subbies season 07/08 & 08/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: subbies season 07/08 & 08/09

Kahuna9;338465 said:
More than happy to be wrong - just what I was told , here's another one from a much better source . The powers that be at ormond are unhappy with big igor bishara he very well could be looking for another club - my tip Kingston saints

who is your source for mcmahon? should we be keeping an eye out for an application..?

depends if jones stays at kingston which will be known by next week. they want to keep him there.

weapons05/06;338456 said:
shaun brown.......has had an exceptional year........
and mark brown in the 2's.......i might give it a shake........

he is my 2nd choice - either way someone from preston i think...

weapons05/06;338456 said:
shaun brown.......has had an exceptional year........
and mark brown in the 2's.......i might give it a shake........

he is my 2nd choice - either way someone from preston i think...

The Field;338356 said:
First Time poster - long time viewer! For those not interested in Subbie Finals, has anyone got thoughts on Hatch Medal? Or any possible player movements?

1. Kevin Lowe- Preston
2. Shawn Craig- Malvern
3. Shaun Brown- Preston

The Field;338356 said:
First Time poster - long time viewer! For those not interested in Subbie Finals, has anyone got thoughts on Hatch Medal? Or any possible player movements?

1. Kevin Lowe- Preston
2. Shawn Craig- Malvern
3. Shaun Brown- Preston

Kahuna9;338465 said:
More than happy to be wrong - just what I was told , here's another one from a much better source . The powers that be at ormond are unhappy with big igor bishara he very well could be looking for another club - my tip Kingston saints

sounds like u could be the bloke that is still black and blue from 2 yrs ago......saw bishara down nth rd strip last night and has told me he is reappointed

Kahuna9;338465 said:

sounds like u could be the bloke that is still black and blue from 2 yrs ago......saw bishara down nth rd strip last night and has told me he is reappointed

bucket head;338570 said:
well then he is staying at the gunn reserve then , still stand by what I said about people at ormond not being happy with him , even bish will tell you that

bucket head;338570 said:
well then he is staying at the gunn reserve then , still stand by what I said about people at ormond not being happy with him , even bish will tell you that

Kahuna9;338465 said:

If the powers at Ormond are unhappy - why would they re-appoint him, don't make any sense. McMahon would be a big loss for Brighton if he does leave. Anyone sniffing around you buckets?

Kahuna9;338465 said:

If the powers at Ormond are unhappy - why would they re-appoint him, don't make any sense. McMahon would be a big loss for Brighton if he does leave. Anyone sniffing around you buckets?

The Field;338635 said:

?? That's what I heard bish say ,that there was a group of people on the board that didn't want him re apointed? Talk about big loses ormond would not win a game if he left

The Field;338635 said:

?? That's what I heard bish say ,that there was a group of people on the board that didn't want him re apointed? Talk about big loses ormond would not win a game if he left

Kahuna9;338720 said:

Your right about that, they would really be struggling judging by their results! Has anyone else got any trade talk - anything from the north/west as of yet?

Kahuna9;338720 said:

Your right about that, they would really be struggling judging by their results! Has anyone else got any trade talk - anything from the north/west as of yet?

CRICKET COACH

The Coronet City Cricket Club affiliated with the BCA turf wicket competition seeks to appoint a Non-Playing or Playing Coach to lead and assist the Club climb the ranks of Ballarat’s premier cricket competition.

You will have demonstrated communication skills with players at all senior levels and will be assisted by a stable and committed administration.

Significant remuneration linked to your experience, knowledge and ability is available for the right person. Applications, marked Confidential are to be received by April 9th. and mailed to

The President
Coronet City CC
P O Box 4031
Alfredton 3350

CRICKET COACH

The Coronet City Cricket Club affiliated with the BCA turf wicket competition seeks to appoint a Non-Playing or Playing Coach to lead and assist the Club climb the ranks of Ballarat’s premier cricket competition.

You will have demonstrated communication skills with players at all senior levels and will be assisted by a stable and committed administration.

Significant remuneration linked to your experience, knowledge and ability is available for the right person. Applications, marked Confidential are to be received by April 9th. and mailed to

The President
Coronet City CC
P O Box 4031
Alfredton 3350

altona 170 odd.......interesting game melton should get the chockies.......i dont like the word should.......... i wonder if the ground was nice and lush 170 is 170 and 10 poles is a must if the a's were to get up.......early wickets the key........

oaks 260 odd the fielders have trouble chasing over 250 trust me ive seen it many of times........ahhhh the memories

altona 170 odd.......interesting game melton should get the chockies.......i dont like the word should.......... i wonder if the ground was nice and lush 170 is 170 and 10 poles is a must if the a's were to get up.......early wickets the key........

oaks 260 odd the fielders have trouble chasing over 250 trust me ive seen it many of times........ahhhh the memories

Playing coach wanted for high Profile NWCA club that participated in finals and has retained all of its current playing list. Our current coach is stepping down and we require a coach that communicates well and has a proven record of consistent performance.

