Sometimes i miss the fast ball

Hitterman

Sometimes i miss the fast ball

Its a lack of confidence or something else ,i don't know. Whenever i try to play fast ball at the off side , i miss it completely. Any suggestions dude about this?

Re: Sometimes i miss the fast ball

are you having trouble seeing it? or picking it?

or are you just missing it? down to timing?

but you dont have problems on normal deliveries?

is this just on one particular bowler or every bowler?

What's your backlift like? After reading some advice on here, having my backlift ready before the ball was bowled has helped me with the faster deliveries

possibly use a backlift like madbunny said !

i'm a great believer in playing the ball as late as possible even to faster bowlers!my bat will be horizontal with the stumps as the bolwer bowls!

i think hes struggling to cope with the pace. having a lower backlift is a good as you'll be able to meet the ball in time. if you have access to bowling machines then try gradually increasing the pace as you get better.

or maybe its just timing, just needs to play his shot earlier! i'm unconvinced a lower back lift will always solve it!

It's hard to say without seeing you in action but backlift may well be the issue.

Make sure your backlift comes back straight in line with the stumps, no higher than the top of the stumps, with the back of the bat facing towards the square leg umpire.

I often find that if the backswing is not right, the bat is not coming through straight enough to play off side shots. With slower bowlers you have more time to adjust but with the quicks if it's not right you'll probably not have enough time to get the bat coming through correctly.

Stand in front of a mirror and check where your backswing goes to.

mirrors really are usefull. i used to use one for shooting. Practising my pick up form 45 degrees to POint of aim!

i'm sure someone else will say it as well! but Timing is all down to practice!

Get a friend to some throw downs in the nets on the OFF side.
Try practicing with that and check for yourself.
Maybe it will be helpful to you.
Update abt it.

Back