Sidearm

Re: Sidearm

I like it but it takes time to get used to it. I was chatting to Ian Bell about it and he said the same thing, plus you often see Gooch and a few of the other England coaches walking about with their sidearms!

i bought a Sidearm Pro at the back end of the season. not had a chance to use it properly yet as im the only player at my club that even bothers to practice at all i think lol, let alone practice outside of the pre season! it doesnt feel too tough to use, but its going to take some practice to get it consistent. im rather hoping some of the other players might learn how to use it with me so that i can be on the receiving end of deliveries from it to work on my batting. our club doesnt have a bowling machine, and the bowlers are pretty erratic in nets, so its hard to work on basic technique unless we go to the indoor cricket centre, but that works out very expensive.

TonyM;409891 said:
Name dropper :rolleyes:

A little but it was more that I was impressed that professional players were using it and seemed in favour of it. I'll ignore Gooch as he is obviously the face of the sidearm but to see others using it was a decent recommendation.

yeah it is really good i bought one as soon as they came out 3 lads at our club have ordered them since its really good for nets especially now we are back indoors in the uk.

Errrm... this is a thing to throw balls to dogs yeah? I get one free with every big bag of dog food I buy.

Errrm... this is a thing to throw balls to dogs yeah? I get one free with every big bag of dog food I buy.

In essence yes, in practice no. The whole thing is bigger, more robust and comfortable to use. The plastic is a lot thicker, with less give in it, meaning you can propel cricket balls at a good rate. I had my doubts but after using it a fair bit, I'm impressed.

Back