Sri Lanka In New Zealand 14/15

If NZ is looking to the future Michael Bracewell might be worth a shot, otherwise we are back to Guptill. Unfortunately they are going to give Rutherford another go, he has to be dropped until he starts to get his footwork and shot selection right but they love him for some reason.

Yes Michael Bracewell looks good but still very new and young to bring into international cricket. I'd get him playing on the NZ A tours for a couple of seasons first I think. It payed off waiting a bit with Latham.

Yes Michael Bracewell looks good but still very new and young to bring into international cricket. I'd get him playing on the NZ A tours for a couple of seasons first I think. It payed off waiting a bit with Latham.
Just looked up his profile, 23yo and 35 FC games with 2,300 runs at an average of 41. They may have to get him in sooner rather than later before FC cricket stagnates his development.

Actually they may be looking at Brownlie as well, forgot he was in the squad.

Just looked up his profile, 23yo and 35 FC games with 2,300 runs at an average of 41. They may have to get him in sooner rather than later before FC cricket stagnates his development.
Well not many other options at the moment. Jeet Raval is another I guess if they want youth.

Actually they may be looking at Brownlie as well, forgot he was in the squad.
Yeah he would be my choice if they just wanted someone for one Test.

If NZ is looking to the future Michael Bracewell might be worth a shot, otherwise we are back to Guptill. Unfortunately they are going to give Rutherford another go, he has to be dropped until he starts to get his footwork and shot selection right but they love him for some reason.
It's been a tradition for New Zealand to have an opener in their sides with zero footwork for as long as I can remember!

Sangakkara carving New Zealand up..

Need to at least get Herath at the other end and finish of the tail before the lead gets to big, already 53.

Really blowing out for NZ lead now 115 and still only 8 down. Really drifting out of the game if they don't end it soon.

NZ 5 down with a lead of 108 with Williamson and Watling set, hopefully end up being a good finish to the game.

What sort of lead do you reckon you will need on this wicket? Something like 250+ and you should be in with a good chance to win.
250+ would make it interesting but I'd say 300 might put some uncertainty in SL as to whether defence or attack is the best option. 300 would need Williamson and Watling to pit on another 100 and then the tailenders to middle a lot.

Williamson and Watling continue to put us in a good position. Sri Lanka will be ruing all the dropped catches.

EDIT: 351 for 5
Lead of 216

I wake up to them this morning crapping on about cork or something..

Anyways NZ look to be in a great position now, I wonder when they will declare. Still a fair bit of time left I guess.

I wake up to them this morning crapping on about cork or something..

Anyways NZ look to be in a great position now, I wonder when they will declare. Still a fair bit of time left I guess.

It was about darts earlier...

They'll try get 300 and put SL in after tea I think.

Highest 6th wicket partnership of all time! BJ Watling also has the second highest with Brendon McCullum and at the same ground..

Williamson's first double century and Watling is the only player ever to play the game who has both the highest and the second highest partnership for any wicket.

Declaration has happened.

Back