Players also wanted and if deemed suitable will be renumerated.

Please pm me if interested.

Playing coach wanted for high Profile NWCA club that participated in finals and has retained all of its current playing list. Our current coach is stepping down and we require a coach that communicates well and has a proven record of consistent performance.

Players also wanted and if deemed suitable will be renumerated.

Please pm me if interested.

yep went out to maccy park today......melton too good my man kirk 66*........in what was a slow day 4 down is a pretty convincing win.......well done......the monkey is off the back........1 to go though.........

melton 2nds got beat but 3rds and 4ths won.......

who cares about the other side.........as i said the fielders not good enough to chase over 250.........

just a quick 1 evan gulbis a former w.c.c player scored 163*(190 balls) in carltons big win in the 1sts........good luck next week champ

yep went out to maccy park today......melton too good my man kirk 66*........in what was a slow day 4 down is a pretty convincing win.......well done......the monkey is off the back........1 to go though.........

melton 2nds got beat but 3rds and 4ths won.......

who cares about the other side.........as i said the fielders not good enough to chase over 250.........

just a quick 1 evan gulbis a former w.c.c player scored 163*(190 balls) in carltons big win in the 1sts........good luck next week champ

This goes out to all you clowns that bagged the Melton Cricket Club at the start of the year and called us all chokers and we made the wrong off field decisions!! The only thing were choking on right now is our premiership medals!! 'The Duke' got stuck into our coach dunc harrison at the start of the year and we pissed in the Ken Fewster Club Championship and we had 4 sides in the grand final and won 3 of them so stick that right up your ass you tool, sounds like his done a pretty good job to me. 'The red and the white.. ohh were from melton town!'

This goes out to all you clowns that bagged the Melton Cricket Club at the start of the year and called us all chokers and we made the wrong off field decisions!! The only thing were choking on right now is our premiership medals!! 'The Duke' got stuck into our coach dunc harrison at the start of the year and we pissed in the Ken Fewster Club Championship and we had 4 sides in the grand final and won 3 of them so stick that right up your ass you tool, sounds like his done a pretty good job to me. 'The red and the white.. ohh were from melton town!'

*DaNcE HeRo*;339910 said:

Clowns?! I'll give you another C word to describe your club – CHEATS! Obviously wasn't your fault Dance Hero, and you batted beautifully by the way, but you can't claim you won the GF fair and square when your club broke the laws of the game. Altona batted with a slow, lush outfield on Saturday and then they rock up on Sunday and the outfield has been mowed!!!!!!

Law 12.2 says – 'In matches to be played on consecutive days, the pitch may be rolled, beaten, swept and/or mown at any time after the completion of the first day’s play and prior to the commencement of play on the following day. Under no circumstances is the pitch to be watered or the ground to be mown throughout the game.'

In other words, your club cheated. You should have the flag taken off you. What a disgrace. One of the worst acts any of us have heard of. You got the runs only four down, but with only 3 overs left. Altona's 170 was worth 40/50 more on Sunday.

If that's how you want to 'win', good luck to you. Hopefully the VSDCA makes an example of you guys. Now go and suck down your Bacardi Breezer... clown.

Clowns?! I'll give you another C word to describe your club – CHEATS! Obviously wasn't your fault Dance Hero, and you batted beautifully by the way, but you can't claim you won the GF fair and square when your club broke the laws of the game. Altona batted with a slow, lush outfield on Saturday and then they rock up on Sunday and the outfield has been mowed!!!!!!

Law 12.2 says – 'In matches to be played on consecutive days, the pitch may be rolled, beaten, swept and/or mown at any time after the completion of the first day’s play and prior to the commencement of play on the following day. Under no circumstances is the pitch to be watered or the ground to be mown throughout the game.'

In other words, your club cheated. You should have the flag taken off you. What a disgrace. One of the worst acts any of us have heard of. You got the runs only four down, but with only 3 overs left. Altona's 170 was worth 40/50 more on Sunday.

