Shoaib recalled to Pakistan squad

Shoaib recalled to Pakistan squad

Pakistan have recalled controversial fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar for the series-deciding one-day international against South Africa in Lahore.

Shoaib, who has completed a 13-match ban imposed on him by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB), is in the squad for Monday's fifth and final one-dayer.

He is also in

From the BBC

I know that ther are a lot of Pak fans on here, so what do you think about it?

I think its a good thing as you need his fire in order to be a competive team, without him you're very average.

Re: Shoaib recalled to Pakistan squad

i think is bad because hes broken the rules everytime.....hes good player for pakistan but if he dont get banned after taking drugs and beating other player then its sad.

I can't say I agree with it but I have a feeling it's because Lawson (like many others before) feels that he control Akhtar and get the best out of him.

Let him have a go but he has to make sure that it doesn't destroy any team morale or cause further harm to the national side.

Should have been thrown out of the game.

Although he's worth keeping an eye on as you have to wonder what the muppet will do next. I mean, how deos he top smacking a team mate with a bat? Giving an umpire a wedgie?

whats the point of having rules because this guy gets off the hook everytime. i wouldnt be surprised if he does something idiotic again. hes can be a good player but hes selfish and not a team player.

The guy is a beast, like a train but without the rails.

Maybe he shouldn't be back in but why cut off your nose to spite (if like me) your beautiful face.

Pakistan need him a lot because they struggle with bowling against south africa. but i think he will do stupid things again.

pakistan should tell shoaib to go away he is a disgrace and isn't a good player, just quick.

bret lee is a good player, quicker and can do more wit the ball.

they wanted to get him to india......so they gave him only 13 match ban because he would be avalable..

DaZ said:
pakistan should tell shoaib to go away he is a disgrace and isn't a good player, just quick.

He is a disgrace but he is NOT a bad player.

without shoaib pakistan would have had a lot of trouble in this series. i think brett lee is better than him and doesnt have suspect action.

In the current ODI series against India; he hasn't been effective as expected;but by the time Test series starts in India; he might get into his full flow.
But his PR cycle is working round the clock;As he makes it a point to visit an orphanage/school or junior college and interact with people.
Maybe trying to cleanup his bad boy image ::).
Lawson is confident of handling him properly;let's hope he is successfull.
Shoaib maybe down and out in bowling but he has the capacity to make a strong comeback :thumbup1:.

I did see that he wanted to visit Sonjay Dutt (?) in prison.

Kinda of like a bad boy going to see anothe bad boy.

Agree that he hasn't been great in this series, maybe the tests will bring the best out in him.

sanjay dutt is not bad like shoaib. he was unfairly sentenced he shouldnt be in prison but thats another story. shoaib is working very hard on improving his image by doing good things. if he has actually improved then i respect him.

swghayward79 said:
I did see that he wanted to visit Sonjay Dutt (?) in prison.

Kinda of like a bad boy going to see another bad boy.

Agree that he hasn't been great in this series, maybe the tests will bring the best out in him.

:laugh:
That was a Good One.
India has won the ODI series by 3-2.
With Tendulkar in good form and Shoaib hungry for wickets and Success as well :p.
The upcoming Test Match Series will be exciting to watch
:)

he took all the 4 wickets that india lost in the 2nd innings :eek: its clear that how important shoaib is to pakistan they will let him off even if he beats up a umpire.

Forget beating the Umpire.
Today even if he kills his own team-mate; he will allowed to play :laugh:;as we can clearly see Pakistan has a weak bowling attack.His presence in the middle will be beneficial to the team :)

i think he only has fever not any injury.....but i think he dont deserve to play....icc should do something how can they allow a player to break so many rules.

Back