to make everyone aware who is playing for who . weekly batting and bowling highlights...... I know Football is a growing sport / has a lot more numbers then cricket, A lot more money resulting in a lot more sponsorship . I believe these small improvements can help promote our game a little better.... thoughts?

Agree, all those things on the website (among others) are simply elementary.

Instead of yawning Dave maybe get someone on your exec to ring them and find out as nobody has spoken to them in an official sense since your preso night. One has retired, 1 has gone to Lower Eltham.

I am on the exec, and spoken to all 3 within the last week. Have you ever wondered if they just used that as an excuse to you, as we both know you tried to poach them.

quote="Tongs, post: 554266, member: 9112"]How'd this work out for you?[/quote

First to admit I might have got this wrong, but money might have swayed him to have a rethink. Also Tongs are you going to apply for the TU job, it wasn't that long ago that you were keen to go there

quote="Tongs, post: 554266, member: 9112"]How'd this work out for you?[/quote

First to admit I might have got this wrong, but money might have swayed him to have a rethink. Also Tongs are you going to apply for the TU job, it wasn't that long ago that you were keen to go there

Hang on a minute, you're the first to admit that you "might" be wrong? You were flat out wrong.

Secondly, of course he is being paid. does it come as a surprise to you that ECC are paying a coach?

And thirdly, at no stage was I ever going to Thomo. You're on fire at the moment. Anything else you would like to blatantly lie about?

Good signing by Eltham, obviously the time of him winning comp medals is done, but by all reports a very good coach.

I am on the exec, and spoken to all 3 within the last week. Have you ever wondered if they just used that as an excuse to you, as we both know you tried to poach them.

Im pretty comfortable knowing what I know about whats going on. Plus I only tried to poach 1 of them. Had a good crack too when I found out he was leaving ECC. With the others, 1 we both agree is staying and the other one..... no point poaching a retired bloke!! ;)

On your new coach though well played. Very repsected coach in the comp and still got some good cricket to give Money Shield, very good signing.

Im pretty comfortable knowing what I know about whats going on. Plus I only tried to poach 1 of them. Had a good crack too when I found out he was leaving ECC. With the others, 1 we both agree is staying and the other one..... no point poaching a retired bloke!! ;)

On your new coach though well played. Very repsected coach in the comp and still got some good cricket to give Money Shield, very good signing.

Time will tell. But like most years, most blokes on here are get things wrong when it comes to guessing movements at ECC. You will be no different.

Well if you're so sure with your info, even though i have already told you that you're wrong. I'll make you a deal. If you get it wrong with the said 3, you must come play at ECC the following year. For no money. If I get it wrong, I'll come do a year at ER.

Good signing by Eltham, obviously the time of him winning comp medals is done, but by all reports a very good coach.

Cheers LP. What would his odds be winning the MS medal next year?

When are you going to tell us all about your two new players? And no, not the Eltham bloke you're chasing?

Hang on a minute, you're the first to admit that you "might" be wrong? You were flat out wrong.

Secondly, of course he is being paid. does it come as a surprise to you that ECC are paying a coach?

And thirdly, at no stage was I ever going to Thomo. You're on fire at the moment. Anything else you would like to blatantly lie about?

Don't tell fibs David, you were going to come to TU with your mate SE a couple of seasons ago. Thankfully that didn't happen as they already had one guy that stuffed the joint

When are you going to tell us all about your two new players? And no, not the Eltham bloke you're chasing?

Their two new guys are from Deniliquin, but that comp is shithouse so don't think they will take the comp by storm

Don't tell fibs David, you were going to come to TU with your mate SE a couple of seasons ago. Thankfully that didn't happen as they already had one guy that stuffed the joint

Lets be honest, you don't have the greatest track record with rumours. Maybe spend your time working out how you could help your club out of the pretty big hole they are in?

Time will tell. But like most years, most blokes on here are get things wrong when it comes to guessing movements at ECC. You will be no different.

Well if you're so sure with your info, even though i have already told you that you're wrong. I'll make you a deal. If you get it wrong with the said 3, you must come play at ECC the following year. For no money. If I get it wrong, I'll come do a year at ER.

Know all about the rumours on here each year, but never piped up about anything as I never knew. But as you said time wil tell.

Thats an interesting bet!! Knowing the "said 3" they would just change their tune to make sure I lost!!!!! :D

I don't think he is your best player let alone Money Shield's! That said, if he is fit enough to properly bowl
his medium pace, he will be a huge asset on field. His leggies are a bit hit and miss.

Not sure on recruiting at LECC mate, have heard rumours of one we may have snared. Unsure who the 'Deni" blokes are or the other you are referring to???

After much speculation and rumour. I can now officially announce that Eltham Cricket Club have signed a new coach for the up and coming season.

I am extremely pleased to say that Scott Gibbs has officially agreed to venture down to Panther Place this year and take up the captain coaching role.

Eltham have doubled the number of batsmen in their 1st XI. Pick up another 4 players and they could have a good top six.

Back