South Africa vs New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: South Africa vs New Zealand

New Zealand are an embarrassment at the moment, all out for 136 and showing that they have no love of sheer pace, Steyn with 20 in the series at 9.20!

No surprise that he is man of the match and series.

Saying that New Zealand haven't played a test for almost a year so there was always going to be some rust coupled with the injury list but they should still have done better.

Some worries for South Africa as well, only Amla and Kallis scored runs the rest scratched around, Smith looking really out of sorts.

Poor series in my view, and not a good advertisement for test cricket at all.

yeah its not been the most entertaining series because kiwis played like school boys. dale steyn, kallis and amla were awesome but they weren't up against quality opposition. i think amla still needs to prove himself against top teams. it was a cakewalk for us.

I saw bits of the game and to be honest New Zealand are shockingly bad. Their batting was shocking and the whole country should feel let down. On another note it looked very empty on most days of the matches.

What a waste of time, South Africa hardly got out of second gear and they still won without breaking a sweat.

The ICC needs to sort out the test calendar, it's not good having teams like New Zealand not playing tests for almost a year.

new zealand are in a good position currently. i think the one dayers will be much closer than the test series. i think south africa should win this though.

an unbelievable catch by mccullum and a big wicket too. 2 big wickets by kyle mills in this over has turned the game around. the crowd has really gone quiet. the match is turning out be closer than i expected. can new zealand hold their cool

11 required from the last over. This has been a really thrilling match. New Zealand should win this in my opinion. Gillespie to bowl the last over. Can Boucher pull this off?

amazing batting by Nel. 9 runs of 3 balls really amazing. we were poised to win but managed to make a mess out of it but nel turned out to be the unlikely hero.

very exciting match. this series should be a cracker. awesome hitting by Nel. the match seemed lost at 9 off 3 balls but nel smashed not 1 but 2 back to back fours. got to feel for gillespie but he failed to hold his cool in the end. i can understand the crowd being biased as thats the case in most countries but the commentary was extremely biased. i think i even saw a message on the big screen like "SA you are the champs". now thats really shocking.

Cracker of a game for what i saw.But why did Gillespie choose to come over when he did so well bowling round the wicket?

unbelivable figures for mills. nz must be absolutely shocked that nel managed 9 off the last 3 balls. great entertainment.

It was a thriller. From what I could see the attendance wasn't that great. Hopefully after seeing how close this game was more people will come in for the next game. Gillespie was a bit unlucky, the South Africans had a bit of luck going for them, but still they batted very well.

I just saw the highlights very exciting match. South africa bowled very well. How played well but very slow. I think andre nel should been the man of the match.

theres too much of a delay between matches. 3 days is fine. i hope there is a decent crowd in for the next match.

deer said:
theres too much of a delay between matches. 3 days is fine. i hope there is a decent crowd in for the next match.

Crowd was decent for the game on Sunday was it not?

Dikon said:
Crowd was decent for the game on Sunday was it not?
there were still a few of empty stands. id expect a full house for an odi. new zealand arent the best of sides but in odis they are a lot more competetive.

Well, it's taken a while but New Zealand have finally won a game in South Africa!

Batting first South Africa made 209, mainly thanks to Pollack, Bouche and Nel. In reply, New Zealand passed it for the loss of 3 wickets, with McCullum and How both passing 50.

New Zealand have played very well in both the games. How seems to be a good find for them. McCullum in particular was impressive in this match. It was a comprehensive win for New Zealand.

lol new zealand dominated the match. keeps the interest in the series. my money is on nz to win the series they have performed well throughout.

Gibbs was awesome yesterday. the bowlers did well to restrict them to a low score but the way gibbs batted even 300 wouldnt have been enough. disappointing tour for new zealand. they won only one match in the entire tour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back