sponsorship

Re: sponsership

To be honest unless you're a stand out player then any sponsorship at that level is likely to be minimal.

Companies tend to favour young players; normally those who are in county age group teams. The sponsorship levels improve the higher you go (West of England/England school boys etc) but it depends largely on who is offering it.

As for adults, well, the same apply really. If you play in the top level amateur leagues with a chance of higher honours you may well get some form of sponsorship but it will likely take the form of a discount on price rather than free kit. Even if you play county then it is not a given that you'll get freebies, although you will probably have some form of sponsor.

If you think you may have a chance then you need to cobble together a cover letter and cricketing CV (for example) and start contacting companies. Two approaches to take here, either go for the really big, well known ones or small/new companies. The ones in-between are unlikely to offer anything.

Of course, if companies are approaching you then you're sorted!

have u heard ofvenom cricket so that would a small new brand and kooka big

and like 45% off each thing u buy

and do they just have serten month or email going wandering a bout sponsership and wait

legspinking;395715 said:
have u heard ofvenom cricket so that would a small new brand and kooka big

Venom would be a smallish company and Kookaburra big. Although there are a lot of companies out there to try!

legspinking;395715 said:
and like 45% off each thing u buy

Depends on the company to be honest. Some will be as low as 5% and others more; as I said it depends on how good you are. Think of it this way, they are not sponsoring you out of the goodness of their hearts but in the hope that you become well known and end up advertising the brand for them. They are also looking for loyalty - sponsor a junior player and hopefully he'll stick with your brand all the way through his life.

legspinking;395715 said:
and do they just have serten month or email going wandering a bout sponsership and wait

Again, depends on the company. Check their website, some will have more information on sponsorship they offer. Others will just have a general email but most will reply offering more advice.

A load of the smaller companies will offer a 'sponsorship' to players of all abilities.

That basically means you buy all their kit and they'll knock anything from 20-50% off.

I recently got sponsored by Vulcan cricket, a small make in England. I play county age group get 25% off and if I help to sell equipment then I get free equipment at the end of the season!

From personal experience the best way is to research on google and then just drop them a quick email enquiring about sponsorship. At worst they can only say no sorry we don't sponsor! So what the heck? Give it a go!

I was emailed by a small, Notts company at the beginning of the year looking for county players. They were offering up to 40% off their top of the range equipment and ProSkins.

Check with your coaches, they may have received similar emails.

However, it might be worth thinking about winter sales; you can often get more off... if you are not too worried about being 'state of the art'.

Re: sponsorship

iam waiting on slezenger & email venom they offered 10 pecent off and slezenger a kit
also asked kookaburra and bomber cricket no reply yet though oh slezer will tell be by the 15 april wish me luck lol:D:confused::)

To be honest your better off approaching the distributors of the Kit as opposed to the manufacturers. We have a sponsorship deal in place for our club with the Disty who supplies all of our Kookaburra Gear!

legspinking;399968 said:
what do u mean

When I was cycling I had a sponsor. Instead of approaching Slazenger or Dunlop for sponsoring, I approached Cycle World, the local bike shop and they sponsored me. Then they paid for their advertising through equipment from their shop, which included all the good brands. I effectively had a sponsorship deal with Giant Racing Technology, as I used all their equipment, but never approached the company itself.

So instead of approaching Kookaburra say for sponsorship, approach your local cricket store, then if you manage to get sponsorship from them you will have a choice of Kookaburra gear from their store.

Not sure if what I said is exactly what Stumped means, but it's what I'd do. Perhaps there are other distributors around and not just shops.

Drop in a line to both of them. Whether they are locally owned doesn't matter as the manager of the franchise still runs things locally so it should be alright. They are the places I would approach.

Back