South Africa in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: South Africa in India

Wow, what happend to the indian batting? you guys got blown away, south afriac have a great chance taking a lead in thies series.

I can't say that I'm surprised with the disappointing batting performance. Even when they scored 627 in the first test, Sehwag's and Dravid's innings made up the bulk of it.

I think we need to go back to Karthik as the opener in tests. He top-scored in the test series against England, had a couple of bad tests against Pakistan, and was dropped. The middle-order also seems weak at the moment and I think Badrinath should be tried. He's been a consistent, Hussey-like performer in domestic cricket and at 28, he's mature enough to come in and be an immediate factor for the team.

I agree with what Dale Steyn said in the press conference. India looked like they didn't have any game plan. I think they were expecting another sleeping beauty and were disappointed by the pitch and that played too much on their mind. India will be hoping that they limit the South African lead to 200-250 but I think the current lead itself is more than enough. I get the feeling that Steyn is going to wreck havoc in the second innings too.

Do you think India are suffering from a bit of a post-Australia hangover? That series was pretty intense and it must be hard to get psyched up for the current series?

I think they are being complacent. In Australia, they knew they couldn't afford to be complacent because the conditions and the bowling attack would be hostile. While at home, the conditions are expected to favour the batsmen. It gives them the opportunity to score a few 100's and inflate their average.

lol didnt this team actually win at Perth. They were completely clueless yesterday. and they are supposed to be the number 2 team in the world ::)

Nothing working for India today. I think South Africa has taken the game completely away from India now. De Villers just got his century and Kallis should get it after lunch too.

South Africa look set to pile up a huge score. Both Kallis and AB De Villers have batted superbly. They must be looking to bat just once in the match. They should end up with a lead of 400 if they bat for the whole day. The only hope for India now is to bat for the next two days but I doubt thats going to happen.

Kallis out. Well played by him, came in at a very important stage of the innings and once again has been the rock off the SA innings around which the rest can bat. He's now scored 30 tons. De Villiers still there and has to stay there to increase that lead even more. It was a wonderful partnership by De Villiers and Kallis. Hopefully Boucher can continue where he left off in Chennai.

South Africa has batted well on this pitch. India lost all the wickets in just the first session yesterday but South Africa showed how to fight on this track. Even if South Africa declare now they will easily win the match. This is torture if you are a Indian fan but they deserve to lose.

Boucher departs but it doesn't really matter. South Africa are in a very strong position. I think India would do well if they can limit the lead to 400 from here.

AB de Villiers has played a great innings. He deserves to get a double ton.

AB said:
AB de Villiers has played a great innings. He deserves to get a double ton.

I hope the tail can support him to the landmark. Morkel's just gone, hopefully Steyn & co. see him through and also get SA to the 400 run lead.

Thats it, got it. Well played AB de Villiers. Next target the 400 lead. I think Smith might declare once SA get there and have a few overs at the Indian batsmen before the close.

There is his maiden double hundred. I wonder when Kallis will get his. He had a great opportunity today but failed to get it yet again. Nonetheless, he surpassed Bradman's tally of 29 hundreds, which is no mean feat.
I think AB de Villiers will cut loose now as there isn't much batting to come.

Well rain stopped the torture for India today. If it rains for a day then India might escape with draw but else south africa are in firm control

A first double ton for AB de Villiers (something that Kallis still can't manage). As AB says earlier, I think he'll cut loose in the morning and we may have an hour or so of swinging bats as South Africa try to completely bat India out of the game.

I am very surprised that it rained. Rains don't start in India until June. I don't think the unseasonal rain will bother the Indian team but its got to rain a lot more if they want to save the game.

Do you think India are suffering from a bit of a post-Australia hangover? That series was pretty intense and it must be hard to get psyched up for the current series?

That's probably part of it. Injuries are another. The presence of Tendulkar is pretty crucial to the stability of the batting order and I doubt India would have folded for a sub-100 score if he had been playing. The bowling has also looked dull without Ishant Sharma and Zaheer Khan. I don't know why they picked RP Singh after his lacklustre performance in the first innings. He hasn't recovered fully from his injury.

It looks like the weather won't play a factor in the remaining days. South Africa can declare tomorrow morning or continue to build the lead and either way, barring a miracle in the magnitude of Kolkata, India will be looking down the barrel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back