Shane Warne Bowling Analysis

shahidpak

OK so first of all if an admin or a moderator is here i would like to tell them that i often get this weird bug when i dont see the post new thread button?

Anyway
My brother told me to come closer to the wicket and to bowl with a high arm which i didnt do and i didnt like that idea but after finding a big bash video on youtube where they were Comparing Shane Warne with a young Leg Spinner named Adam "something" so i took the video and using Kinovea and maths (finally found the use of maths) i measured the arm angle of Warne and Adam... So Warnes angle is of 70° and comes quit close to the wicket and adam has an angle of 63 ° But away from the wicket .... (They pitched the ball on the same play btw) and ignore some measurements i was just messing around with Kinovea ,,, How high is your arm when you bowl?
Shane Warne arm angle.jpg Shane Warne arm angle.jpg

Attachments

• Shane Warne Foot Landing.jpg
    Shane Warne Foot Landing.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 3
70° For Warne sorry :p

That's Adam Zampa :)

Warne was always famous for his "low" arm action, but 70 degrees isn't low! Richie Benaud completely loses the plot in one of his videos where he says that his bowling arm was around 45 degrees, and Shane Warne a little bit lower. Not a very good observation!

My bowling arm is about 80-85 degrees when I'm bowling a leg break, 90 for a top spinner, 75 for a googly, and 75 for an OBS.

Adam Zampa is clearly trying to bowl similarly to Shane Warne. I doubt if it'll work out for him on the long term, you can't mimic a genius.

Back