Spin bowling on a fast Track

Spin bowling on a fast Track

Tomorrow we are having a match with a team of strong batting lineup(up to number-8).
I checked the pitch and it seems to be a fast bowler's paradise.
Being the main spinner;i have few queries about spin bowling on these kind of pitches.
Other than the basic stuff of keeping the line and length perfect,make him drive,varying the pace etc..because the batsmen is bound to charge against spinners.
I am looking forward to some more tips/advice from you all :)

Re: Spin bowling on a fast Track

It seems like you have it sorted in that you're already thinking about the basic stuff.

Maybe you should try varying your lenght and using any bounce that the pitch has to offer. A top spinner leaping at you with pace is hard to deal with.

Yeah u are right; but i am looking forward from our forum friends.
Who knows an unexpected one just clicks.
Always open to suggestions :)

Other than that I think it's mental, you have to think out the batsman. I like the old trick of bowling one ball from in line with the umpire, can surprise the batsman and make him wary of it (only use this once in a game though). Im sure I've seen it mentioned on here before though.

Another trick, legal but maybe not in the interest of fair play is to wear a white wrist band on your bowling arm - it can make the batsman take his eye of the ball as it follows the brighter object.

Not really bowling 'bowling' tips but little things that can help to swing things your way when the conditions are working against you.

well if they are looking to charge the best is to slip a wide one in instead of bowling shorter length. they will most probably miss the ball and if the keeper is good enough he will take the bails off.

you might not get much spin from the wicket so it would be good to vary the pace and bowl an odd quicker delivery like kumble to decieve the batsman.

If you succeed on this type of pitch, then it shows you have the nous to be a good bowler.

It will be a stern test of your mental game when it comes to bowling. If it is going to be a decent pitch, then the onus is on you to make sure you are capable of rising to the challenge.

Like Stan said, don't like the batsmen settle and don't allow them to pre-empt where you are going to pitch the ball. Vary your pace and flight, and have a more defensive approach than when bowling on a pitch offering something. Build pressure and force mistakes.

Virendersingh.berthwal said:
Well the Match ended pretty fast.
My fast bowlers did the job and bowled out the whole team in 57 runs.
For details read my blog
:)

For 57! I guess you didn't get much of a bowl then?

Almost_Austwick said:
Have just read your blog - loved the bit about telling the other captain about the pitch!
:D Thanks; I was amazed with his knowledge in terms of reading the wicket.Any ways it helped me
:laugh:

Rohitpatel said:
Great trick Virender :laugh: Did you get the ball to spin on that track?
I bowled only one Over and that too it was more of finishing the tailenders with quicker ones.
The wicket was not favourable to spinners.

Back