Sri Lanka in West Indies

Status
Not open for further replies.

mas cambios

Sri Lanka in West Indies

Another low key tour here with both teams looking to rebuild somewhat. Should be reasonable series though, I'll be putting my cash on Sri Lanka for the win though. Fixtures will be:

March 2008

Mon 17 - Wed 19
Guyana President's Select XI v Sri Lankans
Match drawn

Sat 22 - Wed 26
1st Test - West Indies v Sri Lanka

Sat 29 - Mon 31
West Indies A v Sri Lankans

April 2008

Thu 3 - Mon 7
2nd Test - West Indies v Sri Lanka

Thu 10
1st ODI - West Indies v Sri Lanka

Sat 12
2nd ODI - West Indies v Sri Lanka

Tue 15 Floodlit Match
3rd ODI - West Indies v Sri Lanka

Re: Sri Lanka in West Indies

anyone following this? seems to be slow going by Sri Lanka at th emoment. Good ton by the opener though, not going to even attempt the spelling :laugh:

West Indies got off to a promising start and it looked to be heading for a draw but they lost way too many wickets after lunch. Sri Lanka should easily win the match from here.

i havent got anything to do so im watching this at the moment. its an interesting game. this pair looks like they'll get out soon but they have done a good job until now.

well there it is taylor is out. the new ball has done the trick.

2nd test, first day interrupted by rain but Sri Lanka in so-so position at 217-5 at stumps.

I reckon that if they can get to 320 - 350 it could be enough to put the squeeze on the West Indies.

Looking like it could be a very good game this one. SL looked like that had put a decent total on the board, but I can see WI getting a small lead which will make for a very exiting match. WI will be disappointed their batsmen didn't go on, as if that was the case they would have been in a much stronger position by the end of the day, as it is it could go either way.

yeah vaas and smaraveera are batting too well...the game is running away from west indies....they should keep it under 225 because they have to face murali

252 is going to be a challenging total especially with Murali bowling on the fourth day. West Indies let Vaas score too many runs.

It's going to depend on how they start, if they lose early wickets then they have a tendency to panic and collapse. A 100+ opening partnership would help to steady nerves.

You may well be right Jon, a couple of early wickets and they may well collapse for a total around the 140 mark. How they play Murali will be vital.

looking balanced at the minute i like the way that they are not letting murali bowl maiden, after maiden after maiden

They've managed to win the match and draw the series. Sarwan and Chanderpaul put up a match winning partnership of 157. They negotiated Murali very well. It took him 22 overs to get his first wicket of the innings and it was very late by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back