South Africa tour England

Re: South Africa tour England

No VBookie for this test?

Added 1 hour(s), 23 minute(s) and 9 second(s) later...

"AH", thinks Michael Vaughan, "A Steyn free innings".

Gunther has other ideas :)

Jack;28432 said:
3 english wickets at lunch, And Nel almost got a hattrick!:D

Cook & Bell batting well though.. the saffies were lucky to get Strauss (hit wicket)..

I wtill expect England to post close to 400.. let's say 387??:thumbup1:

After winning the toss and electing to bat;England managed a low score of 231 runs.
That will be tough to bowl out SA in less then 231.
How Monty will bowl that is also important.
Generally how does the wicket behave as the day progress considering there are 4 days more.

Not much happening at the moment - all the seamers are knackered as they were going full tilt in anticipation of bad weather ... which hasn't materialised. Paul Collingwood came on as a relief bowler to hold down one end - and was hit out of the attack in 2 overs ::) He's not having the easiest time of it these days.

Added 2 hour(s), 2 minute(s) and 23 second(s) later...

That was a fantastic bit of cricket there!!! Flintoff and Kallis going toe-to-toe, and it was a real brawl. Flintoff coming out on top eventually.

Take THAT 20-20!

a good days play just got back from watching it live :), can't believe they put the covers on just because its spotting with rain, it is england after all. Overall a good days play, pretty even ,sa still favourites, prince still looks good england can't get him out. That spell from freddy after tea was something though

Freddie just showed why Test cricket rules all other forms. Where can you find that in the shorter formats, its just not the same. Great stuff Freddie, keep it up

Oh for the love of God. I wish the selectors would make their bloody minds up, do we want to play with four bowlers or five? You can't keep chopping and changing it.

Yeah, I personally thought Broad was a bit unlucky to be dropped in the last test - he was no worse than any of the other bowlers at Headingley, and he is consistently scoring 50+ runs against one of the best bowling attacks in the world, something half our top order couldn't do!
I personally reckon we need 5 bowlers - both Flintoff and Broad are good enough to get hundreds on their day, so can be considered batsmen, so realistically we have seven batsmen (well, six and Ambrose, who surely must be playing his last test if Prior gets some runs in the ODIs - he's just not an international quality batsman, and his keeping isn't enough to make up for it.), so if we can't get some runs this time, there's no hope for us!
Bowling-wise, I like the inclusion of Harmison, as it means we now have a lot of bowlers who are capable of blowing a side out of the water on their day - We saw what Anderson can do on his day against New Zealand, Flintoff is capable of doing the same, and if Harmison can find the form that he had a couple of years ago when he was taking 6-fors and 7-fors, he'll be a welcome addition. Broad isn't quite the same, but he does seem to have a habit of winkling out 'in' batsmen.

As much as I want to believe otherwise I just see Harmison getting spanked all over the shop and leaving the work load to the other bowlers.

2 in 2 for Harmison! 3 in 8 for England...

Maybe Harmison just needed a short sharp shock to refocus him... or maybe I'm reading too much into this too early. A 93mph inswinging yorker isn't bad in anyone's books though!

And as I type, Jimmy's gone and got another one! SA 118-5

Back