shot selection

redondo

shot selection

i have a question about facing fast bowlers and about shot selections. The question is that after the bowler releases the ball i get confused and thinks alot which shot to play till the last moment. So what would you guys recommend me to do.

thanks

Re: shot selection

Dont try to think to much. Find out what shots you can play best and then depending on where the ball pitches try to play the shot.

try to play the ball more on instinct, if the ball is full play it with a vertical bat, if short play horizontal

Try Knocking Practice in the Nets with Ur friend or teammate throwing the balls from the distance of Half Pitch.
The more practice u do the more confident u will be.
Also refer to the batting column for more knowledge on batting skills.
Best of Luck :)

what spinwizz said was right, most of the time against fast bowlers some batsmen play
by instinct. if you can follow the ball your body & bat will follow it. but remember to watch the ball if not you'll snick it to the keeper

Don't confuse yourself by thinking too much. As spinwizz said rely on your instinct and your strengths. Dont try to play extravagant shots. Once you get your shot selection right then you can think of the placement. Look at a few batting drills posted here they might help you.

Back