Subbies 2010-11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking a look at the selected sides and there are a lot of changes across the board. Mainly looking at the West teams Yarraville and Williamstown are going extremely young with Williamstown selecting 6 players under the age of 20 and Yarravlle selecting 3 18 year olds. Melton look to be extremely strong again with the additions of Nathan Allen and Nathan Geisler although they have lost young fast bowler Ash Sweet to Carlton and Brian Wheelahan (not sure if he's injured). Chris Hope has gone back to the 2's and Disco Stu Wilson in the 1s.
Good to see Mick Lewis staying on at Coburg to defend there premiership and Caulfield look extremely strong with some new additions. Broadmedows have gone back to the old with Lawson back in the one's along with Turner and a couple of Papua New Guinean's added to the fray. Is Sean Flynn still at Bayswater after his pretty disappointing season last year and what about Shaun Brown at Preston?

Greetings boys,looks like we might finally get some action tomorrow,without knowing any form will have a quick go at some tips;
Oakleigh v Willy-Oaks too strong for a young Willy side.
Bayswater v Melton-the visitors have spent more than Manchester City lately,will win easily
Box Hill v Croydon-neither side impressed last year,go with the home side
Altona v Noble park-Altona look strong again and should win no probs.
Broady v Sunshine-tipsters nightmare,stay with the falcons at their new ground.
Endeavour v Werribee-not sure if Werribee have picked anyone up of note,if not Endeavour to get the cash.
Yarra v Mt Waverley-looks like Yarra will rely on Love to score heavily,but Mt Waverley should be too strong.
Hope the weather gods are kind,good luck to all.

According to my cricket,S.Brown named captain of Preston tomorrow.
Pele,can I presume you're from Bayswater?
Melton would be about $1.10 on the tote.

Okay, I'll have a go at selecting the winners for tomorrow. Let's hope that the weather holds and the predicted showers doesn't effect the matches.
Sub-District - North/South - Round 2. 1-Dayer. Selections Bolded.
Plenty Valley vs. Elsternwick
Balwyn vs. Ormond
Ivanhoe vs. Preston
Brighton vs. Brunswick
Malvern vs. Caulfield
Coburg vs. Kingston Saints
Moorabbin vs. Kew

Sub-District - East/West - Round 2. 1-Dayer. Selections Bolded.
Oakleigh vs. Williamstown
Bayswater vs. Melton
Box Hill vs. Croydon
Altona vs. Noble Park
Broadmeadows vs. Sunshine
Endeavour Hills vs. Werribee
Yarraville vs. Mount Waverley

According to my cricket,S.Brown named captain of Preston tomorrow.
Pele,can I presume you're from Bayswater?
Melton would be about $1.10 on the tote.

Didnt check my facts there. I thought Browny and Tatey had both pulled the pin

I reckon $1.10 is value. I'd be happy to back Melton if I could get that. No doubt Bayswater massive underdogs, but it must be the second longest trip in subby cricket, Round 1 (well first game of the season anyhow) and sporting conditions possibly. Might level things up so I'll tip a big roughy. On Sunday you can call me genius or chump.

In N/S

Elst
Bal
Pres
Bri
Malv
Cob
Moo

Yeah after I posted this I remembered that Mycricket would have the selected sides dunno why I bothered going onto each clubs website. Bayswater would be wanting a big year out of Flynn and you'd think they'd get it can't see him having 2 bad years in a row. You would think it would be hard to go past Caulfield and Melton but you never know.

A few interesting results. Looks like some clubs have picked up a few handy players.

Just saw that Tim Knox got some wickets and the rumor has it he may have hit the winning run.

Kew (aka Northcote) looked like they had a good win

Watch out for Plenty Valley in the future gentleman, 70% of the club under the age of 23, the 1's have pretty much the same team as last year so they will continue to become competitive while the next crop of kids come through and slowly fill open places in the 1's, good times at the Valley!

A few interesting results. Looks like some clubs have picked up a few handy players.

Just saw that Tim Knox got some wickets and the rumor has it he may have hit the winning run.

