Subbies 2010-11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll lead off SFE,although couldnt pick me nose after last week,fancy Endeavour Hills beating Yarra,anyway..
East/West -Melton v Broady at picturesque Mcpherson Park,the Lions will start the shortest priced premiership faves for years and with their top 6 unequalled in the comp should just get too many for The Broady boys,be a while since they played in a final I reckon.
Melton $1.10 v Broady $6.50.
Oakleigh v Altona at Warrawee Park-This should be a cracker,Gonna tip an upset here with Altonas batting the difference,Varchione,Hewett,Collins,Maynard,Elmore etc.
Very talented group who are due to click on the same day and I reckon tomorrow might be it.
Oaks $1.50 v Altona $2.35.
Willy v Noble Park at Noble-Should be another beauty,Hats off to the Seagulls for getting this far with a lot of kids and no home ground all year,as usual game hinges on the Willy skipper,wouldnt bet against him getting another biggie,although with Perera,Edmunds and co in good form this ones nearly impossible to call,will stick with Willy.
W
illy 1.85 v NP $1.95.
Nth/ Sth-will leave the preview up to Jimmy and others,tips for the sake of it,Caulfield over Brunswick,Malvern over Kew andCoburg over Elsternwick.
Good luck to all.

After what has been an unbelievable season of disjoint we have finally made it to the start of the finals series, and let's hope that there are two god days of play to allow the cream of the competition to rise to the top. With the majority of matches during the season having been reduced to or programmed as 1-Dayers, the longer version this weekend will no doubt test some sides.

VSDCA. North South Group. Quarter Finals. Sat 12th & Sun 13th March. 2-Dayer. Selections Bolded.
Caulfield vs. Brunswick
Rd.07 Brunswick 7/126 cc (Radford 47, Cruickshank2/23) lost to Caulfield 7/141 cc (Haviland 54, Wilkinson 2/17)

Malvern vs. Kew
Rd.13 Malvern 7/194 (Hale 48, Gill 2/32) def Kew 5/190 cc (Gill 58, Blakely 2/27)

Elsternwick vs. Coburg
Rd.07 Elsternwick drew with Coburg

VSDCA. East West Group. Quarter Finals. Sat 12th & Sun 13th March. 2-Dayer. Selections Bolded.
Melton vs. Broadmeadows
Rd.04 Melton 4/118 (Geisler 43, Ura 1/3) def Broadmeadows 117 (Dai 28, Allen 5/17)

Oakleigh vs. Altona
Rd.06 Oakleigh 131 (Pinwill 19, Boglis 4/14) lost to Altona 7/132 (Hewett 52, Splatt 2/25)

Williamstown vs. Noble Park
Rd.11 Williamstown 5/170 cc (Sheedy 64, Harper 2/25) def Noble Park 116 (Edmunds 36, Sheedy 3/18)

I'll have a go, fingers crossed the weather finally stays away for good!

S/N Group - First XI
Caulfield vs. Brunswick - 6 long years of heartbreak for the 'fields, comfortable win in search of tougher matches and challenges ahead. Consistent Richardson the key wicket.
Malvern vs. Kew - Malvern have had good form all year, but I'll tip Kew in a small upset, very strong side led by Gill.
Elsternwick vs. Coburg - replay of a disputed match from earlier in the season, the remaining premiers with Lewis hitting form and backed up by Morrison with the willow far too good for a faltering Wick line up decimated of late by poor form.

W/E Group - First XI
Melton vs. Broadmeadows - Good season from Broady rewarded with a final, Hutchinson a wildcard, but the depth of batting at McPherson Park too long to consider an upset of epic proportions.
Oakleigh vs. Altona - All of Altona's bats hitting form at the right time, but the loss of Boglis might be too much to bridge the gap.
Williamstown vs. Noble Park - The favourite for the Hatch Medal should enjoy the perfect batting conditions at Pat Wright Oval, Seagulls for mine in a close finish.

W/E Group - Second XI
Werribee vs. MT. Waverley - The Tigers far too strong with both bat and ball, could be a very lopsided result.
Bayswater vs. Melton - No idea how the Lions finished so low, will easily account for Baysy and should face Werribee in the decider.
Altona vs. Noble Park - Noble have lost form at the wrong time, and the A's have been very consistent all year, but I'll tip a strong bowling line up for the away team to continue through to the semi's.

hahahah richo the key wicket.....biggest mouth going around(well the day he gave weapo a flogging) hope they fail again......just because of him.....

i dont like the top 6 format.....a team who loses in 1st week of finals can still go through.....???? thats not right......

go willy!!!

hahahah richo the key wicket.....biggest mouth going around(well the day he gave weapo a flogging) hope they fail again......just because of him.....

i dont like the top 6 format.....a team who loses in 1st week of finals can still go through.....???? thats not right......

go willy!!!

