SH Vs Long Blade Bats

brayza

SH Vs Long Blade Bats

Hi all,

Looking at getting a new stick for the upcoming cricket season...

My current bat, which has served me fairly well for the last few seasons is a GN Powerbow 1000. However, I am looking for something a bit lighter, or at least with a better pick up than that bat.

What I cant decide on is whether to get a SH or LB bat??
My current bat is a SH, but I have tried a few mates LBs in the nets, and they go alright. It should probably be noted that I am tall! About 6 foot 6in in height. Would this mean I might be better suited to a LB?

The other issue is that several of the bats i have liked at local GCCC are only available in SH, i.e. Slazenger Bradman, Puma Scultura, GM Icon/Hero DXM.

So what do you guys think? Are Long Blade bats worth considering? What are the advantages/Disadvantages Vs Short Handle sticks?

regards,
Brayza

Re: SH Vs Long Blade Bats

There are not really any advantages or disadvantage for short or long handle bats. It's a way of working out which size of bat you need. If you are an adult and are less than six foot tall then you will probably want a short handle bat, which is the standard adult size cricket bat.

If you are six foot tall or over then you will probably be more comfortable with a long handle bat. This as the name suggests just has a slightly longer handle so that the player doesn’t need to stoop/slouch so much to hold the cricket bat and play shots.

Basically it depends what is most comfortable cricket bat for you.

Back