Stumpball

mas cambios

Stumpball

This is a really great drill that helps to develop teamwork, catching and fielding. It's probably most enjoyed by younger players but is suitable for all ages.

It's best played with teams of between 4 and 6 players. The aim is to score goals by breaking the opposing team's stumps. You can do this from anywhere on the pitch except for the no entry zones, which are marked out by cones around the stumps.

The ball is passed from player to player in the air - if the ball touches the ground then the opposing team gets possession of the ball. Defenders are also allowed to intercept passes or throws in order to gain control of the ball.

There is no physical contact and no one is allowed into the no go zones except to fetch the ball or remake the stumps. The winning team is the one who scores the most points within the game time.

Attached is a very quick diagram showing the basic pitch layout and the 2 teams. The red circles are the no-entry zones. Average pitch size is 40m x 15m but can be anything you like as long as they're is enough room to for both teams to move about freely.

Re: Stumpball

Diagram is a bit basic but I guess it gets the idea across.

We use to play this a lot when I was younger, it's quite a good game, fun and fast but also teaches you the basics of fielding.

We do only simple fielding practice and its boring I think this is very intersting. Like basketball but different. I dont play basketball but i think I will like this.

That certainly shows what I was trying to convey in the original post - if only I do animations lol.

Stumpball is a handy drill, gets people moving as well as helping to build team work etc.

I like some of the others that follow the stump balls especially the one where the batsman has to bat the ball to the close in fielder, who's continuously moving.

Back