Giving Weapo a flogging is not hard at all...................:p:p:p

Weather intervenes again,no surprise really,not a bloody cloud in the sky at 1pm!
East/West-Willy-Noble washed out delicately poised,at least both go through.
Melton-Broady-on the brink of the biggest upset since Ajax at 40s on,two experienced guys saw them home
Oakleigh through against Altona although unconvincingly,finals jitters again?
Nth/Sth-Caulfield monsters Brunswick,Weapos mate Richo a lazy 160.
Elsernwick-Coburg-another game ruined when in the balance,both go through at least.
Malvern-Kew,what can you say,just feel for Kew,another finals collapse from the Silvertails.
Next week we see Noble travel out to beautiful Maccy Park,Willy to Warrigal Rd,Coburg to Caulfield and Elsternwick to the very very fortunate Malvern. Previews to come.
PS,anyone know what the protest in Altona-Noble park 2s is about?

No idea. Not another complaint about covers is it?
How long will the final six last and when can we get back to a good old Championship game to decide who is the best once and for all.
Caulfield makes 350 against team no 6 and then has them 5 - 50 and Melton skittles team no 6 for 90 and passes easily without problem. Why are sides not good enough getting a go and the Chanpionship game suffers. I give it 3 - 5 years before we get back to what we had for 103 years! Now a team that finishes fourth and losses can win a premiership. Do we want this to happen?

I don't mind the final six. I would rather have four more teams have a chance to win a flag than have a play a game after winning a flag.

No idea. Not another complaint about covers is it?
How long will the final six last and when can we get back to a good old Championship game to decide who is the best once and for all.
Caulfield makes 350 against team no 6 and then has them 5 - 50 and Melton skittles team no 6 for 90 and passes easily without problem. Why are sides not good enough getting a go and the Chanpionship game suffers. I give it 3 - 5 years before we get back to what we had for 103 years! Now a team that finishes fourth and losses can win a premiership. Do we want this to happen?

I have to agree with the new format. 14 teams deserves a top 6 and the idea of a championship final after a team has won a Grand Final is ridiculous (3rd and 4th xi's need to be playing North/South, East/West).
Where I think the top 6 needs a shake up is the fact that a team who finishes 4th can get a 2nd chance through the "lucky loser" idea. Give the top 2 the first week of the finals off and have them play the winners of the 2 elimination finals for the teams who finish 3rd - 6th!!

Melton were 7-60 in the game V Broadmeadows chasing 95...Would have to disagree with the comment that they "passed the score easily without problem"...

3s and 4s are moving to align themselves with the 1s and 2s, next year its North/West, East/South. The 4 group system hasn't worked well and with juniors playing mainly Friday's it allows for teams to get better organised to get to games (don't know about Croydon V Melton or something like that though).
Heard the Altona/Noble Park protest is something to do with sprinklers being on

Some good discussion points above,I believe the sprinklers came on overnight at Altona and wet the wicket,protest will be heard tonight,interesting one.
The 3s and 4s issue will be voted on before next season,I would doubt whether any change would be made,too hard for juniors to get across town by the required time.
anyone got a view on the proposed name change,I think the executive prefer "Victorian District Cricket League" from memory.

The 3s and 4s issue will be voted on before next season,I would doubt whether any change would be made,too hard for juniors to get across town by the required time.

Clubs will vote on either following the 1st & 2nd groupings or returning to the S/E and N/W competition. Either way will give the lower XI's a 14 team comp with a final 6 in line with the top grades. Will be tough for a a few teams to get out to the other side of town, but would be great experience for all.

Anyone got a view on the proposed name change,I think the executive prefer "Victorian District Cricket League" from memory.
There were a few other suggestions as well, like Melbourne Cricket League or Melbourne Metropolitan Cricket League, but I'd suggest they were all voted against in preference of retaining the status quo.

G'day Guys,

I have assisted the VSDCA set up a Twitter account for this weekends matches so that we can all post updates and scores to share around the grounds and grades. I'd appreciate if you could get involved if possible and provide updates from games you are attending so this can work as intended. Please keep it to scores and descriptions rather than personal attacks so we can all enjoy!

Thanks
B&G OCC

VSDCA said:
To All Clubs,

The executive has created an official VSDCA Twitter account in time for this weekends finals matches so that clubs and supporters can post progressive scores online for interested supporters of Subbie cricket and club representatives to stay informed.

The VSDCA Twitter account can be found at: http://twitter.com/SubbiesCricket or by searching for the handle: SubbiesCricket

To interact with the Subbies Twitter you will need to have your own Twitter account, and simply post the following inside the brackets '#SubbiesCricket' as part of your tweet along with score updates, or wicket descriptions and others will be able to receive real time updates from around the grounds. Please be aware you only have 160 characters per tweet so keep the updates brief!

