straight drive

AUSSIE_BOY

straight drive

i have the right action 4 my straight drive, i get it sweet of my bat..

but for some reason it still seems 2 b my weakest shot... i struggle gettin more then a single from it....

does anyone have some advice as to how i can make my straight drive more powerful??

Re: straight drive

you might just struggle with the placement of it, really you should aim to hit it to the opposite side of the pitch to the bowler

ah ok... ill give it a go in the nets...

could my shoulder position have an affect on it??? e.g not leaning my shoulder forward with the stroke

yeah, you need to place all that weight onto the front foot. the key to the straight drive is to not hit it to hard, just stroke the ball, and placing all the weight onto the front foot will help with timing and whatnot

i can barely place this shot well i always get bowled but whenever i do hit it -it usually goes for 6 but i barely ever hit it i always miss it and get out any suggestions??

you might be trying to hit it to hard and maybe taking your eyes off the ball for a crucial second. just keep your eyes on the ball, as the famous saying goes.

The straight drive comes pretty natural to me, i hit a peach of a straight drive last season, straight past the bowler for four, was towards the longest boundary aswell. Pretty nice way to bring up my first ever boundary in club cricket :D

I hit one just above my dad's hip who was feeding the bowling machine. Best straight drive I ever hit :laugh:

Man i cant wait for my my chance to go into the nets with a bowling machine. i can work on getting the timing into the straight drive, using the pace and whatnot

Back