Kew (aka Northcote) looked like they had a good win

Yes, very close game at Beach Oval. Low scoring due to a very slow outfield. Both Brighton's and Brunswick's attacks look good enough to cause some trouble this year, bit of work needed on the batting perhaps. Brighton heading to Preston this weekend, is their ground up and running?

yeah the ground at preston is up and running from reports..... weather this week looks no good ... will sunday be a option for some clubs there will have to wait even longer to get their season started

Yes, Young Wlli, looks like another frustrating day which probably means your boys from AK Lines will have to wait another week to start their season. At least your girls are winning - and there are certainly some winners there ! Anyhow, assuming there is some play and results over the next two Saturdays here is who I think can get the points:

VSDCA North/South - Round 3 - 2 Day. Selections Bolded.
Plenty Valley (0-1-0) vs. Moorabbin (0-0-1)
Elsternwick (0-1-0) vs. Balwyn (0-0-1)
Omond (1-0-0) vs. Ivanhoe (0-1-0)
Preston (0-1-0) vs. Brighton (0-0-1)
Caulfield (1-0-0) vs. Coburg (0-1-0)
Kingston Saints (0-1-0) vs. Kew (1-0-0)
Brunswick (1-0-0) vs. Malvern (0-0-1)

VSDCA East/West - Round 3 - 2 Day. Selections Bolded.
Oakleigh (1-0-0) vs. Yarraville (0-1-0)
Williamstown (0-0-1) vs. Bayswater (0-1-0)
Melton (0-1-0) vs. Box Hill (1-0-0)
Croydon (0-0-1) vs. Altona (0-1-0)
NoblePark (0-1-0) vs. Broadmeadows (0-1-0)
Sunshine (0-1-0) vs. Endeavour Hills (0-0-1)
Werribee(1-0-0) vs. Mount Waverley (0-1-0)

What are your thoughts on the games Young Willi ?

Yes, Young Wlli, looks like another frustrating day which probably means your boys from AK Lines will have to wait another week to start their season. At least your girls are winning - and there are certainly some winners there ! Anyhow, assuming there is some play and results over the next two Saturdays here is who I think can get the points:

VSDCA North/South - Round 3 - 2 Day. Selections Bolded.
Plenty Valley (0-1-0) vs. Moorabbin (0-0-1)
Elsternwick (0-1-0) vs. Balwyn (0-0-1)
Omond (1-0-0) vs. Ivanhoe (0-1-0)
Preston (0-1-0) vs. Brighton (0-0-1)
Caulfield (1-0-0) vs. Coburg (0-1-0)
Kingston Saints (0-1-0) vs. Kew (1-0-0)
Brunswick (1-0-0) vs. Malvern (0-0-1)

VSDCA East/West - Round 3 - 2 Day. Selections Bolded.
Oakleigh (1-0-0) vs. Yarraville (0-1-0)
Williamstown (0-0-1) vs. Bayswater (0-1-0)
Melton (0-1-0) vs. Box Hill (1-0-0)
Croydon (0-0-1) vs. Altona (0-1-0)
NoblePark (0-1-0) vs. Broadmeadows (0-1-0)
Sunshine (0-1-0) vs. Endeavour Hills (0-0-1)
Werribee(1-0-0) vs. Mount Waverley (0-1-0)

What are your thoughts on the games Young Willi ?

Impossible to tip first up not knowing how the new players in the come are going to go, you would think the likes of Oakleigh, Melton and Caulfield would get up bit its pretty hard to tip the rest.

Only 2 weeks down. In N/S Caulfield, Malvern,Coburg certainties. Looking at Plenty, Elsternwick, Kew to fill other spots. Other sides may surprise.

Few interesting results yesterday from the South teams. Brighton has a good win at Preston by the looks of it. Disappointing for the Bullants who were said to have recruited well. Ormond smashed Ivanhoe to go 2-0, great start for a club which has struggled in the last few seasons. Moorabbin knocked up a huge score on the back of a Pradeep ton, 260 odd in a onedayer against Plenty Valley, and Elsternwick had a bad loss at home to Balwyn. Caulfield had a good win against Champions Coburg, and Malvern play today. Will be interesting to see what happens over the next few weeks, with a mid week 20/20, a Sat/Sun 2 dayer then another 2 dayer. Things will start to take shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back