This will be trialled for the next week to see how well it communicates information to our network as well as a wider audience, as we have seen it work very successfully in other sporting associations.

3s and 4s are moving to align themselves with the 1s and 2s, next year its North/West, East/South. The 4 group system hasn't worked well and with juniors playing mainly Friday's it allows for teams to get better organised to get to games (don't know about Croydon V Melton or something like that though).
Heard the Altona/Noble Park protest is something to do with sprinklers being on

correct......council didnt turn them off for sundays play!!!

Weather intervenes again,no surprise really,not a bloody cloud in the sky at 1pm!
East/West-Willy-Noble washed out delicately poised,at least both go through.
Melton-Broady-on the brink of the biggest upset since Ajax at 40s on,two experienced guys saw them home
Oakleigh through against Altona although unconvincingly,finals jitters again?
Nth/Sth-Caulfield monsters Brunswick,Weapos mate Richo a lazy 160.
Elsernwick-Coburg-another game ruined when in the balance,both go through at least.
Malvern-Kew,what can you say,just feel for Kew,another finals collapse from the Silvertails.
Next week we see Noble travel out to beautiful Maccy Park,Willy to Warrigal Rd,Coburg to Caulfield and Elsternwick to the very very fortunate Malvern. Previews to come.

hahaha spud........richo to fail this week when it counts......

had a run with my old boys tonight(thurs) gee whizz.......the great man was wacking them to all parts(though i knocked him over twice) look out.......about time we/they get some redemption for a few years ago when good ol weapo got amungst them again but to no avail.......was mentioned a couple of times tonight.........

willy to destroy the oaks......

hodges for bog.......

imo top 4 and champ final.......

on the grape vine malton boys shattered playing noble park.........quote;; we would rather play willy.......

G'day Guys,

I have assisted the VSDCA set up a Twitter account for this weekends matches so that we can all post updates and scores to share around the grounds and grades. I'd appreciate if you could get involved if possible and provide updates from games you are attending so this can work as intended. Please keep it to scores and descriptions rather than personal attacks so we can all enjoy!

Thanks
B&G OCC

dont worry knackers ill be reporting from the game for bigcricket........ppppffffttttt twitter whats that crap.......

hahaha spud........richo to fail this week when it counts......

had a run with my old boys tonight(thurs) gee whizz.......the great man was wacking them to all parts(though i knocked him over twice) look out.......about time we/they get some redemption for a few years ago when good ol weapo got amungst them again but to no avail.......was mentioned a couple of times tonight.........

willy to destroy the oaks......

hodges for bog.......

imo top 4 and champ final.......

on the grape vine malton boys shattered playing noble park.........quote;; we would rather play willy.......

you sh1t talker:p

i still don't know why you post here weapons?
this is the Subbies thread, not the Willy Comp.
How'd your year go down that low?
Happy to play Noble. Always up for a big challenge. Would have been the same with Willy.

you sh1t talker:p

So you heard on the "gravevine" Melton would prefer to play Willy, Gee, big surprise there, 'cause its' "one out, all out" with the Willy boys. I suspect that both the Oaks and Melton would be expecting to play their respective opponents since the final 6 was finalised. I would reckon that the "great man's" chances of carrying his boys into the grand final have diminished greatly after a net session facing your "pies. He may go in overconfident, Still he is an absolute"gun" and if anyone can do it, "Sheeds" is the man.

It's down to four teams in each of the Groups as the Sub-District season moves to its climax. And it's good to see that the top four teams in each group have made it thru to this round. All have been consistent thru the interrupted season and will look for the silver lining in this weekends matches. And I think that all four favourites can advance to next weeks big dance.

VSDCA. North South Group. Preliminary Final. 19th & 20th March. 2-Dayer. Selections Bolded.
Caulfield vs. Coburg
Rd. 03. Caulfield 4/145 def Coburg 9/144 cc

Malvern vs. Elsternwick
Rd. 06 Malvern 9/174 lost to Elsternwick 6/179 cc

VSDCA. East West Group. Preliminary Final. 19th & 20th March. 2-Dayer. Selections Bolded.
Melton vs. Noble Park
Rd. 10 Noble Park 8/214 cc lost to Melton 7/232 cc

Oakleigh vs. Williamstown
Rd. 02 Oakleigh 9/135 def Williamstown 8/104 cc

i still don't know why you post here weapons?
this is the Subbies thread, not the Willy Comp.
How'd your year go down that low?
Happy to play Noble. Always up for a big challenge. Would have been the same with Willy.

bzzzzzzzzzzzz got him........we wernt good enough in another semi final.......

are you still playing????your old man told me you'd win the hatch medal........you know what i did.......(laugh)haha good luck on the w/e champ!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back