St. Kevins are a bunch of cheats

Re: St. Kevins are a bunch of cheats

the scotch Vs St Kevins game was witness to a simply disgraceful display of sportsmanship from the st kevins boys. Claiming the scotch no.3 batsman when the ball clearly fell short of first slip, then arrogantly admitting it to their coach is both disgraceful and despicable. U would have thought a Catholic education would have taught them better, but maybe not.
Hopefully scotch wipes the floor with them

mate i dont know how u think catholocism would do them any good. all it has been known for in history is lying and cheating people. dirty f&*kin skevs especially griffo i expected much better from him having played vic 17s but know hes just an absolute cockface

gamebreaker;208380 said:
mate i dont know how u think catholocism would do them any good. all it has been known for in history is lying and cheating people. dirty f&*kin skevs especially griffo i expected much better from him having played vic 17s but know hes just an absolute cockface

couldnt agree with you more on that one gamebreaker.
Bloody catholics
Well we are all hoping karma comes back and bites those ****sticks in the arse tomorrow

if i remember rightly, no1 told our coach that it had touched the ground. it was up to the umpire to give it out, he gave it out. get over it and stop thinking ur hard dun by, the batsman wasnt in any position to claim that it had bounced, by the time it reached the catcher, he was probably still trying to find wher the ball went. its fair enough that he stood his ground, but he was given out by an umpire that was in a good position to see if it was out.

stop having a go at st kevins just because you didnt make many runs this week. scotch are in no position to talk about morals and values, and have already been warned by the umpire twice in half an hour for sledging and having a go at the batsman.

derek is rated as one of the best umpires in the aps, and he gave it out. get over it.

ok mate. how come your coach told our coach that the bloke who caught it on the half volley said he didnt catch it. i think we are playing a new rule this week. one hand one bounce... as for being warned. all that was said was 'how about you have a swing, you could be the hero'. how that is offensive to any batsmen i do not know. tell me if you were in our position you wouldnt be angry. it was a complete joke

Shut up Scotch! How dare u doubt the decision of Derek, the greatest umpire the aps has ever seen. Not just a great umpire but also a top bloke!

actually griffo did admit that it fell short to your coach. Our batsmen at the time (Wolfe and Mather) heard him admit it during the drinks break. but can't blame a poor batting performance on that one dismissal. Although Skevs did bowl reasonably well.

Donuts, not disputing at all that Derek is a top bloke, but i do think his umpiring isn't that much to be talked about. I.e today when Hoppe was bowling to Van Den Broek, Hoppe bowled at least 3 genuine no balls (overstepping) in one over. These weren't just close calls they were all a good 5-10 cms over the crease. Top bloke though, probably one of the most hilarious characters you will meet on a cricket field.

derg;208390 said:
if i remember rightly, no1 told our coach that it had touched the ground. it was up to the umpire to give it out, he gave it out. get over it and stop thinking ur hard dun by, the batsman wasnt in any position to claim that it had bounced, by the time it reached the catcher, he was probably still trying to find wher the ball went. its fair enough that he stood his ground, but he was given out by an umpire that was in a good position to see if it was out.

stop having a go at st kevins just because you didnt make many runs this week. scotch are in no position to talk about morals and values, and have already been warned by the umpire twice in half an hour for sledging and having a go at the batsman.

derek is rated as one of the best umpires in the aps, and he gave it out. get over it.

bottom line...the umpire shouldnt have had to make a decision, st kevins are a bunch of dirty unsportsmanlike micks who should learn some ********ing morals...you dont claim a catch when it bounces a foot infront of you, and how is square leg a good position to judge if a ball carried to first slip...think about what you type before you type it

ladys ladys ladys, get over ur little argument, thats cricket, some times u get them and they are called out sometimes they arnt. eg. charlie shaw: in the ********in news paper, and Wesley didnt pay him out, so get over it. DEREK was umpireing this game as well, he was at Square Leg, LOL.

A ROW has broken out over an anonymous email that has accused an elite school's cricket captain of bad sportsmanship.

