schwab2clarkson's Blog

schwab2clarkson's Blog

Meeting Mark Waugh

Posted Today at 21:24 by schwab2clarkson
When I was a youngster I had the chance to meet Mark Waugh. Now I know some people have had a bad experience when meeting and talking to Mark Waugh, but the exact opposite happened to me. I found him to be pleasent and wanting to talk to me.
I happened to be on holiday down in Warrnambool with my mum and my grandmother who unfortunately isn't alive anymore. We went out to the Maritime mueseum and restaurant which was really nice. I noticed that the cricket was on and then I saw Mark Waugh talking to his manager. I then heard something bad happen to his twin Stephen, I think it was some sort of injury. Mark got called up as a replacement for his brother.
I got to meet him after that announcement and wished him all the best.

Re: schwab2clarkson's Blog

India vs Australia

Posted Today at 11:31 by schwab2clarkson
I have been taking a keen interest in watching the Border/Gavistar cup on Fox sports 2.
It has been a really interesting series. A lot of different things have been happening. Changes to the rules where a sub can only come on to replace an injured or ill player and not because of a comfort break.
Use of a different ball. Really they should have stuck with the Kookaburra ball. They are much better to use that the shit SG ball.
Australia have gone in with an undermanned team this year. Not allowing Andrew Symonds into the squad is just plain wrong. He is just as awesome as Ricky Ponting, Brett Lee, Stu Clark and Michael Clarke.
The pitches have been pretty much in India's favour. Good flat spinning wickets.
Any way I want to know what you think of the test series so far.

Just on the test series, I was able to help out my cousin who works for Cricket Australia.
We had a massive problem due to our pace bowlers being blamed for the overrate as we were 10 overs behind and needed to catch up.

Everyone didn't know what the hell was going on. The media were complaining, whinging all about it.

Annoying.

You want to know what happened? Ok you had better be sitting down and please do not tell anyone that you guys know this.

At Tea, Chris Broad wanted to chat to Ricky Ponting about the overrate problem. Ok we get that bit.
It was during that discussion that they had we found out that there was a suspension hanging over Ricky's head. So what did we do?
Discussed it with the rest of the team. Ricky sat out for the rest of the day, weird I know, but it was feared that he was going to get banned for a week or 2.

So Pup came to the rescue, told the pacemen that they weren't allowed to bowl because of the overrate.
Sure you think it might of been a joke. Trust me it's not.

My cousin's mobile phone started ringing and we found that Ricky ponting was on the other end.
He explained both to my cousin and myself what had happened.

Because my cousin is the Welfare officer at Cricket Australia, he could discuss this situation.

He called me over to him so I can find out what is going on.

So we do know what is going on.

Spinners had to be used.

Good to read ur blog and about mark waugh- In which year did it happened?
Also ur earlier blog about ricky calling has confused me.
R u joking or is it really ur cousin in CA.
What is the job profile of a welfare officer in CA and what do u do?

Virender

Virendersingh.berthwal;280351 said:
Good to read ur blog and about mark waugh- In which year did it happened?
Also ur earlier blog about ricky calling has confused me.
R u joking or is it really ur cousin in CA.
What is the job profile of a welfare officer in CA and what do u do?

Virender
Basically the Welfare Officer is like a psychologist who is close to the playing group. However, My cousin didn't travel with the aussies to india as he was busy with finding out what was wrong with Andrew Symonds.

He received a phone call which he missed. We found out who it was and rang back and spoke to ricky and to Chris Broad. Just to find out what happened.

You might be interested in what happened. Just don't go reading the newspapers or any articles that don't know wtf is going on. People are making comments about Ponting's captaincy....:rolleyes:

I don't think you would like it if the indian community were to get stuck into MS Dhoni for his captaincy. He's a brilliant guy. He is only going about his job. Exactly what Ricky Ponting is doing.

When I met Mark Waugh, it was back in 1992. I was in Year 8. He was awesome to talk to. But I was probably too shy to actually speak with him.

Back