Spin Bowling Coaching

someblokecalleddave

Here's a thread title that'll no doubt drive traffic this way!!! I've just found some footage of Monty Panesar coaching some kids at a club in Australia. For me this is interesting in that he's focusing on one specific aspect and in this case its arm speed and the use of the leading arm to help generate arm speed. The other interesting aspect is that he associates with length too. What do we all reckon - useful or not and is this something others would encourage if they were coaching?

Here's a thread title that'll no doubt drive traffic this way!!! I've just found some footage of Monty Panesar coaching some kids at a club in Australia. For me this is interesting in that he's focusing on one specific aspect and in this case its arm speed and the use of the leading arm to help generate arm speed. The other interesting aspect is that he associates with length too. What do we all reckon - useful or not and is this something others would encourage if they were coaching?

I think some things will work for some people and not for others, because everyone's different. It will probably be useful to some people but it might not be for others.

His advice is not incorrect per se, but whether or not they were doing what he was saying had very little bearing on whether they got it right or not and whether or not he praised them.

Unfortunately there are so many little things that can go right or wrong that it is hard to see improvement on a ball by ball basis by simply isolating some arbitrary factor like he has here.

Back