The email accuses Melbourne Grammar captain Charles Shaw of failing to live up to cricket's time-honoured tradition of "walking" when clearly dismissed.
Shaw did not walk after an appeal for a controversial catch at gully in an Associated Public Schools match against Wesley College.

The boy had scored about 30 when he hit the ball hard and low to gully. He stood his ground against the fielders' appeal and was given the benefit of the doubt by the umpire.

He went on to make a match-winning 107 runs.

Yesterday, he was defended by his headmaster, former test cricketer Paul Sheahan. He said: "A parent using an anonymous email to impugn the character of a student is scandalous and cowardly."

And the rising star denied he was out when shown the unsolicited email.

"I don't know who has written this, but it's an absolute joke," Shaw said.

Mr Sheahan said the allegations were false and that he had no respect for "anonymous allegations".

Mr Sheahan, who made 81 on debut for Australia against India in Adelaide in 1967, said Shaw was scrupulously fair and honest. He said he had not been able to see whether the ball was caught or not, so he was absolutely right not to walk.

The email says Shaw refused to "walk" when the umpires had no line of sight and he was "clearly" caught.

And the local spat has caused division among cricket's greats.

Former International Cricketer of the Year Simon O'Donnell said the student was within his rights to stay.

"If the umpire didn't believe he was out, as far as I'm concerned you don't have to walk," he said.

But Alan Davidson, who took 100 wickets and scored 1000 runs in 44 Tests, said: "If you know you're out, you walk. To me, if you've really hit it, take off mate. But it seems it's anything goes today," Davidson said.

"It amounts to cheating in a way."

Retiring great Adam Gilchrist made it his personal mantra to always walk if he knew he was out.

chaemo;208379 said:
the scotch Vs St Kevins game was witness to a simply disgraceful display of sportsmanship from the st kevins boys. Claiming the scotch no.3 batsman when the ball clearly fell short of first slip, then arrogantly admitting it to their coach is both disgraceful and despicable. U would have thought a Catholic education would have taught them better, but maybe not.

Let me see if I have got this right.

No Scotch player has EVER appealed for an LBW that they KNOW has been smashed into the pads ?

No Scotch player has EVER appealed for a caught behind that they KNOW has brushed the sleeve and not the bat or has simply missed everything ?

No Scotch player has EVER appealed for a run out/stumping KNOWING the keeper or bowler has not had the ball when removing the bails ?

What a wonderful bunch of lads.

Get over it guys and move on.

agreed, this is very rich coming from scotch considering they openly admitted that 3 wickets they got against carey were not out yet the appealed and were given anyway, i think its Karma

gamebreaker;208661 said:
mate how can it b F@#kin karma if we smashed their asses in anyway? shut up dodger u **************

Get your quotes correct from the right people gamebreaker you imbecile and are you going to invite me outside too with your mate CBNBNU ?

Appealing is different to admitting something. Even thought many times you know that it isnt out, it may be worth an appeal, you cant say only scotch do it. everybody in cricket does it. Anyway the final decision is left to the umpire, not the fieldsmen. In this case it was left to the fieldsmen and to say that you definately caught a ball, to dismiss a batsmen and then later on admit that you didnt is disgraceful. you cannot compare that to simply appealing. You appeal if you believe that it is out, or there is a chance that it may be given out...

Sharkies;208672 said:
Appealing is different to admitting something. Even thought many times you know that it isnt out, it may be worth an appeal, you cant say only scotch do it. everybody in cricket does it. Anyway the final decision is left to the umpire, not the fieldsmen. In this case it was left to the fieldsmen and to say that you definately caught a ball, to dismiss a batsmen and then later on admit that you didnt is disgraceful. you cannot compare that to simply appealing. You appeal if you believe that it is out, or there is a chance that it may be given out...

Are you seriously telling me that appealing for something you KNOW is not out is different ?

You have to joking !!!!!!

Give it up, you cant justify the Scotch reaction to the incident.

Back