Struggling against spinners

yes i am a leftie!
newbie here... I have written a new thread about my struggles with batting as I need to deliver somewhat

I am just thinking... if an offie bowls to your middle and turns away from you... it surely should be played differently than when the offie is bowled towards your off stump and turning out to the invisible 4th stump?

A ball landing on the line of the stumps and turning away needs to be carefully negotiated because you can't afford to miss it if it doesn't happen to turn - so either get right forward to the pitch of the ball or right back and play it off the pitch. If you get caught in no-man's-land, try and play to defend your stumps and hope that if it does turn, it just doesn't take the edge.

A ball landing on the line of the stumps and turning away needs to be carefully negotiated because you can't afford to miss it if it doesn't happen to turn - so either get right forward to the pitch of the ball or right back and play it off the pitch. If you get caught in no-man's-land, try and play to defend your stumps and hope that if it does turn, it just doesn't take the edge.
I am pretty sue if it has been bowled near or on my toes I would hit it on a full...
but if it doesn't ... my experience tells me that it is harder to play a shot from an offie after it has bounced because the degree or bounce and the turn can be unpredictable according to ground conditions and even the bowlers' technical ability

Back