Second Semifinal - Australia v South Africa

C

cleazer

Second Semifinal - Australia v South Africa

Australia have absolutely shattered the South Africans to start this match.

McGrath took 3 wickets and South Africa was 27-5 after 10 overs.

Gibbs and Kemp are trying to create a partnership here, and have taken the score to 71-5 after 20 overs, but they still have a long way to go before they can feel comfortable with the scoreboard.

Re: Second Semifinal - Australia v South Africa

I got hammered with alot of work to do this last and current week. I might as well do the hammering, cause RSA sure aint!! After 24:
89/6

Tait gets Gibbs and Hall

South Africa is 93-7 after 26.1

Some of the crowd was just chanting "na na na na, hey hey hey, good bye".
I'm not sure if it was for Hall or the South African team in general.

Think they were chanting, "106-8, no thanks! We want the Yanks!"

119-8 after 36

Kemp and Nel are just trying to hang on here and drag this out

timmyj51;155914 said:
Think they were chanting, "106-8, no thanks! We want the Yanks!"

No they weren't. They were commemorating Norwegian/ Viking independence. They must have been chanting something about the year 1068 and The Franks

Spring 1068: Ignoring the Frankish danger in their back, the Scottish fleet sails to Norway and defeats there the Vikings at Frosta in a destroying battle.

Summer 1068: Franks besieges unsuccessfully Scone. The Normans are not able to conquer Gula. However Paris is conquered through the Anglo Saxons, subject the Franks. The Scots follow the Vikings and defeat their weakened army with Oslo. Thus the Norwegians are subjected.

Autumn 1068: Gula is taken by the Normans. Scottish Scone is taken by Franks. The short triumphant advance of the Scots stops. The Norwegians can proclaim their independence.

After three years of battles the Normans controls far parts of West and Northern Europe. The Scots are Vasalls of Franks, which are Vasalls of the Anglo- Saxons, which areVasall of the Normans. The only who retains their independence are the Norwegian Vikings
So what if that was some fantasy battle game some Germans were playing!?! :D God I couldn't resist.

South Africa all out for 149

Not a huge target, but Gilchrist has just fallen in the second over, and Australia are 6-1 after 2.

WTF ?!?!? Gibbs and Kemp combined totals is 88!?!? And the rest of the team scored 44 combined!?!? They got more runs off extras then the whole team save Gibbs and Kemp. Two ducks?? 22 of the first three batsman? This was worse than the Irish. What happened??

Match fixing?!?!?!

Ducks for cover looking for a place to hide...

Australia 69-2 after 15 overs.
They're almost halfway there.
And even if Hayden or Clarke fall, there's still lots of batting to come.

Chandu;155939 said:
Match fixing?!?!?!

Ducks for cover looking for a place to hide...

Now that's a thought :D Makes you wonder, I still can't believe the South Africans fell for such a low total, being the number one team according to the rankings. I'll chalk it up to one of their bad days.

DJQ You are AWESOME! Repped until I couldn't rep you anymore.

REally disappointed in the match today. Obviously the Aussie contingent will be pleased, but I was hoping to see a high-scoring, tight match. Hopefully HOPEFULLY the finals will provide what I want.

Smokey the Bear[/URL] is the one who paid them to throw it!![/FONT][/QUOTE]

I believe that's exactly what Hanse Cronje kept telling the ICC.

marlyminks;155945 said:
Now that's a thought :D Makes you wonder, I still can't believe the South Africans fell for such a low total, being the number one team according to the rankings. I'll chalk it up to one of their bad days.

They lost their number one ranking to Australia after losing to them in the group stage.

Watched most of the South African innings last night.

Was an extremely poor effort on their behalf. Smith, Kallis, Prince and Pollock all threw their wickets away through very poor shot selection. Smith and Kallis' shots were ugly, their was no need to do that at such an early stage of the match. Prince had a go at what would have been a wide and Pollock's wicket to Hogg was very soft.

Pretty average cricket from the South Africans, not much accountability was shown and it was left up to Gibbs and Kemp to salvage what was left of the innings. It turns out not a lot was left.

But to their credit, the Australians bowled beautifully, with discipline and with style. Tait took four wickets despite being a bit erractic with McGrath, Bracken and Hogg all getting amongst the wickets as well as keeping the runs to a minimum. The Aussies bowled very well last night and the result was a formaility with Gilchrsit falling cheaply and Ponting only getting a start, they were just far too good.

Last night's match was supposed to be 1 vs 2 (Australia being ranked first, South Africa second). I think it showed how far Australia is ahead of the rest of the competition, I honestly don't know how SOuth Africa managed to get the number one title for a period of time, albeit short. They were horrible last night.

I hope we can win the final.

Go Australia!! @|

Ljp86;156023 said:
They lost their number one ranking to Australia after losing to them in the group stage.

thanks for that update, I missed that one

Wilbix;155962 said:
DJQ
REally disappointed in the match today. Obviously the Aussie contingent will be pleased, but I was hoping to see a high-scoring, tight match. Hopefully HOPEFULLY the finals will provide what I want.

Would that be an Ausralian loss? :D

Back