Stretches for Flexibility (upper body)

Liz Ward

Stretches for Flexibility (upper body)

Arm-Up Rotator Stretch.

Stand with your arm out to your side (shoulder height) forearm pointing upwards at 90 degrees.

Place a broom stick in your hand and behind your elbow.

With your bottom hand pull the bottom of the broom stick forward until you can feel the stretch in the rotator cuff.

Repeat with the other arm.

Re: Stretches for Flexibility (upper body)

I did some really good ones last night at Ziranmen practice, like, theyreally stretched you out. I'll try to see if I remember them and I'll get back to you.

I shall have a look around for a photo Virender. In the meantime, let me know if there is any aspect that you do not understand.

This is just a maintenance stretch so you would only need to hold for 10 seconds.

Do ensure that all static stretches are carried out after activity, whilst the muscles are still warm though.

hey liz
this post is a bit out of place but yesterday i got hit on the thigh by a cricket ball that was bowled at 110 kmh theres alot of brusing
my mates mum said i should be careful of bloodclots
are their risks of that
are there any otha risks?

i hope there is no risks... coz i get hit all the time... got hit at training the other night...

yeh i had no thigh pad on or anything and it was a new ball it was rlly hard

Yeh I got that on my back thigh, it hurt a lot more than usual because I got hit in the box the ball before. I was crawling to fielding practice after that.

Come on you boys, harden up :laugh: :laugh:

But seriously, i got hit so many times (and bruised) that i actually forked out the money for a thigh pad

kizza said:
hey liz
this post is a bit out of place but yesterday i got hit on the thigh by a cricket ball that was bowled at 110 kmh theres alot of brusing
my mates mum said i should be careful of bloodclots
are their risks of that
are there any otha risks?

You should be fine.

In the future, I recommend cyrotherapy; ice it. I shall spare you the long, scientific response ;) but basically, it limits bleeding and swelling, decreases pain, reduces muscle spasm and reduces cell metabolic rate. It does need to be applied within minutes to make a difference though.

Virendersingh.berthwal said:
Can we have a video or photo link and also the number of reps to be done after or before exercise :)

Wow! I am truly impressed with the amount of information on the net these days.

Take a look at this link Virender, there is a picture about three quarters of the way down:

http://www.thestretchinghandbook.com/archives/rotator-cuff-injury.php

As mentioned earlier, you only need a maintenance stretch so one, ten second hold with each shoulder, after activity, is sufficient.

Door Jamb Chest Stretch.

A great one for all you sitters... and all you need is a door frame!

Extend your arms out to the side of your body at right angles, and bend your elbow 90 degrees so your hands are upwards (as if you are surrendering).
Place your forearms either side of the door frame (door opened ;)) and lean forward.
Hold the stretch for about 20-30 seconds.

Reading this and the description of the symptoms, I reckon last year what with the amount of practice I was doing I was suffering from this to some degree and ended up having to take it really easy. I'd began to suffer from the not being able to lift my arm syndrome and as it says there it was really vague as to where the injury stemmed from. So all these exercises and warm ups hopefully might help me from suffering a re-occurence?

Back