If that's how you want to 'win', good luck to you. Hopefully the VSDCA makes an example of you guys. Now go and suck down your Bacardi Breezer... clown.

i cant believe you even bothered posting on here........

now being the assistant coach probably not the smartest thing to say after a great win and a good personal peformance........yeah it is bigcricket and there are alot of blokes who dont let out who they are which is fair enough but d/h no need to have a crack back now that the flag is on the wall.......if you know what i mean..........

gee only choking on the medals ..........:eek:

i would have been choking on 25 brittany spears and 17 kiethy urbans........and then yer choke on the medals....or the chris mew...;)

yeah im 1 to admit i got stuck into melton.......but i will also congratulate you guys on the win..........and you all deserve your medals even the 12th man........

now d/h.......did you guys have a 12th man on the weekend.........? im sure you did or im sure this week you will have 1............now if you guys win the champ final im also sure he will claim his granny or champ final medal????.........wouldnt you.........????

i cant believe you even bothered posting on here........

now being the assistant coach probably not the smartest thing to say after a great win and a good personal peformance........yeah it is bigcricket and there are alot of blokes who dont let out who they are which is fair enough but d/h no need to have a crack back now that the flag is on the wall.......if you know what i mean..........

gee only choking on the medals ..........:eek:

i would have been choking on 25 brittany spears and 17 kiethy urbans........and then yer choke on the medals....or the chris mew...;)

yeah im 1 to admit i got stuck into melton.......but i will also congratulate you guys on the win..........and you all deserve your medals even the 12th man........

now d/h.......did you guys have a 12th man on the weekend.........? im sure you did or im sure this week you will have 1............now if you guys win the champ final im also sure he will claim his granny or champ final medal????.........wouldnt you.........????

NuthinButTheTruth;339917 said:

i was going for altona lets get that straight........

i wasnt there day 1 but heard from altona people and melton people that 2 silly run outs in the space of a couple of overs cost you guys the game.........

just like a couple of years ago that catch that got put down cost you's the game.........

2nd best just dont cut it.........it hurts yes but it also gets u up for another crack at the title........

i was going for altona lets get that straight........

i wasnt there day 1 but heard from altona people and melton people that 2 silly run outs in the space of a couple of overs cost you guys the game.........

just like a couple of years ago that catch that got put down cost you's the game.........

2nd best just dont cut it.........it hurts yes but it also gets u up for another crack at the title........

As an Altona supporter who was there both days of the game, i am disgusted with this suggestion from some of our players and supporters. The way a few of our players carried on early in the day and called most Melton players 'cheats' was disgraceful and i appologise to those Melton players and supporters on behalf of our club. This is not how we behave as a club. The grass was not cut overnight as suggested and these suggestions can only be put down to sour grapes on our behalf at not posting a more competitive total for Melton to chase. Also the behaviour of one of our more senior players especially early in the day was bordering the limits of 'the spirit of cricket'. Hopefully our club will take that further internally so it doesnt happen again. I congratulate Melton on their much deserved win and hope our boys take a look at the way they presented themselves throughout the 2 days and come back bigger and better next year.

As an Altona supporter who was there both days of the game, i am disgusted with this suggestion from some of our players and supporters. The way a few of our players carried on early in the day and called most Melton players 'cheats' was disgraceful and i appologise to those Melton players and supporters on behalf of our club. This is not how we behave as a club. The grass was not cut overnight as suggested and these suggestions can only be put down to sour grapes on our behalf at not posting a more competitive total for Melton to chase. Also the behaviour of one of our more senior players especially early in the day was bordering the limits of 'the spirit of cricket'. Hopefully our club will take that further internally so it doesnt happen again. I congratulate Melton on their much deserved win and hope our boys take a look at the way they presented themselves throughout the 2 days and come back bigger and better next year.

hahahahahaha i seriously cant believe your club claims that the grass was mowed on saturday night!! its hard enough getting the the grass mowed during the week by the council, let alone 11pm on a saturday night, get serious!! i suppose you just need an excuse, if that makes you guys feel better about yourselves well continue thinking that. at the end of the day the 'melton ferals won the flag on their own dungheap' isnt that how it goes??? ;)

and weapons, why wouldnt i post now?? seems like the perfect time doesnt it?? 3 flags? proud of the clubs achievements

hahahahahaha i seriously cant believe your club claims that the grass was mowed on saturday night!! its hard enough getting the the grass mowed during the week by the council, let alone 11pm on a saturday night, get serious!! i suppose you just need an excuse, if that makes you guys feel better about yourselves well continue thinking that. at the end of the day the 'melton ferals won the flag on their own dungheap' isnt that how it goes??? ;)

and weapons, why wouldnt i post now?? seems like the perfect time doesnt it?? 3 flags? proud of the clubs achievements

*DaNcE HeRo*;339973 said:

Congratulations on the win DH and to the rest of the club.
Amazing effort getting 4 sides into the grand final and for 3 sides to get up.
Also well done to your boys P-Toe, stayed under the radar all year with sides like Malvern, Caulfield, Box Hill and Brighton getting all the attention but you were better than all of them so well done.
Should be a great game next week.
Im backing in Melton, too much batting power for mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back